UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New Marvel wave news soon?

Lobsterman

I'd buy a Mockingbird / Tigra set to complete the original West Coast Avengers lineup. And maybe a sleeved Hawkeye update, or grey-haired Wonder Man with an updated Silver Centurion Iron Man for that matter.

For the older Avengers, I'd like to see:

Swordsman / Mantis

Black Knight / Falcon

Starfox / 80s She-Hulk

Edited by elhonez

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a new member. I've been reading this thread and would greatly appreciate DST starting a new group. Alpha Flight really deserves some love as they are an underrated group in my opinion.

Guardian / Shaman with Puck Variant

Sasquatch / Snowbird

Northstar / Aurora

Welcome noble sir!

Alpha Flight is one of the major Marvel teams that DST hasn't touched yet (if not the main remaining team receiving no love--Blackbolt has been announced, so Inhumans are on their way). I loved the Byrne run on the series as a kid, and would love those figures. However, I don't think we will see an entire series dedicated to them. It is more likely that we will see a 4 pack with core characters and others released as TRU exclusives, or even more likely, a stray figure or 2-pack here or there until we get the main characters--similar to how they are handling Excalibur at the moment. Plus, variants are now reserved for army builders at the moment, and even if that were not the case, I would expect female Guardian/Vindicator or white Sasquatch over an entirely different character as the variant.

Which reminds me: Mockingbird, retooled Iron Fist and Echo would make for great candidates for wave 34. :P

I'm really surprised we haven't seen a new Iron Fist yet. Some new decal artwork, reuse the existing Iron Fist mask - boom, new Iron Fist. I'm halfway expecting to see him as a new TRU exclusive.

As much as I'd like to see a new Iron Fist, I'd rather they NOT use the existing Iron Fist mask - to this day, I have never been able to get Tarantula's mask on, and am worried that if I do, I'll never be able to get it off again. Seems like the noggins have gotten just a little bigger over the years.

Swordsman / Mantis

With some current parts - Dr. Doom's skirt, Blade's sword and scabbard, and Wolverine's shoulder fins - and some new parts - the upcoming Kree soldier's helmet with top fin - you'd have the part you'd need to make a classic Swordsman.

Hint, hint, Diamond...

I'm a new member. I've been reading this thread and would greatly appreciate DST starting a new group. Alpha Flight really deserves some love as they are an underrated group in my opinion.

Guardian / Shaman with Puck Variant

Sasquatch / Snowbird

Northstar / Aurora

Yes, yes, welcome!

I too would love to see Alpha Flight. I enjoyed the first couple of years of Byrne's run, before things felt like they went Ka-blooey. Who knows? Sasquatch may translate well with duck feet and a waist spacer. I'd like to see something similar:

Guardian / Shaman

Aurora / Northstar

Orange Sasquatch / Puck

White Sasquatch / Snowbird

Oh, and in one pack per every ten cases, Guardian is replaced by Female Guardian, but only in the Babies R Us distribution network, and only for cities ending in a double consenant.

And I don't know if this counts offically as Marvel (becasue the comic was based on toys), but how about Micronauts? The minimate form lends itself to easy conversion from humanoid to centaur. Plus, some key pieces have already been made (Nightcrawler hands and feet, Ambush Bug antenae for Bug). Marionnette and Rann are just humanoids.

(I guess this would better go under the topic of "future licenses", or even more appropriately "NEVER gonna happen)

Personally I'm fairly optimistic we might see Alpha Flight minimates soon enough :) DST has already shown a propensity towards less mainstream characters (See: wave 23), and seeing as the British end of Marvel had just gotten half-decent Minimate representation this year (Psylocke, Union Jack, upcoming Captain Britain), then why not go for the politically-correct hat trick and minimateize Canada next? :P

On a more serious note, the demand for the team in toy form is definitely there. There's already a Guardian in the Hasbro MU line, and Northstar/Aurora was one of the big pairings everyone hoped to see in wave 33. And if DST can surprise us with so many most-wanted mates in eight waves and nine boxsets all in the space of one year, then Alpha Flight isn't looking like such an impossibility after all ;) Whether or not DST will actually complete the team though remains the big question :ermm:

Blackbolt has been announced, so Inhumans are on their way

Still not so sure about this though. (again, remember Vision 2.0?)

new Iron Fist. I'm halfway expecting to see him as a new TRU exclusive.

Dear heaven. Please, no.

@ HRGMann: DST appears to be averting the tight-mask problems now starting with the Ultimates wave. Sure, some of them are super-loose but it's tolerable compared to the not-even-a-refrigerator-can-help-you-now alternative.

Still not so sure about this though. (again, remember Vision 2.0?)

While this is true enough, the Junior Avengers (or whatever they were called) ain't exactly the Inhumans. I would place money on seeing some more Inhumans down the line. Other Jr. Avengers. . .not so much, though I wouldn't rule anything out.

Hi Gentry, this was one of the answers in the last Q&A that DST did:

"DSTChuck: Adam, while I can not confirm or deny that we’re doing a set or figures I will say as time goes on with this line classic Byrne Alpha Flight moves higher and higher up our list of ideas"

So it sounds like you might get your wish in the not-too-distant :)

Personally I'm fairly optimistic we might see Alpha Flight minimates soon enough :) DST has already shown a propensity towards less mainstream characters (See: wave 23), and seeing as the British end of Marvel had just gotten half-decent Minimate representation this year (Psylocke, Union Jack, upcoming Captain Britain), then why not go for the politically-correct hat trick and minimateize Canada next? :P

Speaking of the British end of the Marvel Universe and slightly off topic, I would most certainly love to see Death's Head 2 in minimate form

I would also love to see some of Marvel's horror characters get the minimate treatment. I would be happy with just a Hellstorm/Morbius pack :)

While this is true enough, the Junior Avengers (or whatever they were called) ain't exactly the Inhumans. I would place money on seeing some more Inhumans down the line. Other Jr. Avengers. . .not so much, though I wouldn't rule anything out.

Well as of the last two issues of Slott's Avengers, the whole "Young Avengers" squad looks lke they're on the team now, not just Stature and Vision 2.0. (

Or at least they all helped Clint expose "Wanda" as Loki

) Depending on their visibility over the next year or so, it'll increase their chances.

And with the whole War of Kings thing going right now, it's probably the best chance other Inhumans have of seeing toys.

And with the whole War of Kings thing going right now, it's probably the best chance other Inhumans have of seeing toys.

Especially with Black Bolt and Vulcan apparently being put on a bus sucked into an inter-dimensional tear in the universe for the time being.

then why not go for the politically-correct hat trick and minimateize Canada next?

"minimateize"? Could you conjugate that verb, please? :lol: Looks like another one for the official MMMV lexicon.

And I, too, would be happy to jump on the Alpha Flight campaign bus. There's a team that need some representation. Although I'm saddened by the lack of love for Marrina.

Ominously, didn't Chuck say something about not being able to complete every team they've started?

They also keep saying "a new Nightcrawler is not planned right now" anytime they're asked... if they planned to start Excalibur with the intent to finish the team wouldn't Nightcrawler HAVE to be on the planned list of characters?

so basically as much as I want a new Nightcrawler (a new version of his sister and mother) I bet he's not coming anytime soon and Excalibur is one of those "non-completed" teams. (or more likely a "what do you mean non-completed? Just go find a GSXM Nightcrawler who we felt was still good enough!" teams)

Eh? Did I misuse that word? Or is BHM at his wordplay again? It's the "unsure" smiley that is throwing me.

Don't think about it Cappy. He's just messing with your head again.

Either that or you're conflating it with the word "jongucate", which means "to pummel an object of inordinate size with a mackerel." Often used in stand-up comedy parlance, so the mistake is understandable.

;)

then why not go for the politically-correct hat trick and minimateize Canada next?

"minimateize"? Could you conjugate that verb, please? :lol: Looks like another one for the official MMMV lexicon.

And I, too, would be happy to jump on the Alpha Flight campaign bus. There's a team that need some representation. Although I'm saddened by the lack of love for Marrina.

As a grammar fiend myself, I feel obligated to let you know that it would be spelled minimatized. Ask the grammar robot.

And why was dracula on the moon?

And Mac gargan Venom is the shiznit

And why was dracula on the moon?

It's always night on the moon. (or at least that was the BS answer given.)

And Mac gargan Venom is the shiznit

No, Eddie was a much scarier Venom. Or at least in his first few appearances. Somehow Venom went from a foe so dangerous Peter faked his death so Eddie would leave him alone to a guy Spidey would team up with. And it's been down hill from there. I believe Peter's quote on Venpion goes something like "a loser with a symbiote is still a loser" and he doesn't act scared of Gargan at all does he?

2cents.gifYMMV

That's true Mirymate, but it could also be a case of the writers (in that case Mark Millar I believe)giving Peter his cajones back. Gargan Venom's first fight with Spidey was when he attacked Peter at his high school reunion and killed some of Peter's old classmates, so Peter probably had some pretty strong anger backing him up, as well as the fact that Spidey's gotten into scraps with Venom enough times he ought to be over his fear/disadvantage he feels when facing off with whoever's sporting the symbiote lately. Not that Venom should be taken lightly, but it's a bit ridiculous that Peter would still be afraid of Venom when he's dealt with so much since then, including an Editor-in-Chief derailing his entire life.

Sorry, couldn't resist. So stupid. Mephisto indeed.