UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New Marvel wave news soon?

Lobsterman

It's been a solid two months since we heard about a new wave. DST kind of spoiled us with a veritable firehose of new pics and information back in the spring/early summer.

Think they're sitting on something new, or are they cooling their jets for a while?

Edited by Lobsterman

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hard to say. It seems there's usually some kind of "surprise" announced around the holidays. But I get the impression that with some of the shakey shipping schedules and weird distribution of the LCS waves, coupled with the just plain odd TRU handling of all things mate, that Chuck, Matt and the gang are sitting back for a sec and trying o see how the next few steps shake out before announcing anything new. I'm sure they're throwing character cards in a hat (or however they put these waves together. come on, look at 29s line up and give me a better explanation) to work out 33 and 34 already though.

We really have gotten spoiled. We know what's coming a good 6 months from now, and we're wanting more.

I actually would like to hear something more about Battle Beasts, though. We've got one figure included in a playset as a bit of a sneak peek, but nothing else since.

EDIT: just to clarify, I wasn't being negative. I'm ready for some more news also (wanted: new box set).

Edited by cesium salami

Im ready...bring on the news!!!

Not to thread jack, but do you think when marvel minimates hit their end, DST will do a STFU wave?

just a huge group of obscure figures hardcore fans have been clamoring on for...as a last hurrah or do you think it will be just no news after the last wave hits?

moc847

Im ready...bring on the news!!!

Not to thread jack, but do you think when marvel minimates hit their end, DST will do a STFU wave?

just a huge group of obscure figures hardcore fans have been clamoring on for...as a last hurrah or do you think it will be just no news after the last wave hits?

moc847

I think it will be a case of they solicite a wave and it doesn't preorder enough to get made... either that or they willl run out of characters ;)

T.

You sure that you weren't told, "Spoon," TBT!?

See, now I'm left wanting Tick minimates. Darn you, K80.

the molecule man minimate i saw a pic of here (at least i think it was here)... is that one going to be included in a future TRU 2-pack, gang? and has there been any release date mentioned for that cool warpath/angel 2-pack yet? i KNOW i saw the prototype pics of THAT 2-pack here.

oh, yeah: i finally scored a bullseye/moonstone 2-pack at the TRU in lexington, KY today! woo-hoo! i was THIS close to just breaking down and getting bum-raped on ebay for it, too... :P

Yep, we're getting Spider-Woman and Molecule Man in one pack.

yay on molecule man... boo on spiderwoman. shit, i already have the black-suited variant spiderwoman. grrr.

thanks for the info, though. now that you mentioned it i DO remember reading about that 2-pack here (around the time when the san diego con was going on, i think).

I'm sure they're throwing character cards in a hat (or however they put these waves together. come on, look at 29s line up and give me a better explanation) to work out 33 and 34 already though.

That wave seems to me like some kind of anti-hero wave... Black Panther, Wolvie, Moon Knight... Bob (:P) ... But I guess we'll never know, 'cause that would kinda spoil it more. I think DST is gonna take a break. Just wait guys, as long as the minimates come, we'll be fine...

I move we revive the Minimate Withdrawal thread before this turns into another Wave 33/34 wish list <_<

Yeah, I agree we've gotten spoiled rotten with all the Minimate news we've heard since before SDCC. Of course all that is well and good until you realize how long it'll take to run them through the whole production process before we can hold them in our grubby little paws :wacko: To quote a great boardie's ubiquitous signature: "The waiting is the hardest part."

Am I the only one here becoming increasingly paranoid over how Disney will affect the future of Marvel Minimates?

Some guesses

Adrian and Andrea Strucker (Fenris)

Sue and Johnny Storm

Piotr (Colossus) and Illyanna (Majik) Rasputin

Ultimate Pietro (Quicksilver) and Wanda (ScarWitch) Maximoff

Alex and Julie or Jack and Kate Power (Power Pack... EEEEEEEEEE!!!!!)

---

crap, I thought we weren't doing spoilers...

Seriously, dude... ;)

Edited by Lobsterman

AURORA AND NORTHSTAR!

Or... Wanda and Pietro? Rogue and Nightcrawler? Nathan Summers and Rachel Grey? Franklin and Valeria?

Damn, I can't believe how soon we're getting these. Stop spoiling us DST!*

EDIT: Spoiler, spoiler, spoiler!!!

EDIT2: So Lobsterman takes his spoiler tags out while I put mine in? We're gonna be at this all day. :lol:

EDIT3: If Lobby changes his spoiler tags one more time, I'm gonna lose it. :blink:

*I don't really mean that :P

Edited by NorthRaider