UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The NFL Thread

karamazov80

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. This truly is a different kind of Saints team. What an incredible comeback. I partly blame the Dolphins for getting away from the Wildcat, but they adapted and got the job done. Who dat??

Hey Vikings fan,

Suck it.

Sincerely,

Pittsburgh Steelers.

:)

I believe all of our division rivals lost today, and now, if the playoffs happened tomorrow, the Saints would have home field advantage through the playoffs :buttrock:

Wow. This truly is a different kind of Saints team. What an incredible comeback. I partly blame the Dolphins for getting away from the Wildcat, but they adapted and got the job done. Who dat??

Hey Vikings fan,

Suck it.

Sincerely,

Pittsburgh Steelers.

:)

I believe all of our division rivals lost today, and now, if the playoffs happened tomorrow, the Saints would have home field advantage through the playoffs :buttrock:

Being a good ole' Southern Boy, I fully support the Saints, unless it gets in the way of my love for the Steelers.

That being said, my Crimson Tide is going to annihilate the Tigers.

Roll Tide Roll

Much as I despise Saban, I've got a lot of relatives in Alabama, and it is nice that they have something to cheer for after so many years of crap.

Also, Les Miles is a vastly over-rated coach, IMO, but Saban is one of the most impressive coaches/recruiters I've seen in college football.

I'm actually rooting for Alabama in most games b/c I think they've got the best shot of any team in the SEC of winning the national title this year (of course, our worst team [Vanderbilt?] could beat USC on any day :) ). But that squeaker against Tennessee was not encouraging.

Edited by karamazov80

Much as I despise Saban, I've got a lot of relatives in Alabama, and it is nice that they have something to cheer for after so many years of crap.

Also, Les Miles is a vastly over-rated coach, IMO, but Saban is one of the most impressive coaches/recruiters I've seen in college football.

I'm actually rooting for Alabama in most games b/c I think they've got the best shot of any team in the SEC of winning the national title this year (of course, our worst team [Vanderbilt?] could beat USC on any day :) ). But that squeaker against Tennessee was not encouraging.

I nearly crapped myself.

Thanks bunches Mount Cody!

It seems like the only games worth watching weren't televised here, except for the Vikes v Steelers, which was sad. Sorry Doc there are 3 teams I love watching lose Pats, Steelers, and Cowboys, in that order. I have never rooted for Brett Favre in my life and I think it was sad that I had to on this game.

It seems like the only games worth watching weren't televised here, except for the Vikes v Steelers, which was sad. Sorry Doc there are 3 teams I love watching lose Pats, Steelers, and Cowboys, in that order. I have never rooted for Brett Favre in my life and I think it was sad that I had to on this game.

God, I hate you so much now ;)

Carolina soundly defeated the defending NFC champs. Makes me worry. Tonight will be the first divisional game of the year for the Saints. So, we still have the Falcons, Bucs, and Panthers twice. If the Panthers start "trending upward" now, that could be bad for us.

Yeah I honestly thought the days of Eli's inconsistent performance were over Oh well :confused: .

Tonight's game should be a good one The Saints are playing great they almost look unbeatable Although I don't think I would go around saying that if I was Saints player *cough cough* Reggie Bush *cough*

Saints looked very beatable in the first half of last week. The Dolphins just folded. As for Reggie Bush. . .I rag on the guy a lot, because he does seem to have an incurable case of fumblitis. But still, he brings some very positive things to our team, as well. Maybe, just maybe, they balance out a bit.

Congrats to Shane and Karamazov - your Saints look like they have the potential for one loss this season. The rest of your schedule looks like smooth sailing all the way to a 1st round bye in the playoffs.

My Bucs on the other hand... Well we might get a win against the Panthers late in the season. Barring that, theres a good chance of going 0-16. (Just couldn't let the Lions have that record by themselves, could we?)

Sorry about your team, Reideen, but there is a silver lining. If you know the NFC South, you know how erratic it is from year to year. Teams that look like complete losers one year (the Saints last year, for instance) can turn around and be playoff caliber teams the next. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think we've ever had the same team repeat as division champ, either. . .just a wacky, unpredictable division with a bunch of wacky, unpredictable teams.

Edited by karamazov80

I think that whenever a team gets rid of its offensive coordinator a week before the season starts. . .that tells you that something is very, very wrong. I know they needed some shaking up, but getting rid of Gruden probably wasn't the solution, and I know that getting rid of Garcia wasn't. Not until you establish that you have someone better. Poor Garcia has the Flutie curse of being consistently good and being consistently under-appreciated and replaced by inferior players. I guess he can't complain too much, though:

http://usversusthem.files.wordpress.com/20...carmella_de.jpg

Edited by karamazov80

While things are not looking good for the Saints. I worried about this, with Carolina coming off a big win and the Saints getting full of themselves. They are making some stupid mistakes, but were looking pretty good in the last drive of the half.