UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Star Wars figures

handsomedevil

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, of course. I just need to dig them out of their storage bins. :lol:

I have a lot of Episode I & II figures, and a bunch of the Power of the Force from its initial release in the 90s until the prequels.

I'm gonna keep a few here & there (like the Geonosian arena beasts, for example), but the rest I don't want anymore. I need the space, I need the money, and I'm just digging the cartoony sculpting of the Clone Wars stuff so much more than the realistic look of the rest.

They're all in extremely good condition, too. That much I can guarantee.

Edited by TENIME_art

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just saw one of the recent waves of vintage stuff at Target today. Picked up the ROTJ Leia. Was looking around online for some of the others from this series. Does anyone know why the Wedge figure's so darned expensive. Was he like mega-rare or something?

Yeah, I think Wedge was incredibly short-packed. I probably won't get him as I don't even see a close likeness to the actor in the pics I've seen. Since you bought Leia, I was curious if there was anything different about the figure from the previous release? I open my figures so there isn't any reason for me to get her if only the card is different.

Yeah, I think Wedge was incredibly short-packed. I probably won't get him as I don't even see a close likeness to the actor in the pics I've seen. Since you bought Leia, I was curious if there was anything different about the figure from the previous release? I open my figures so there isn't any reason for me to get her if only the card is different.

Yeah, figured that might be the case. I kinda like the character, but not enough to pay extreme gouger prices for him. I honestly bought Leia because I missed the last one. Far as I can tell it's the same figure, though.

• 1 month later...

The latest Vintage Wave has been hitting stores in my area. I was really depressed that Kithaba, Aayla Secura, and other figures have been pushed back so that they can celebrate the 3D Phantom Menace re-release. However, I went ahead and picked up some of these:

post-2001-0-31209100-1328411097_thumb.jppost-2001-0-50325500-1328411119_thumb.jppost-2001-0-99766700-1328411149_thumb.jppost-2001-0-26035700-1328411204_thumb.jppost-2001-0-66841300-1328411254_thumb.jppost-2001-0-13577500-1328411285_thumb.jppost-2001-0-59331700-1328411317_thumb.jp

My thoughts: Kinda drab as a whole. Anakin only wore that outfit for a split second at the end, but I was impressed by how articulated they made him. This is the first child action figure I have. I could totally see someone making a Franklin Richards or Power Pack custom out of this guy. Daultay Dofine was very well done despite being a somewhat action-less character. They did a REALLY good job with the fabric on this one. Usually cloth doesn't lay down well on these figures, but it works well on him. I also confess that I have always hated that particular dress Amidala is wearing, but the level of detail in the sculpt is amazing...excellent job for those fans that did like this costume! The rest are alright for who they represent.

PS: My Mom thought Quinlan Vos was Maria Shriver! hahaha

UPDATE: Just found some more TPM figures today!:

post-2001-0-66004900-1328982443_thumb.jppost-2001-0-37906800-1328982464_thumb.jppost-2001-0-83938800-1328982482_thumb.jppost-2001-0-38540500-1328982502_thumb.jp

Edited by Chazwinski

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I picked up that Aayla. Not sure I agree with her being the best ever. Slave Leia is really hard to beat in my book. Also, I don't like her pointy hand.

Kosti, probably a better place to ask would be on the Fwoosh forums, as there are more SW collectors there than here. I'd stay away from Rebel Scum at the moment. Last I heard they're having issues, and they are also very... intense.