UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Star Wars figures

handsomedevil

I just got my missile firing vintage mail away Boba Fett on his unpunched card in the mail today. I was horrified by the condition of the box when I opened the mailbox but luckily there was only a small dent on the bubble that isn't too noticeable. Anyhow this is a great figure! I love that they made it just like the vintage figure. I think this is the best mail away figure they have done yet!

post-1769-1284435216_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The second wave of the "Vintage" collection is starting to hit. Most of them were sold out at my Walmart, but I did get the new and improved Anakin Skywalker. I had recently picked up the Anakin that came with the battle card, and I didn't think there was anything wrong with him, but the new version is much more articulated. He also has the cool "Sith eyes"...I still can't see Hayden Christensen in him, but who needs to be reminded of his "acting" anyway LOL. The only thing I liked better on the older version was the belt.

Here are some comparisons for you guys.

post-2001-1285291918_thumb.jpgpost-2001-1285291930_thumb.jpg

post-2001-1285291954_thumb.jpg

post-2001-1285292066_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So because there is so much SW stuff that I have given up keeping up on, I decided to just collect a few specific type of figures. So I collect jedi or other characters with lightsabers, EU, Rebel Pilots, and Mandolorians (and a few other small things). These are some pics of my shelves where I display the open figures in these categories.

post-1769-1289419398_thumb.jpg

post-1769-1289419408_thumb.jpg

post-1769-1289419415_thumb.jpg

post-1769-1289419422_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

The Vintage Return of the Jedi wave is hitting stores. I picked up all of this wave except for the Endor Rebel Commander (who I just didn't care for).

Admiral Ackbar & Wicket:

post-2001-1290289924_thumb.jpgpost-2001-1290290001_thumb.jpg

Finally! A Gamorrean guard for my Jabba display (Dengar is not pleased at being replaced).

post-2001-1290289940_thumb.jpgpost-2001-1290289953_thumb.jpg

This Luke will replace the Bespin Luke. This figure is awfully skinny, though. The face sculpt is new and you can compare it to the Bespin one. I like both face sculpts and can't decide which one looks best.

post-2001-1290289961_thumb.jpgpost-2001-1290289976_thumb.jpg

This R2D2 has a serving tray for Jabba's sail barge, the Khetanna. He also can store Luke's lightsaber but unfortunately, it doesn't fire it out like it did in the movie. :(

post-2001-1290289986_thumb.jpg

Last is Wooof...my first Nikto action figure ever.

post-2001-1290290013_thumb.jpg

Ugh, Gambitron. You've got those Mandalorian packs. Those are so hard to find. :(

Yeah and I was going to keep them in their package but they were on a shelf and there was a leak in the roof and the packages got all wet and warped so I went ahead and opened them up. I really love those packs.

I can't wait to find that Admiral Ackbar vintage figure! The R2, Wicket and Gamorrean are awesome too! I don't really care for the other figures in that wave though. One thing I don't really understand is the what is the point of doing vintage style figures of the prequel trilogy? I understand it looks cool but I thought the point was to put new figures on vintage cards. Oh well I do understand that Hasbro banks on selling Star Wars until the world ends so they have to come up with as many different ways to rehash the same things as they can!

Edited by gambitron

One thing I don't really understand is the what is the point of doing vintage style figures of the prequel trilogy? I understand it looks cool but I thought the point was to put new figures on vintage cards. Oh well I do understand that Hasbro banks on selling Star Wars until the world ends so they have to come up with as many different ways to rehash the same things as they can!

Yeah, it's probably what you said. I sold all my true Star Wars vintage figures in the early nineties...little did I know I would start getting action figures again years later. I think the articulation in these figures are so great...I don't mind them putting the prequel characters on the vintage cards as long as that's an excuse to get these better quality figures. :)

I can't wait for the Aayla Secura fig later next year... I'm glad I started getting these. It gives me something to get in between minimate and Marvel Universe releases... and they are much easier to find.

Edited by Chazwinski

• 2 weeks later...

I picked up Admiral Ackbar at Walmart the other day and a giant anvil fell on my head. . . . .ya know cause it was a trap. :pinch: Sorry that was lame, but I love this figure! I also snagged the Clone Wars Shaak Ti since the other one I have is the Ep II one that is in a permapose which I don't really care for so I had to get a better updated version.

Edited by gambitron

That Shaak Ti is pretty cool. I got her and the rest of that wave and the next one from HTS. I paid for regular shipping, yet they sent them all individually as they came in stock (some of which shipped on the same day). For a minute, it felt like I was getting an order from TRU (except they weren't in padded envelopes).

Tonight I saw the ESB vintage 9-pack at Target. It's a good thing I only get the CW figures or I'd have been out $50 tonight. That thing looks awesome.

• 2 weeks later...

I was playing around with my action figures today and I posted this over at Marvelous News...

Do you guys do stuff like this?

I love it when different licenses come together! LOL

Here’s my little scenario:

Greetings to my Dark Lord and Master, Darth Sidious:

I fear that strange things are happening on Naboo that warrant your attention. Recently, one of our spies witnessed a clandestine meeting between Queen Amidala, many of the accursed Jedi Order, and several unknown beings. Many of the beings were carrying weapons of unknown origin and wearing emblems and coats of arms that have never been seen. What is even odder is that some members of the group seem to be doppelgangers of each other (At least three of the women appear to be the queen herself) and perhaps even come from different time periods in our history (or perhaps future?). Given the danger of this situation, I have not shown these images to anyone. Perhaps you know someone who can identify some of the unknown identities in them? I await and am ready to act on any orders that you in your superior judgment deems fit to give me.

Your Most Humble Servant,

Darth Maul

post-2001-1292714207_thumb.jpgpost-2001-1292713819_thumb.jpg

post-2001-1292713842_thumb.jpgpost-2001-1292713852_thumb.jpg

intercepted message from Kamino:

Obi-Wan Kenobi: With the recent information acquired from our new friends, progress in dealing with the "Clone Trooper Problem" is well on its way. The accumulated knowledge of the probable timelines and their best scientists' cooperation with the cloning facility staff is most satisfactory, Master.

Yoda: Excellent, Master Kenobi. Saved, the Galactic Republic will be, before begun the Fall has.

post-2001-1292713871_thumb.jpg

Edited by Chazwinski

• 1 month later...

From Toy Fair coverage on the net:

- Vintage is going through 2012, and 35 figures coming out in 2011. We will see figures from the expanded universe in this line now.

- Look for Vintage figures of characters from the deleted scenes that will be included on the Blu-ray release of the 6 movies.

- Bespin Hon Solol, Barris Offee and Rebel Blockade Trooper coming in Vintage Wave 3 for 2011.

- Bom Vimdin, Captain Fordo with 2 helmets (Trooper Commando) and Logray will also be in wave 3.

- 501st Trooper Dr Evazan(sp?), Kithaba, and Nom Anor who is resculpted and have removable spikes.

- Bastila Shan, Echo Base Trooper and Poda Boba with 2 sets of hands. Human and Hoof and removable arm.

- 12 figures will be released on special variant edition "Revenge of the Jedi" Cardbacks including Slave Leia, B-Wing Pilot, Tie Fighter Pilot. There will be a special comic-con exclusive that has all 12 figures included in a special Death Star package. This set will also have two special mini-figures on special mini-vintage cards. Those two will be a Mouse Droid and Solacious Crumb.

- Fal Mail-In figure will be Prototype Armor Boba Fett. There will be a hint of the beach towel that was shown in 1978.

- Blu-ray Commemorative Packs will be out in August. a set for each movie.

- Galactic Heroes will come to an end and then go through a transformation and rebirth called Jedi Force that will be found on the pre-school aisles. Vehicles will also be released including a new Millennium Falcon.

Got my Kit and Zam today!

Kit Fisto is a great figure with ball-jointed hips. It kinda makes up for the fact that he can't move his head. It just can't be helped with those long dreadlock-like tentacles. The cape looks good and he is very imposing looking next to the other Jedi...he's very tall and wide shouldered compared to some of the others. He also has an unlit lightsaber you can attach to his belt.

post-2001-1297729172_thumb.jpg

Zam came with all sorts of accessories: Her helmet has goggles that move down, a veil, a folded up veil, and her Clawdite head. The helmet fits her human head and Clawdite head perfectly. I wanted to make her look a little more feminine and used a sharpie on her eyes, but I think I ended up making her look sort of like Marlena Dietrich. Oh well. She's a great figure...Very detailed!

post-2001-1297729183_thumb.jpgpost-2001-1297729199_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I recently picked up the two TRU Battle For Endor sets and since I only wanted the Rebel pilots the droids and Tie Pilots went on eBay. But I thought I'd share the pic of one of the droids since it came out exactly as I want all of my pictures too. It was almost good enough for me to not sell it, but I can't start buying droids-there's too many to catch up on.

100_1418.jpg