UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Star Wars figures

handsomedevil

I have a shelf with just rebel pilots so I was interested in buying the Endor sets, but I couldn't bring myself to spend 50+ dollars on 8 figures, 4 of which I didn't care about at all and the other 4 of pilots who are pretty lame.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So my wife entered a thing on the Disney website this last week and won to have her and a guest (I was the guest even though she entered for me) to be one of the first to ride the newly revamped Star Tours. So we flew down Thursday night and got up super early Friday morning, waited in line 4 1/2 hours to be "first in the galaxy" (as the free pin we got says) to ride the Star Tours the Adventure Continues ride. I am not a fan of 3D but this new version of Star Tours is AMAZING! There are like 54 different ride experiences, the show looks amazing and the 3D is BY FAR the best I have ever seen. Great job Disney on the redo of that ride.

• 1 month later...

So this week I picked up a TCW Barris Offee and the Vintage collection Fi-Ek Sirch because the versions I had of them before were the permaposed AOTC figures so I wanted to upgrade to the new figures with all the good articulation. I did this also over the last while with Aayla Secura, Luminara Unduli, and Shaak Tii. My daughter was happy to get the permaposed girl jedis to play with!

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not sure how wide-spread this is, but I went to my local Target a couple days ago and they finally stocked the Classic Vintage figures across several waves.

I scored the Logray figure I was looking for and found that it rang up as $4.49 as did all the other figures.

As far as I can tell, this isn't clearance but maybe a temporary price drop. Check it out if you are looking to stock up - I went back and got several more figures for that price

That's an awesome find.

It looks like Hasbro is sending out lots more stock as I've found several of the new Clone Wars figure/vehicle sets and Battle Packs in several different places. The Battle Packs are a total rip since most of them are repaints and they're now charging $20 for three figures. It's still less than buying single figures, but when BPs started they were $20 for 4 figures. It's just hard to spend $20 for one new character and 2 re-issues.

I personally think they would sell more if they would do more TCW figures and less of the Legends figures that are just repackaged or slightly altered figures that we already have. Those figures seem to be the ones that pegwarm the most.

Yeah - I can see that. A lot of the Saga figures are on clearance at a local Walmart because they are just repackaged versions of figures that have already been released. I really look for neat Clone Wars characters or better versions of some of my characters in the form of the Vintage Collection. I really like the added articulation and the cloth robes and accessories.

I only collect 1 set of characters for the most part - having every version of every series is a little too much for me to deal with, so I always look to replace/upgrade the pieces I have with a slightly better version.

I'm kind of like that. I started fresh with the Clone Wars because I like that era and the animated look. Plus it was nice to start at the beginning and keep up as it goes along. Of course, keeping up has been harder now that there are four different lines going to warm all the pegs. But yeah, that Legends line was way overshipped.

Haven't seen anything new at the stores in AGES... but I did get a Bespin Han Solo online, recently. I think this is the best version of Han, yet...

I never used to collect figures this scale because the likenesses were so off, but they've really stepped things up with some of these Vintage Collection figs. This Han is a spot-on Ford, and the Bespin and Dagobah Lukes are pretty great too. I saw something about a Bespin Leia being in the works, hope she's also at this level.

Between this line and the 30th Joes, Hasbro's getting a lot more of my money than they used to!

Haven't seen anything new at the stores in AGES... but I did get a Bespin Han Solo online, recently. I think this is the best version of Han, yet...

I never used to collect figures this scale because the likenesses were so off, but they've really stepped things up with some of these Vintage Collection figs. This Han is a spot-on Ford, and the Bespin and Dagobah Lukes are pretty great too. I saw something about a Bespin Leia being in the works, hope she's also at this level.

Between this line and the 30th Joes, Hasbro's getting a lot more of my money than they used to!

I like this scale and have a particular fondness for it - especially the Vintage stuff - because I am probably one of the few on this board who was actually around to get figures in this packaging during the first go - when Kenner was selling these. I still have the original R2-D2, C-3PO, Yoda, and an army of Jawas.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Last week I finally found a riot control clontrooper (I love the shield he comes with) and also a Savage Opress. I was bummed when I got the Savage figure because he didn't have a lightsaber.

Then last night at Walmart I discovered version #2 of Savage, this one with a lightsaber (and a shirt). I guess it pays to pay attention to upcoming stuff so that I would've known that there was going to be two versions. I also picked up Even Piell.

I clicked a link from the Star Wars Blog and voted for the fan's choice figure. I chose Jorus C'boath. I have wanted a figure of him since they first started figures from the expanded universe.

I found a Bastila Shan today. She's not my favorite, but definitely not a bad figure either. I think I just got excited to come across her and when I got home, I was like: "Why did you buy Bastila and not the Tauntaun which was a lot cooler?" lol. I guess $15 really does make a lot of difference. Still, it's always nice to see a female jedi.

post-2001-0-95187500-1320370636_thumb.jp