UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

How long can the army building go on?

Cramer

So we've got this great army building thing going on with each new Marvel wave we get. I've been thinking, how long can it go on? The only other army-type characters we can get, that I can think of, would be the Hand, and maybe some of Doom's soldiers or robots. I would love to see some Sentinels, but I'm sure some don't like the fact that they're not supposed to be that small. Also, I guess they could do some other classes of Kree and Skrulls. I can't think of anything else. Please, someone help with the list of possible army characters that can be produced.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. Great job, thanks guys. On the Multiple Man sans jacket, I was hoping we'd get a little surprise with him being able to be switch out the jacket and 'helmet' for what we've seen. I would love to see Moleoids, hellfire guards, 616 shield agents/ cape-killer units, MODOK squad. I knew there were more out there, I just needed help figuring out who.

Doom Servo-guards

Shi'ar warriors

Watchdogs

Sons of the Serpent

N'Garai

Dire Wraiths

Badoon

War Wolves

Rock Trolls (found plenty of pictures of Ulik, but no generic trolls)

Lava Men

Prime Sentinels (yeah, I'd rather have actual Sentinel Sentinels too, but we gotta a height requirement to work with)

All great ideas.

Moleoids (with a Mole Man) would be my #1 army builder want.

Some Mindless Ones (with Dormammu) would be a strong contender.

Even those pink humanoids from the Tales to Astonish issues with the Hulk and the Leader would be a great addition.

Or, y'know, some SHIELD guys. A few different heads would be cool too. You could make a Gabe Jones, Sitwell, or Dum Dum Dugan.

And Atlanteans? Yeah boy! Gimme an Attuma too, please.

Edited by Mystery Man

do we have Hand Ninjas yet? those in their various looks would be nifty.

comic SHIELD grunts [with a rifle, pistol, two hairpieces and a bowler hat as accessories] would be great too.

i'd also buy civilians! reversible male/female head, couple of hairpieces for each, reversible torso block under a jacket...

Edited by lastmaximal

And also, there MUST be a pirate guy who has a crew of generic pirates somewhere in the MU. Marvel can't have missed that obvious opportunity, right?

There was a Commander Kraken, who was Pirate themed Kirby-Techno-Pirate, but they killed him off back at the Bar-With-No-Name massacer during that first Scourge story. There's the specteral Flying Dutchman, but he makes Kraken look mainstream by comparison.

And come to think of it, Scourge would make a neat army builder... and a nice liscening nightmare, since I don't see Hasbro sharing the rights to the name. Maybe they could call them the Lame-Villian-Pruning-Squad! Or... not...

And also, there MUST be a pirate guy who has a crew of generic pirates somewhere in the MU. Marvel can't have missed that obvious opportunity, right?

... and a nice liscening nightmare...

Probably spelt incorrectly every time by everyone who types it but that is definitely a new way ;).... it is indeed a nightmare!

Starjammers! These were not as their name implied a new type of nightwear but a bunch of pirates (space pirates)!

Do you know why pirates are called 'pirates'?

Because they ARRRRRRRRR Jim-lad !

The SHIELD agents could be in two different waves. There could always be both male and female agents. You know something like:

New Nick Fury/ Female SHIELD agent

Variant: Dum Dum Dugan

Next wave:

Maria Hill/ Male SHIELD agent

Variant: Sharon Carter

Hand could be done a few times too, in different colors. Not to mention that ANY of the army builders would be welcome, IMHO, in more than one wave, even if they did not have any different paint aps. It is hard to want a ton of the main character that is now packed with the army man. Box sets, please!

I say, keep going with the army building. Its one of the best ideas that Art Asylum has had in years. All though, in honesty, there is not much else out there. At least nothing major left to do in Army building terms. But then again, I am not as well versed in the odd not so popular characters in the Marvel Universe. :P

Here's a random thought:

Would anyone be offended if they reissued with little to no change the existing army builders?

Like in 10 waves or so if they put the AIM Agents into the sets would that be a "oh good! two more for my growing army" thing or would it be a "ah f***! I bought 50 Caps/Ironmans to build the army I wanted! How dare they reissue them in a standard release! Now I'm gonna have 52 henchmen which is such a weird number to work with!!" thing?

Because that could certainly extend the life of the army builder concept and let those who come in late catch up/those who want an army but didn't want to buy 500 Ironmans will slooooowly over time be able to pick up one pack and eventually have an army.

Here's a random thought:

Would anyone be offended if they reissued with little to no change the existing army builders?

Like in 10 waves or so if they put the AIM Agents into the sets would that be a "oh good! two more for my growing army" thing or would it be a "ah f***! I bought 50 Caps/Ironmans to build the army I wanted! How dare they reissue them in a standard release! Now I'm gonna have 52 henchmen which is such a weird number to work with!!" thing?

Because that could certainly extend the life of the army builder concept and let those who come in late catch up/those who want an army but didn't want to buy 500 Ironmans will slooooowly over time be able to pick up one pack and eventually have an army.

it's the internet, someone will always find something to complain about.