UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Tantive IV SW lego set

gambitron

So I saw this new set in person in the display case at comic-con and it was awesome and now that my new lego catalog has shown up with this set on the cover I still haven't decided if I am going to get this set. It is awesome and other than the Death Star I have at least one version of every Original Trilogy set (that is minifigure size) that has been released. I think it looks awesome but I am just not sure at 149$ it would be the most expensive Lego set I would have purchased (#1 currenlty being 140$ for the Jawa Sandcrawler). If you haven't seen this set check it out here. Is anyone else here going to get this set? With free shipping on orders over 75$ on the website right now I am really trying to make up my mind soon!

Edited by gambitron

I don't know much about LEGOs, so I can't give a fully informed opinion one way or the other. . .HOWEVER, you will note that LEGO Batman stuff had increased exponentially in value since LEGO stopped producing them. You will also note that Star Wars collectors are behind only Hot Wheels and Barbie collectors (possibly) in their degree of collecting nuttiness (defined as willingness to spend ridiculous amounts of money on large quantities of silly plastic trinkets). Put these two things together, and you have the real potential that this will end up being a better than bad investment. So, it might be worth picking up, even if you aren't fully sure about it.

Of course, the X factor is production run. I have no idea how many of these things are produced, and how that will match up with long term interest.

BTW, if you post something here and it even smells like you are asking advice as to whether or not to buy something, you can place a safe bet that most members who respond are gonna say "buy it!" Minimate Multiversers are the best at what they do. And what they do is enable block figure addictions.

Very true! But it is also nice to have those extra yes responses to help quell the no responses in my head!

I did buy the Home One set blockmerchant and I love it! The function in the hangar that launches the A-wing is amazine and getting Admiral Ackbar is great. This set was the one I voted for last year when they did the poll so I am incredibly happy that I got it and if you collect SW legos I don't think you would regret it either.