UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Starlight Customs: Despero, Lady Chronos

Starlight

I've been working on getting the characters I wanted made into customs.

Since DC gave up on minimates it doesn't seem likely that we'll see them get made anyway. Being a big JLI/Booster Gold fan my interest tends to lean directly towards characters from those books. The first one I finished was Ice, and while Blue Beetle (Ted Kord) is not finished and already has a figure I wanted to see how he looked in his chubby stage.

ice003.jpg

Edited by Starlight

Being a big JLI/Booster Gold fan my interest tends to lean directly towards characters from those books.

I'm going to like you... those look lovely, cannot wait to see what else you do... I really want a Fire and Ice now. Oh, and y'know what, I don't think i've seen one custome Mr.Miracle on here... yet

:thumbsup:

Simple yet effective :) And Chubby Ted looks fun too :D

Yeah, I wanted to start on something simple. And I suspect that if I ever get around to doing a comic with these figures that I'll have much fun with chubby Ted. ;)

I'm going to like you... those look lovely, cannot wait to see what else you do... I really want a Fire and Ice now. Oh, and y'know what, I don't think i've seen one custome Mr.Miracle on here... yet

I'm almost done on Fire. I thought about her flamed look but it was too simple to work on, and the new look isn't iconic. So it's the 80's duds. :) I actually haven't thought about doing a Miracle yet but I have thought about a Max Lord.

At least this way I get to have the figures I wanted that would likely not get made or not for a long time anyway if the line continued. With Marvel most of the characters I want are already made while the rest are likely to get done.

I am fond of Chubby Beetle maybe because I love that era so much.

Thank you so much! :) I do have a fair amount planned, many of which aren't big names, a few "newbies", and much older characters.

For Fire I went over different hair styles but decided to go with the biggest hair next to Starfires' that I could. And just for comparison sake I have Fire and Ice together for the shot.

more003.jpg

Along with the guys of JLI.

more005.jpg

...Which wouldn't end well if Booster leaves Ted alone with Guy.

Here are some of the baddies that have shown up in Booster Gold. From the Time Stealers an early version of Despero. I wanted to use Havoks' weird head piece for something but I wasn't sure if I should sculpt the fin. The jewel works as his third eye.

more006.jpg

Rick Remender used Lady Chronos to fight Booster in his series as well as the All New Atom. She teams up with the original Chronos, as his partner and lover. Sharing his interesting fashion sense.

more007.jpg