UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Batman: Arkham Asylum

Punisher

I feel this game deserves it's own discussion thread.

Alright, this game is HARD, and I need a little help.

I'm at the part where the two security guards are locked in a room, and I have to clear the joker gas from the next room over so they ca get out. I go up the vent, and enter above the gas filled room. Now, there are fans, but I can find only one fan switch. I throw a batarang at it, and one fan goes on. Now how do I turn on the rest of the goddamn fans?

I feel this game deserves it's own discussion thread.

Alright, this game is HARD, and I need a little help.

I'm at the part where the two security guards are locked in a room, and I have to clear the joker gas from the next room over so they ca get out. I go up the vent, and enter above the gas filled room. Now, there are fans, but I can find only one fan switch. I throw a batarang at it, and one fan goes on. Now how do I turn on the rest of the goddamn fans?

Cutting on that first fan should lower the gas enough to reveal some platforms. Hop across those platforms until you can't really go any further, then turn around and you should see a second control box. Nail that one to lower the gas some more. You should also see a prison inmate dangling from a rope. Batarang the rope to cause him to fall through a weak roof to reveal a third box inside that room (you'll have to swing over to where the guy was dangling to see it) Nail that box to completely drain the gas.

Where are these so-called raised platforms? There is literally no where I can jump to.

Unless we're talking about two different parts of the game, once you hit that first controller, the gas should drop enough to see some catwalk platforms just above the top of the gas.

Yeah, it was really a matter of me forgetting how to glider. facepalm.

I'm up to the part where I have to search for Dr. Young now. She's a witch!

And thanks for the link Karamozov! I was looking for a site like that, and it helped me with beating Bane!

• 3 months later...
anyone still buying this game?well part the sequels trailer is already up and it looks incredibly badass!!!!!

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/batman-a...-spike-tv/59828

Sigh...i hate it when games, movies, and television do this. The take something fantastic like Arkham Asylum and overestimate it, deciding to make a sequel. It can't get better, and will only destroy the franchise...wonderful...Even worse?? This looks as though Arkham Asylum will be a 3-part series. 1 was the set-up, 2 the knock-down, 3 the rebuilding.

Perhaps reminiscent of, say, The Dark Knight franchise (C'mon Nolan. Sign the hell on already.)??? :ohmy:

That being said, that trailer DID manage to creep me the hell out, which i can only assume is what it was trying to do, so bravo there. Mark Hamill should ALWAYS play Joker in anything animated; 'nuff said.

Punisher, you are awesome for starting this. I'm stuck in the same exact place and had to go to this site, which is where I get my info when I get stuck. Two Face, my wife actually said, "Great, they can't come up with one original idea, so they make a sequel?". Of course she was joking :P This is definitely a interesting game. I'll see if I can make it past this part too.

Anybody visit http://arkhamhasmoved.com/ yet?

I'm extremely excited for the new sequel and I'm glad they're not going to try and set it on Arkham again.

It's looking like Two Face is going to be one of the main villains, but did anybody notice any of the clues toward other villains in the Trailer? The building that the Joker is hiding out has a rusted Sionis sign in it which is a clue towards Black Mask since Roman Sionis is Black Mask's alter ego and his family owned their own company. Also one of the buildings being looted is the Penguin owned Iceberg Lounge.

I don't think the story'll be a straight retelling of No Man's Land (as awesome as it'd be), since I remember one of the guards talking about the events of it in the first Arkham Asylum implying that Gotham had already been hit by the quake prior to the events of the game. But they're definitely going to pull alot of elements from it.

For some weird reason I really hope Solomon Grundy is in the new game, living in the sewers Long Halloween style. I don't know why, but I think a sewer segment where Batman gets caught between a fight between Killer Croc and Grundy would be totally awesome.

Edited by Andimus Prime

I am dubious to see if they can make lightning strike twice. The first game was absolutely incredible but I worry they will rush this new one out to capitalise on the license and quality will suffer, which will be a real shame as the first one has so many loving touches to the Batman mythos.

I'm not that worried about it, the details of the first game were scant up until about 3 or 4 months before the release and this is probably going to be the most we'll hear about the game for the next few months. I also don't think Rocksteady has it in them to deliver an inferior product given how crazy detailed the first was, nor do I think they wanted the license just to make one game.

That said, I'm keeping cautiously optimistic about this at least until they announce a release date.

Don't know what to expect, but I agree that the first one was amazing.

I also had some difficulty with the gas room that you guys are talking about. There were a couple of points in that game where I was thinking, "I've tried everything--3 times--and nothing works! What do I do??!!" But of course, I eventually figured it out. I mean, I was playing as the freakin' Batman! He figures everything out.

Edited by karamazov80

I am having a ball with this one and driving my wife nuts :biggrin: I'm trying to make my way around the intensive care, since Joker rigged all of the gargoyles :lol: Sneaky little bastich. I can't wait to get my ultra batclaw, so I can get across that gas and get my missing trophies.

I've got to say I am impressed with this game. I'm usually into shooters, but this has a little bit of everything. Something I am hoping they fix in the sequel is how both Batman and Oracle call the other one by their aliases. Neither one of those characters would do that, unless they've changed that in comic continuity. I think it was a Batman Beyond episode where Bruce was being driven slowly crazy and they kept referring to him as Bruce. At the end he tells the person he knew it wasn't a real psychosis because that isn't what he calls himself. That's the Batman I know.

I'm very excited for the sequel! I'd love it if Cat Woman made an appearance.

OK, wrapped up the game and trying to retrieve my missing trophy's and riddles. Quick question, can I or how do you use the elevator in the sanatorioum section of the medical facility? I'm also trying to locate the last spirit of arkham symbol in the abandoned chamber(I think?) where it's flooded. It's against the wall somewhere according to the map and I've found bumpkiss.

OK, wrapped up the game and trying to retrieve my missing trophy's and riddles. Quick question, can I or how do you use the elevator in the sanatorioum section of the medical facility? I'm also trying to locate the last spirit of arkham symbol in the abandoned chamber(I think?) where it's flooded. It's against the wall somewhere according to the map and I've found bumpkiss.

the flooded room,that i think youre talking about,is the room were you have to save the security gaurds,right?its located in intensive treatment,i think.

OK, wrapped up the game and trying to retrieve my missing trophy's and riddles. Quick question, can I or how do you use the elevator in the sanatorioum section of the medical facility?

If you're thinking of the same area I am,

There should be a vent close to the elevator that will lead you down a floor.