UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU BSG 2: the barefoot wave?!?

Hello!

Just got back from my local TRU with the wave 2 BSG wave in my mitts. Gleefully ripped open the packaging to find that ALL of the female characters except for Athena are barefoot! I looked at the product photos and they are all supposed to have black sandals / slippers ... yet here is what we got:

(sorry for the super-blurry pic. It's from my iPhone.)

EDIT: added a (hopefully) better pic.

post-111-1251484949_thumb.jpg

post-111-1251485707_thumb.jpg

Edited by Xybot

Somebody else mentioned this .....so what's afoot?

Apart from 12 inches.

Seriously has this any bearing ( I can't help it even when I'm not trying :confused: ) on the events in the series ? I don't think so! Factory cock-up big-time I'd say .....amazing mistake .

Edited by buttheadsmate

Quite frankly i picture Captive Six with barefeet...she's a prisoner in a small metal cell. Shoes don't really seem to be an issue.

As for the others, i can see Ellen here as "just after kicking the shoes off" with that smile of hers. Tory i will admit doesn't make sense. But it gets us all the Cylons in one wave, so i'm alright with a little cost cutting; as BHM said, did this really impact the series that much?? Probably could've put it in the revival thread, too. ;)

Quite frankly i picture Captive Six with barefeet...she's a prisoner in a small metal cell. Shoes don't really seem to be an issue.

That was the first pack that I opened and I thought exactly the same thing. I thought it was weird, but intentional.

"Maybe she took her shoes off in the cell one episode and i just don't remember."

I agree with your point about Tori too ... it is the most glaringly out-of-place omission.

Probably could've put it in the revival thread, too. ;)

Ugh ... I hate when very specific stuff like this gets buried in a larger thread. That revival thread was about the announcement that the BSG 'mates were coming back. Since then we've seen 1 wave released. And then another. People get sick of checking in on a thread because they think there isn't new info. I did think about putting it there, but wanted to make sure that people got to see this (since it is new info).

I find this both hilarious and infuriating. I guess we'll see how widespread it is.

I went to my TRU by work, and all they had is two Tigh/Sixes. Now they have one. I asked if they had more in the back, and they said their inventory shows the wave at -3 quantity.

Edited by RSIxidor

I emailed DST about the lack of footwear & they were succinct & to the point in their reply.........

" As usual you are talking.... 'cobblers' "

Unusually they mentioned that the 'Six' character in the TRU Wave is officially known as 6WGS ....'Six ,wide ,gusset side' & she is available in white,black or brown.

I emailed DST about the lack of footwear & they were succinct & to the point in their reply.........

" As usual you are talking.... 'cobblers' "

Unusually they mentioned that the 'Six' character in the TRU Wave is officially known as 6WGS ....'Six ,wide ,gusset side' & she is available in white,black or brown.

I think someone is taking on his Mr Humpreys role with a little too much vigor!

T.

Remember when everyone had to sacrifice their Kobol Sixes to gt bare feet? Now we've got 3 options in one wave!

Know what I miss? Party Girls. They aren't making them like they used to. Apparently all our joking led to an increase in underwear production. Shame, now nude mates are just as hard to make, but not because of the feet. ;)

Know what I miss? Party Girls. They aren't making them like they used to. Apparently all our joking led to an increase in underwear production. Shame, now nude mates are just as hard to make, but not because of the feet. ;)

... Are you serious? :lol:

Well, we still got some nude mates. Remember Weapon X Wolverine?

:yucky:

... Are you serious? :lol:

Well, we still got some nude mates. Remember Weapon X Wolverine?

:yucky:

Valid point.

Hey, flesh ones are just all around easier to customize. It's not like I use them for dirty purposes. I still want a flesh colored blank.

I just received the last of my set from TRU and overall I'm extremely pleased to (nearly) complete my collection. However, along with the "missing shoes" on the ladies, I noticed that Tigh is missing his wings (the pin over the chest-pocket). What gives with all of these paint app. short-cuts? The same tampo would have been used on all of the shoes (which had been used in other lines before), and they improved the shoulder patch and added the collar pins (which previous uniforms were missing) but forgot the most obvious of fleet insignias...the wings! :blink:

*Don't know if this has been mentioned elsewhere, but I just noticed that the new feet are slightly thinner than the ones previously used giving the newer BSG 'mates a shorter stature (I'll be swapping these out with my fleet's ladies to off-set the big hair).

Edited by cdubya

My Tigh is also missing his wings. And to top it all off, he's shorter than the first Tigh. I did the obsessive piece-by-piece comparison, and it's his feet. They are a little shorter than Two-Eye Tigh's feet.

EDIT: I'm kind of relieved I wasn't the only one to notice the short feet.

Edited by Turtle

Anyway, here's a lovely QC issue to add to the bunch. My Captivity Six is very distraught over this wardrobe malfunction.

Any other 'mate might be bothered by this, but Six? Nah.

So, is Tory's hair a new sculpt? Because I sure like it.

I just got Six and Tory and they are shoeless. Looking at the back of the box, however, it appears that they're feet should have black lines at the bottom, indicating I guess some kind of sandal. I'm guessing they decided this was an okay thing to cut (along with Tigh's wings. Which I'm actually more upset about).

So . . . yeah, I'm a little confused as to what DST actually said in that one guy's post that I don't feel like going to the first page right now to see what his name was or quote it. So what did they actually say?