UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Post Kang

Jatta Pake

As a long time minimates collector, I remember not too long ago being part of the MAKE THOR! movement. We seemed to be getting Spider-man after Spider-man without love for the Norse god. Our petitions were finally heard by DST and in August 2007 and we got Thor. We immediately began a movement of MAKE DEADPOOL!

DST announced Deadpool in 2008 and yesterday our dreams came true. We got Deadpool. But as soon as Deadpool was announced, a new movement arose calling DST to MAKE KANG! So by all accounts, we should now expect Kang to be announced in 2010 and released in August 2011.

That got me thinking. Who do we want after we get Kang? Who should be the next most requested figure for August 2013? Thoughts, ideas?

I am here to start the MAKE TOAD! movement.

• He was on the original Minimates poster and the ONLY figure not yet announced.
  • He was an original X-men villain.
  • My Magneto needs a sniveling sidekick.

MAKE TOAD!

Edited by Jatta Pake

Toad's not interesting enough to me; sorry, Jatta. I get the whole "completing the poster" thing, though. I'm still waiting for Mattel to complete the original Super Friend's Legion of Doom in DCUC...so i'd be with you in that aspect.

Me?? Well, obviously i'd say something obvious like Jean Grey variants, but we'll get most of them eventually, so i've got a new one for ya:

Make Hoverchair Professor X!!!!! Sure, we're getting closer to completing a 90s X-team, but Professor X's last update was the old blue-suit (and EXTREMELY LIMITED) Target figure. He needs an update, and this is one of his best, most iconic, classic looks. This is bound to change as time moves on, though. I have others lined up already!! XD

Make Ult. Carol Danvers!!

Make Ult. Hawkeye!! (non-black ops version)

Make Baron Zemo!!

Make "Energy Form" Beyonder!!

Make a Songbird/Swordsman 2-pack!!

Make AoA Sunfire!!

etc....

I have actually been thinking about this a lot lately.

I think we need to see the Falcon. He could come with a Cap America themed set, and if they work his wings right, they would have a mold for those (one or two) people who are desperate for a Stingray.

I say we petition to get the rest of th 90's X-Men:

Jim Lee Cyclops

Jim Lee Jean Grey

And that'd have been my choice if i wasn't SO SURE we'd get them VERY soon and i said i wouldn't say any Jeanies. But just add it to mine. Hell, we could start a whole list of 90s X-men "Makes":

Scott

Jean

Hoverchair Charlie

Jubilation Lee

Forge

Nathaniel Essex

Bishop (Hair+scarf)

Erik the Redd

Morph

Snowbird

Moira MacTaggart

Mystique (Updated)

Pyro

Avalanche

BIG Juggernaut

Blob

Holocaust

Hellfire Club

OMEGA RED!!!

There's a lot...too many to get into. <_<

I think we need to see the Falcon. He could come with a Cap America themed set, and if they work his wings right, they would have a mold for those (one or two) people who are desperate for a Stingray.

Seconded. SOOO much.

As far as "essential-ish Marvel characters I badly want Minimates of" are concerned, I would also like Banshee, Domino, Lilandra and Mockingbird. Everybody else on my list might be skirting the "essential" criterion too much. A Swordman/Songbird pack would be the cat's pajamas though (am I using that metaphor correctly?)

Darn it, I need to update my wish list again.

Should the Make Toad movement start I will be completely behind it. Though if it's replaced by a Make the Falcon movement I will aslo utterly support that. Both are great characters and both lead closer to completed teams. Falcon would be great in a "Death of Cap" boxset such as:

Falcon

The Winter Soldier

Crossbones

Doctor Faustus

or simply in a two pack with the Winter Soldier

And Toad would be a great co-sell to a Comic Blob or in a Brotherhood of Mutants set consisting of:

Magneto (With creepy blacked out face and seeing only eyes)

New Quicksilver

New Scarlet Witch

Toad.

Or replace that Magneto with Mastermind.

Either movement would be a great idea and I will support either or both shoulf they happen simultaneously. Though my primary attention would go to the Toad movement.

Should the Make Toad movement start I will be completely behind it. Though if it's replaced by a Make the Falcon movement I will aslo utterly support that. Both are great characters and both lead closer to completed teams. Falcon would be great in a "Death of Cap" boxset such as:

Falcon

The Winter Soldier

Crossbones

Doctor Faustus

And Toad would be a great co-sell to a Comic Blob or in a Brotherhood of Mutants set consisting of:

Magneto (With creepy blacked out face and seeing only eyes)

New Quicksilver

New Scarlet Witch

Toad.

Or replace that Magneto with Mastermind.

Either movement would be a great idea and I will support either or both shoulf they happen simultaneously. Though my primary attention would go to the Toad movement.

MAKE PYRO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Falcon

The Winter Soldier

Crossbones

Doctor Faustus

Ha, i've actually drawn up plans a while back for a Captain America: Reborn boxset. Let's face it; it IS something DST would have banked on. It included:

Falcon

"New" Girl-Bucky

James Barnes

Sharon Carter (as she appears in Reborn in that white suit and trenchoat look)

It'd get us 3 new characters, one of which who's incredibly demanded... :confused:

I think it's Brother Voodoo's time to shine! He's the current Sorcerer Supreme, you know.

Also a Morbius, the living vampire mate....in a Midnight Sons box set.

A Swordman/Songbird pack would be the cat's pajamas though (am I using that metaphor correctly?)

You are using that correctly...or cat's meow.

I have a friend from ireland who says, "thats the dogs bollocks."

And to keep on topic, i think Banshee and Mockingbird would be perfect.

Yes!, Man-Thing is prob. my number one want right now. (Next to he who shall not be named).

The Midnight Sons are so incredibly awesome, we need them!

Man-Thing

Morbius

Werewolf by Night

Hellstom or Jennifer Kale

Another huge want for me is Machine Man. Pack him with Jocasta!

Unless you can't tell, I thought MZ 3 and 4 was the highlight of the entire series. ;)

EDIT: Shit. This is turning into a WISHLIST THREAD!!!!!!!

Edited by the punisher=D

I thought we settled this... Mimic. We want Mimic.