UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Hunt Contest Chat Thread!

TBT!

I missed the final entry over the weekend. Very nice Bob. The one, true Kang. It was hard to stifle my laughter when I came across the offer photo. The alternate DP mask makes for so many great shots. The portrait is inspired.

The word balloons are great and bring so many more opportunities for humor. If this contest does see a fourth year, I think you'll have some imitators. :)

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I missed the final entry over the weekend. Very nice Bob. The one, true Kang. It was hard to stifle my laughter when I came across the offer photo. The alternate DP mask makes for so many great shots. The portrait is inspired.

The word balloons are great and bring so many more opportunities for humor. If this contest does see a fourth year, I think you'll have some imitators. :)

Thanks Ivan. I was unsure, so I asked TBT if changing the masks during the Hunt would be OK since I thought it would give my idea more, erm, laughter. And the word balloons were both, a continuity of my little avatar joke and an attempt to make the best of my very little equipment here. Glad you like it! And the imitators are welcome since we all know who's the original, right? :P

I live in a mining town so we went up to one of the overlooks and shot down into one of the dozen pits around. That one wasn't even the deepest one we could have gone to, but the other one is closed off becuase every October some moron goes up there and invariably drives a car off of it.

Many, many years ago I remember a friendly argument with some friends in a pub over why '3M' was called '3M'!!!!

Nobody knew .....nobody in the whole (packed) pub knew....nobody except .......me :D

So here we are in the middle of the 'Hunt' thread ....& you 'live in a mining town' in Minnesota.

I love this place.

Nice to see my fellow-European "uber alles"....nice one Bob ;)

first i wanted to congratulate my other competitors it was super fun hunt this year.

Next i wanted the thank everyone for there kind words. Ivan, God Magnus, cappy and Bob Harris, that really means a lot.

thanks to cappy for getting my reference I did not think it would be that hard to figure out (?)

i have been really busy but am really looking forward to sitting down and going through everyone's pictures instead of just glancing through

Many, many years ago I remember a friendly argument with some friends in a pub over why '3M' was called '3M'!!!!

Nobody knew .....nobody in the whole (packed) pub knew....nobody except .......me :D

So here we are in the middle of the 'Hunt' thread ....& you 'live in a mining town' in Minnesota.

I love this place.

I'm not sure what you're implying about me, but I too love this place. It's a culture that, honestly, in my life equates to just me. No one really gets it. They play along and humor me, but that's just not the same. Though a friend of mine actually probably would get into minimate collecting, if he didn't like buying guns and booze so much. Kind of a stereotypical thing to say, but it's true.

Speaking of 3M, I ran out of post-its a couple days ago and keep forgetting to get more. I think I might have to go do that now.

I was relating to the irony that you live in a mining town in Minnesota. I live in the UK & know nothing of Minnesota except that the Minnesota Mining & Manufacturing (3M)is probably :D based there . I'm just fascinated with the diversity of this place ;)

Yeah, I got that. I'm just screwing around. I don't really take things serious. But yeah, I have been to the 3M headquarters down in southern Minnesota when I lived in Minneapolis. The place is nowhere near mining areas, of course. Huge and an incredibly empty gigantic parking lot. It's just kind of off in the middle of nowhere on the side of a highway. This place is pretty awesome. I'm glad I found it.

(Sorry to take so long to post the rest of these.)

Thoughts for day three:

Cappy: You'd think the galleries would include an option to sort by filename, rather than just date taken, wouldn't you? Going through the pictures in order and getting the proper storyline was certainly rewarding, though. I see Kang managed to sneak an appearance in, as well as getting another good protest letter. Things I really liked here were: the Art Asylum (con booth?), the disco floor, the way the Battle Beast costume was integrated into the story, the "Missing" notice in the dessert picture helping advance the plot, and the bombermate factory. I'm also very amused by the sign at your museum! And at last we know where the Ark of the Covenant went.

GodMagnus: "Defying gravity" made me laugh a lot. I liked your take on The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly! The dashboard idea is done well again for your "Very Fast" - did you have a story prepared in case you got pulled over? (How about you, Mattallica?) The alien abduction was nicely done - loved the "yoink!", and I thought your "Size Does Not Matter" was brilliant! :D Egon's body language in the Art Asylum pic is priceless.

Blacksun1520: Your photos comprise an intersting mix of the good, the disturbing, and the funny (there's a film title in that somewhere). The good: the fabulous hair salon, the halloween party backdrop for the Battle Beast costume, the lighting on the librarian picture, the chase scene for "Very Fast", the cylon/skrull identification chart, and Size Doesn't Matter. Having your 'mate as one of the Ghostbusters for the flaming Staypuft was a nice touch, and you had another good disco floor. The disturbing: the two Art Asylum pics, and the Disney zombie (which was a little *too* disturbing for my liking). The funny: The evil lair (which also made me think of Invader Zim) The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, and the Henchmen participating in "Jazzercise". The dragonfly pic is incredible, "Flirting" is very sweet indeed!

I'm getting a very strange impression of TBT! from all this.

Day four:

vbpanizzi: Well... I like most of these, you've done some very nice stuff with your pirate theme. I guess the standouts are: preparing (that's quite a box of bits!), the Battle Beast, celebrating (I love that one of the monkeys is wearing the mask!), the rowboat at the waterfall, a great unique, the museum (no, don't touch that!), the goth girl, and your interpretation of the Art Asylum. Your choice of restaurant was a great way to stick with your theme, the librarian idea was a very good one, and the disco made me laugh a lot! :D

Maxcarnage: Oooh, you made a very evil-looking evil lair! Also an excellent (if slightly freaky) abducted by aliens, another disturbing Disney zombie, and another good but strange Art Asylum. I also liked the Battle Beast(s), the pirates, the very nice shot you got for your unique, and the tiny bowl for Mr. White in the restaurant. Great choice of museum! I think you've also found the most enthusiastic librarian yet.

Day five:

Bob Harris: Ah, what can I say? Your avatar's making me laugh in pretty much every picture. Great work on all the comments and various signs. Extra-special mentions for the pirates, the Kang and Rob Leifield signs, the Prison/Photo ministory, your Staypuft model, the glider for "Very Fast", and my favourite offer of the contest!

Congratulations to Bob for winning (I hope you're not going to be in too much trouble with Deadpool after all this), and to the rest of my fellow competitors, I think you all turned out some great work. Many thanks as well to all those who made this year's Hunt possible - I had a lot of fun, and really hope that it won't be the last.

Outtakes time!

Man, now I really wish I could've used that disco set-up again.

I got my prize today! Evidently, the US Postal Service decided that it would look better with crushed feet. Can't quite say I agree with them.

Owchies.

Congrats again to Bob, maxcarnage and vbpanizzi on their big wins :)

Got my GB blank a couple days ago. Big bad thanks to The Man of the hour! The tower of power! TBT!! Let's hear it for him!

*silence*

Well, awesome anyways. Thanks a lot. The new GB guy and my FCBD guy from last year do nothing but sit around and sing ebony and ivory all day. Is that weird? I think it is. At least they're both singing in tune.

Well, awesome anyways. Thanks a lot. The new GB guy and my FCBD guy from last year do nothing but sit around and sing ebony and ivory all day. Is that weird? I think it is. At least they're both singing in tune.

And perfect harmony... perhaps you should put them side by side on your keyboard... oh lord... shut up T... Doo doo do doo de doo do dooo!

Glad to see most of these are getting there intact, sorry ot hear your was all messed up GM :(

T.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm happy to report that I just got my prize safe and sound* today too. He is just the cutest :D Thanks again Tim!

_______

*Oddly the bubble mailer on mine looks like it got stepped on too :blink: The blank's still in good shape thankfully.