UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Hunt Contest Chat Thread!

TBT!

Tim I am genuinely regretting not getting my ass into gear with this but alas I'm not in. I once organised a tiny little contest here & have some conception of how much time something like this must take ....I hope everyone here entering (or not) does. No excuses from me & my loss but I am labouring with my dumb-ass idea for a Price Guide &, from the interest I'm getting, I think I should have started a thread about "why DST never included a katana with my Deadpool" which seems far more interesting by the look of things :D

No worries Rob, it seems it's not just you almost everyone else giving it a pass this year :(

So far I have a total of 8 entries & to be honest after the initial excitement ( mostly by those who haven't entered) this has been nowhere near as successful as previous years, I suspect this contest will not be happening next year because it's more effort than the support justifies.

T.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far I have a total of 8 entries & to be honest after the initial excitement ( mostly by those who haven't entered) this has been nowhere near as successful as previous years, I suspect this contest will not be happening next year because it's more effort than the support justifies.

T.

I was affraid to hear that, but expected you to at least consider it, T. That's really sad, but understandable.

Edited by Bob Harris

T, please don't give up on us! :D

I really had fun last year, and the year before that. I would have had fun this year, but school and extra curricular activities are dominating my life right now.

Maybe the whole problem was timing. Maybe If the contest was started in August, or even the first week in September, more people would have had time more time?

s Rob, it seems it's not just you almost everyone else giving it a pass this year :(

T.

NOoooooooooo say it is not so. I love this contest and look forward to it every year. Just hold out for my pictures! Just have to resize them...

I agree with Punisher. If this were done more in the summer months, I think more people might have participated. I know it was tough for me to find time to get it all done with school and the kids. If it weren't for not having a job, there's probably little chance I would have had time to complete everything. Anyway, I hope by next year you reconsider, as this is a blast and I love to see the photos other people take. Thanks for taking the time to put this together, I know it must be a lot of work.

BS

For those saying "more in the summer months", the contest has historically taken place in the quite time after comic con for two reasons, the first being the vacuum of worthwhile info/threads that happen just after SDCC and secondly that's usually where we get most of our blanks/prizes from!

This year neither Shane nor I went to SDCC so didn't get to gather prizes(which is often a chore in and of itself) at the show. So for this to happen I had to spend some time and effort sweet talking DST into sending me stuff to giveaway which didn't happen overnight.

As I said I'm not upset, really not even surprised, every year the turnout gets smaller and I just think that after this year it's time to quit.

T.

T.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! :sad:

I'm genuinely sad to hear this might be the last Hunt T. I joined the Multiverse right after last year's, and needless to say the lingering euphoria from that Hunt made me excited to join this year's. I really had fun too, school be damned don't listen to everything I say kids, School is cool! :P

Maybe somebody can take over for you next year? Or how about conducting the Hunt on a smaller scale?

Has anybody figured out the identity of my partner yet? :lol:

Eh? I thought your buddy was Hawk of Fate? Do you mean who lives beneath the mask? Hmmmm. I think it's Barbara Gordon. :)

edit: Or the Wolverine who went missing! That would explain many things.

So, I guess the Hawk of Fate backstory brings us back to the tragic origins of Michail Stiglitz who is better known as the Eye of Suffering, since after he accidently turning into one of the most terrifying villains in the world, his wife Sophie, knowing his secret, disguised as the well known superhero known as the Hawk of Fate, fighting -

and in a very breathtaking and moving scene finally killing

- her own husband! Japp, that's the story, right?

All pretty amazing guesses... though not quite what I originally intended. :lol:

(And Bob, that's not the story you submitted for Luke's contest, is it?)

Perhaps some better hints might pop up once my Hunt contest pictures go public, but for now maybe I'd release just one teensy clue to the Hawk's origin:

th_DSC04308.jpg

What the hell is a Disney Zombie?

My interpretation:

Remember the old "Marvel Zombie" joke about Marvel comics fans? Well, now that "Disney owns Marvel" they all officially become Disney zombies now

Okay, if the entries are officially closed, I can now ask: What the hell is a Disney Zombie? I had to Google that, and even then the results were inconclusive.

Yep as the others have said it was a spin on the disney taking over marvel thing, I actually envisioned a rotting bloody mickeymouse when I set it!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

So I have entries from the following:

Blacksun1520

Bob Harris

Cappy

Dio

EMP

Geohound

Godmagnus

Groundhog

Ivan

Mattalica

Maxcarnage

Northraider

VBpanizzi

Good to see some new members in that list as well as hunt contest veterans!

I will try to get the results back to you guys asap but obviously the whole process takes a little time!

T.

My interpretation:

Remember the old "Marvel Zombie" joke about Marvel comics fans? Well, now that "Disney owns Marvel" they all officially become Disney zombies now

Yup Thats what I took from it too, a Fanboy, but i went with something a bit different My son dressed up as Mickey but with a decaying skull for a face. :D

Edited by Mattallica

Hey Tim is it cool if we show off the unused pictures from the hunt? I know we did last year but I think we still waited a little, didn't know if you would care.

I'd prefer to wait til judging is over, for the same reasons I ask people not to post until we can show all the pix at once for maximum wow factor.

I will make sure judging etc is done this week.

T.

I had an idea to cause you more work, Tim. :) How about parsing out the entry reveals over the course of a week? Maybe two or three per day to give everybody a moment in the spotlight and stretch it out a bit. Similar to how DST teases us with new Minimates. :)

Just an idea.

Woo! My Entries Made it. I hope this isn't the last time this is done. I had a lot of fun doing this. I don't even care if I win anything, it was just a blast to go out and do all of this stuff. Just awesome fun.

Thanks for doing this, T. If this dies now, only just after I have found it, I will be sad, but fear not, for you will always be awesome for throwing this whole internet mess hunt fun time party together.

Edited by The Geohound

My interpretation:

joke?

i went to dollar store and bought a Donald Duck toy then had him killed within range of the t-virus, duh.

I had an idea to cause you more work, Tim. :) How about parsing out the entry reveals over the course of a week? Maybe two or three per day to give everybody a moment in the spotlight and stretch it out a bit. Similar to how DST teases us with new Minimates. :)

Just an idea.

:thumbsup:

Great idea!

Come on T!, you know you're bored and want to do it!

Thread revive powers, activate! :sorcerer:

Everything okay, TBT? How's the judging going? Anyone go into a blank, catatonic state yet?

(Can anyone tell I'm excited to see the results wacky pictures? :sweat:)

Hey Folks!

Everythings fine!

Judging is going ok, it's a slow process because I can only do a couple of peoples entries at a time or I get comparison burnout and the fun/freshness of each set gets worse as I see more, which isn't fair on those who are later!

Also I have a couple of people/judges that I like/need to get second opinions from on some of the images and they aren't always available 24-7!

I'm however hoping to wrap it up at the weekend and let you know who is the winner etc.

I do like Ivans idea of dripfeeding you the entries to let everyone have a little time in the sun and if that's what people want I can do that, of course it means some folks pix will be shown later than others and I'm pretty sure all that entered want your pix up asap? Thoughts?

T.