UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Hunt Contest Chat Thread!

TBT!

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just panicked for a moment: The deadline ends tomorrow at midnight, that's Sunday 11:59pm EST, right? Not this night, like, in an hour, right? RIGHT? :blink:

Yep there seems to be some confusion over the exact expiry so here's the official take!

I define 12 midnight on the third as Sunday evening!

T.

I was worried I wouldn't be able to complete the challanges this year as I've been sick for almost three weeks now. However, Mini Magnus and I have just two more pics to take and I can start organizing and get them sent in tomorrow. A few of them are kind of half-assed but there are some that I'm very proud of.

I just panicked for a moment: The deadline ends tomorrow at midnight, that's Sunday 11:59pm EST, right? Not this night, like, in an hour, right? RIGHT? :blink:

Yep there seems to be some confusion over the exact expiry so here's the official take!

T.

But isn't Saturday the 3rd?

T.

But isn't Saturday the 3rd?

Yep...

So I screwed up!

Seeing as some of you are behind on picture taking lets say Sunday night is the cutoff.

T.

Woohoo! That's it, I'm done and everything is submitted. (Right T?)

My biggest respect to Greyhound for managing to take all the pics in just four days!

However, I'm really looking forward to see all of your stuff!

:thumbsup:

Edited by Bob Harris

i am have HUGE problems with emailing the pictures what should i do

i have try 2 different emails 3 different ways and they all keep bouncing back

You can try a couple of things:

1. re-size them
  2. send them in smaller batches, maybe 2-5 per email. Just make sure you label them all clearly for the judges. I recommend indicating which challenges appear where in the title line to make it easier for them to keep track of your multiple emails :)
  3. put them in a zip folder, like Luke did in the last Hunt. (Doesn't guarantee them all fitting into one email though <_<)

While waiting for the other contestants to file in, maybe we can pass some time around here with a mini-game:

Has anybody figured out the identity of my partner yet? :lol:

I sent mine in a photobucket album, but linked each individual just in case.

This is news to me!

I am actively discouraging people from going the photobucket route as it takes far to long to download the images so I can put them in a common gallery!

I also really don't want to have to go all over the internet looking for peoples entries...

If people are having email issues let me know and we can work out a plan 'b'

T.

Seeing as some of you are behind on picture taking lets say Sunday night is the cutoff.

Whaaa?! And here I was sweating the deadline on Saturday!

Well, I do work best against a deadline. And now I've got my Sunday free. Yay! Now I have all this time to clean up the house (there seem to be photo shoot disasters in every room) and general time to play around. Speaking of which:

Eh? I thought your buddy was Hawk of Fate? Do you mean who lives beneath the mask? Hmmmm. I think it's Barbara Gordon. :)

edit: Or the Wolverine who went missing! That would explain many things.

Edited by Cappy

YEP FOLKS TODAY IS THE LAST DAY TO ENTER THE CONTEST!!

T.

p.s. Some great photo's so far and it's going to be hard to seperate the guys at the top but not as many entries as I'd hoped for and less than previous years :(

i am have HUGE problems with emailing the pictures what should i do

i have try 2 different emails 3 different ways and they all keep bouncing back

I guess resizing them is a good idea and you can do it with most freeware or preinstalled programms in case you're not into picturedesigningstuff. I used 800x600 px and all pics fit into one email. A little bigger would be nice, but I guess for my pics it works good with recognizing the details.

While waiting for the other contestants to file in, maybe we can pass some time around here with a mini-game:

That's a good idea, especially since it will take some days for the judges to come up with the results. (But maybe there will be Noodle Incident(?) storys just as last year...)

So, I guess the Hawk of Fate backstory brings us back to the tragic origins of Michail Stiglitz who is better known as the Eye of Suffering, since after he accidently turning into one of the most terrifying villains in the world, his wife Sophie, knowing his secret, disguised as the well known superhero known as the Hawk of Fate, fighting -

and in a very breathtaking and moving scene finally killing

- her own husband! Japp, that's the story, right?

I shall never forget ....er..what'shisname..who helped me a couple of years back send my files . I had taken all the pics & then panicked because I couldn't send them....send a few at a time in batches came the PM reply. That worked just fine.

Bhm never forgets a friend....whoever you were :ermm:

vbpanizzi............... :D Cheers Brian

I shall never forget ....er..what'shisname..who helped me a couple of years back send my files . I had taken all the pics & then panicked because I couldn't send them....send a few at a time in batches came the PM reply. That worked just fine.

Bhm never forgets a friend....whoever you were :ermm:

vbpanizzi............... :D Cheers Brian

And who is helping you send your entries for this year?

T.

So, what's the best way to re-size pics? My e-mail won't send a lot of big sized stuff and the only way I know is really complicated (becasue I have no idea what I'm doing).

If you don't have any program like Photoshop or Gimp you can easily use Windows Paint (Of course I have the German version, so I don't know exactly what the functions are called in English): Open your file, select "image" or "picture" and you should be able to select something like "change size", second from top. There you can change the pic's size by just typing in a new percentage. Try something. You can check the actuall pixel size by checking "attribute". Like I said, 800/600 is okay I guess. Hope this helps.

Tim I am genuinely regretting not getting my ass into gear with this but alas I'm not in. I once organised a tiny little contest here & have some conception of how much time something like this must take ....I hope everyone here entering (or not) does. No excuses from me & my loss but I am labouring with my dumb-ass idea for a Price Guide &, from the interest I'm getting, I think I should have started a thread about "why DST never included a katana with my Deadpool" which seems far more interesting by the look of things :D