UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Hunt Contest Chat Thread!

TBT!

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I know T! and I don't like it... <_<

However, how are you all doing on those challenges? Has anybody already finished all of those pics? Do you have problems with particular challenges? I'm just curious. I finished about half of the pics yet and I hope to get at least 25 of them. For now, I really have no idea were I got me a sports team for #28... :(

I've got 5 challenges left to go, then I'll be ready to send in my pics :)

For now, I really have no idea were I got me a sports team for #28... :(

Same <_< Though I've already got an idea on how to improvise this one, my execution is the iffy part.

as much as it hurts me to say,i wont participate! :( damn you school!damn you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You said you already had a good half of the pics, so maybe you could come up with this ones. You don't have to be in it for the winning, but for the fun. ;)

There are a good dozen of people still in it, right? I hope you people who already took a few pics and decided to stop will still upload those. I bet some of these are pretty nice and funny, and sharing and talking about those pics is half the fun, right?

Done!

Wow! Congrats to you NR! I'm really looking forward to see all of those pics. My problem right now is, that I don't have my usual equippment here with me, so I have to be creative with what I got and improvize a lot of things. But I still love the hunt!

Bob is right, if you have done some of the contest and cannot finish, it will still likely be worth your time sending in what you have done.

Either everyone is keeping quiet until the last minute or the turnout for this year is going to be pretty low and historically almost all entries have gotten prizes or some sort or another.

T.

Either everyone is keeping quiet until the last minute or the turnout for this year is going to be pretty low and historically almost all entries have gotten prizes or some sort or another.

T.

I don't hope so. If everybody who showed up and mentioned to paticipate - and even already displayed his/her Hunt Buddy - and didn't officially withdrawn, we'll see at least pics by 13 or 14 members. Plus the sorry-not-finished ones. (But maybe I'm too enthusiastic on this one...) On the other hand: bigger chance to make the jackpot! :P

I finished picture 4 today. For some reason, having a new baby around hunt time really makes it hard to make soem time.

Why weren't there a bunch of pictures that needed a Minimate with dirty diapers or burp cloths?

I can think of 5, maybe 6 challenges your Hunt buddy can manage by just teaming up with your son! :D

Edited by Bob Harris

Oh man, I just found out about this site yesterday, and this contest today. I am so going to try to be in, unless there's something I need to do before hand. I've already gotten a start, but this short amount of days is going to make it tough. But I'm still going for it. Also, can I email my entry pictures in one zip file (assuming it's small enough) or do they all need to go individually, because that could take a couple of emails.

Oh man, I just found out about this site yesterday, and this contest today. I am so going to try to be in, unless there's something I need to do before hand. I've already gotten a start, but this short amount of days is going to make it tough. But I'm still going for it. Also, can I email my entry pictures in one zip file (assuming it's small enough) or do they all need to go individually, because that could take a couple of emails.

Bummer on finding out late! Well better late than never ;)

Zipped in one email is fine!

It's definitely worth trying to do as many as you can because it's looking like all those thatr complete a sizeable percentage of the entries will win something!

oh and Welcome to the forums :)

T.

Welcome to the Multiverse Geohound! :)

Oh, and unless your pics are small or few enough, zipping them all into one single folder isn't going to work <_<

@ Bob

You have no idea how excited I am to browse the pictures coming out of this Hunt :D I tried my best to come up with some good/original/hilarious interpretations for the challenges, so I'm really looking forward to seeing how everybody else did theirs. And the temptation to post teensy teasers from my own photos is overwhelmingly tempting, but all I can say is that my entries have basically turned into one long succession of odd noodle implements ;)

Edited by NorthRaider

Welcome to the Multiverse Geohound! :)

Oh, and unless your pics are small or few enough, zipping them all into one single folder isn't going to work <_<

@ Bob

You have no idea how excited I am to browse the pictures coming out of this Hunt :D I tried my best to come up with some good/original/hilarious interpretations for the challenges, so I'm really looking forward to seeing how everybody else did theirs. And the temptation to post teensy teasers from my own photos is overwhelmingly tempting, but all I can say is that my entries have basically turned into one long succession of odd noodle implements ;)

I bet not spoiling your entries must be hard fro you guys!

Actually NR, I'm surprised you managed to get than many topless dancers riding on giant flamingos into one shot! ( challenge #16)

T.

Well..... hhmm.....what really is there to say, I'm out.

I have had absolutely no time to myself to do this contest, no thoughts or ideas for any of the challenges and a bunch of life crap creep up out of no where.......all of which just took away all of my motivation.

As great a contest this is and with absolutely superb prizes......I have to pass this time around.

Have Fun Guys!!

I am caught in a puzzlement. Do I spend another night trying to fix my tripod head? Or do to I bite the bullet and buy another one and use the time to take photos?

When I set my camera up at a certain angle the ball head would loose its grip and drop toward the ground. It would happen slowly and not cause any damage. But to capture Boris's glow I need long exposures and streaky shots are not acceptable.

So my ego said to me, "You can fix that, just get in there and tighten up the tension. Easy peasy." Springs in tight spaces make for all sorts of projectile fun. After hunting down all the fiddly bits (hopefully), I set about assembling a puzzle for which I had no guide. Tiny, greasy, spring-loaded parts take a while to coax into place.

Last night, at my moment of triumph, I spin that last hex screw into place and... nothing. Actually less grip than before. Then I see it, that tiny little grease coated bearing. Little bastard. I think I know where it's supposed to go, but what if I don't? Part of me loves the challenge, wants to see this to the end, wants to fix what is broken. The more practical part of me says cut your loses, go buy a new one, even if you do fix it that head isn't strong enough for your bigger lenses.

Woe is me. :D

That's it. I'm out!

No more Mr. Niceguy for me. That little "Hunt buddy" is a pain in the...! He is rude, unthankful and not very cooperative! And it's not a secret anymore: we are not made to be a team! And I even bought him an apple-pie!

OK, old man. Calm down! There are ten more pics

to take, so pull yourself together! Next challenge:

Act like TBT!, right? So, who is this guy?

... Well, I do have an idea...

Oh I am in. I was out yesterday doing all sorts of batty fun things with my hunt buddy. The problems I'm facing are that, 1) I've been here for 3 days and knowing anything about TBT! is, well, practially impossible, but I may have a way around it. And 2) The nearest TRU from where I live is 250 miles out. But I may have a way around that too. Also there are no Goth Girls in my town. None. Actually kinda makes me sad. I also learned through that my librarians are not exactly fond of being taken pictures of. Shame really. But That's all I will say. I have to admit though, the last couple of days have been more fun than I've had in a while. It's too bad it's gotten so damn windy and cold here. Oh well, I shall work around it.

And thanks for the welcomes. I will see you all around.

And meet my hunt buddy. He refuses to tell me his name until we finish this contest. Fate has thrown us together.

post-3289-1254408461_thumb.jpg

Edited by The Geohound