UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

I guess an introduction is overdue...

Hello, just wanted to introduce myself after a long time as a fly on the wall. I'm a collector whose minimate addiction started two years ago during a vacation. Not being a beach person and bored in the hotel room early in the morning, I searched the yellow pages and found the nearest comic book shop to visit. A Spider-Man 5-pack and a Cyclops/Emma Frost 2-pack later...the story is all too familiar.

"Thank you"s go out to all the contributing board members and staffers, who have made this hobby all the more enjoyable with their insight and good humor. Thanks to the customizers and designers who have never failed to impress me with their talent and imagination.

Thanks to everybody on this board who have welcomed me in the past after some quick posts. As my wife said after months of observing me frequenting the boards and reading the messages, "It's a positive community, isn't it?"

"Yes" I replied. I hope to contribute every now and then as opportunities arise.

I also extend my official letter of greetings to you, good sir! Thanks for joining up :)

So I have that crucible, the second in a day, for you. The T42 MOVIE CHALLENGE!

I quote a movie, you name the movie I quoted.

"Whoa you stepped in a big pile of Dog Shit!"

"It happens."

Forrest Gump.

Hee.

"It happens."

This is clearly

Bambi

I was going to say Lady and the Tramp but thought "Why would it be a big deal to them?" So I guess Forrest Gump, being my second choice, is my final answer. I hope that quote is not indicative of my choice to participate in this forum. Thanks.

"It happens."

This is clearly

Bambi

I was going to say Lady and the Tramp but thought "Why would it be a big deal to them?" So I guess Forrest Gump, being my second choice, is my final answer. I hope that quote is not indicative of my choice to participate in this forum. Thanks.

Yep. Forrest Gump. Way to go dude!

Thanks to those who responded since my last post. That is a cool "action"-icon, kurtman.

Nessex, I agree that the Spider-man 5-pack was a good first set. I was aware of Minimates years prior to that though. I've seen the TRU 5-packs and Giant Sized X-Men sets at discounted prices and was tempted to buy them. Unfortunately, back then I was hunting for Transformers Alternators and didn't have room in the budget. D'oh! Selling off those robots did help me acquire those older minimates, so it all worked out in the end.

Salamat, NR (for the welcome and the movie quote hint).

Edited by LDroome