UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

I just spent $600 dollars on two minimates....

l..................that you got a minimate that very little people have. Congrats.

I'm 6' 2"!

Way To Bend People's Words around. That's Actually, very funny. I seriously hadn't notice that. B)

l..................that you got a minimate that very little people have. Congrats.

I'm 6' 2"!

I thought people shrink as they get older?!? How tall were you before?

I was in fact 6'3" up until 1988 when I crashed my car & spent 3 months in traction in hospital. I had a compound fracture of my left leg & kneecap which resulted in me losing an inch in height . Strangely enough by the time I was forty I had regained the missing inch but recent measurings have indicated that it has mysteriously gone missing.... yet again. My left leg is one & a half inches shorter than my right leg if that is relevant......is any of that relevant ?:biggrin:

Is that clear!

I bet ol' Rodimus doesn't open them ;) Part of me can't blame him & part of me wants to laugh out loud at the irony of toy-collecting :lol:

...and that kids is what made Minimadman feel like the biggest asshole on the internet.

Edited by minimadman

Don't open them I want to know that in a couple of years when I can scrape together some cash that there will still be some gold and silver Spideys in there bags.

As far as spending that much at once: I've never done it in one day but, I'm sure I spent close to that in a week when I first started collecting minimates. I remember searching for stores that had minimates, when I found one I would clean them out.

Edited by wallbreaker2.0

Just like most people in this post I can agree on the fact that I never spent that much money on minimates or even on my other hobby of 1/6th scale figures. But if I did have money I'd probably be running around with a 1/6th scale Batmobile from Hot Toys. Great news that you completed your minimate collection. And I wouldn't open them either. Earlier in this post, it was mentioned that some don't have the Santa Spidey. Who here has one and how much did you get it for? If no one minds me asking of course.

Edited by rx78jj

I can't remember now how much I spent on my gold & silver Spideys, (although at the time I swore I'd remember forever)! I got them separately, so I got the thrill of obtaining an exclusive/elusive 'mate twice ;)

I've had the same dillemma re: to open/display, not to open/display, and so far they are still in the safe (haha, no money in my safe, but the two 'mates are there)! Since I bought them for my son when he was still too young to care about his collection, I decided it was not my decision to make, so I'll be waiting until he's old enough to choose whether or not to break the seals & display them.

I'm playing catch-up right now with our collection, since I've been in grad. school the past 2 years & didn't have any 'mate money. Unfortunately, my new degree is in education, so I still won't have any money to speak of; Good thing I got those gold & silver Spideys when I did!

:) I'll be frequenting the new 'Luke's Toy Store' until I get all caught up again :) And there's always the buy/sell board...here I come!

To answer your question .....No...... I rarely spend very much on Minimates at all.

I lied ...........I spend far too much on Minimates & I can fully understand the $600 spent on 2 of the rarest Minimates ever made ! The choice of opening my Gold & Silver 'mates was easy & never regretted .....I do however keep them (like everything else in my collection) carefully stored until I decide to take a photo of them . I have never had the guts however to pose the loose ones or even attempt to move their joints. It has to be said that apart from their rarity/value they are NOT my favourite Minimates, even-less my favourite Spider-Man Minimate....Black Symbiote takes the crown for both. Regarding rarity .....I've NEVER seen a Shopko Spidey on ebay......... OK its only a packaging variant but it was the last ,generally issued ,packaging Minimate variant to enter my collection!

My continuing hope is that Minimates will never go the way of Looney-koobs where individual chase/secret figures are regularly commanding $200-300 which is obscene.

rx78jj.......Santa -Spidey was my first Minimate & still commands $20 + on ebay ,rarely less ......... & my last Minimate will be the SDCC 2003 Yellow Blank which still gives me sleepless nights :unsure:

Well I received the silver and gold spidey yesterday. To tell the truth I am relieved, because I was a little skeptical buying from a brand new ebay seller. But I can now say that the listing was dead on and these guys are great. I have to agree that these are definitely not my favorite mates. That distinction goes to torment spider-man and the two war machines ( however I have a feeling that the new deadpool might possibly be the new king in a few days).

But It is very gratifying to know that I have two very rare figures, and from a little research it appears that I actually got a very good deal. I have decided to leave them in their packaging, as I can see them fine and quite honestly would be afraid to do much more than look at them. Anyway here are a couple of pics.

post-3062-1251454382_thumb.jpg

post-3062-1251454388_thumb.jpg

post-3062-1251454393_thumb.jpg

post-3062-1251454397_thumb.jpg

Edited by rodimus147

But I can now say that the listing was dead on and these guys are great. I have to agree that these are definitely not my favorite mates.

Hey that's great to hear, I'm glad it worked out for you.

Enjoy the warm cosy glow of having something that very few have.

T.

First of all congrats to Rodimus. Yes it's a lot of cash but if I had it spare I'd have snarfed up those bad boys in a heartbeat. It's a win/win situation too. If you ever start to feel any kind of guilt about owning them you can move them on for a profit.

In answer to Hulk197's query, I've a Santa Spidey, he's very nice and cost me $25.00 about 3-4 years ago. I believe I bought it from our very own mini-venom and it came with the postcard too. :) It's not outragously rare but it's mine and I like it. :D

In answer to Hulk197's query, I've a Santa Spidey, he's very nice and cost me $25.00 about 3-4 years ago. I believe I bought it from our very own mini-venom and it came with the postcard too. :) It's not outragously rare but it's mine and I like it. :D

Wasn't my question, I think it was rx87... whatever's question. But thanks for the input. I had a few free Santa Spideys when he first came out, then sold them. Recently bought another for about $20.

• 2 weeks later...

This has been a great thread. Congrats on the Silver & Gold (I think U2 wrote a great song about those two minis)

"a prize fighter in a corner is told... hit where it hurts.. Silver & Gold.."

I have to comment on the side discussions in this thread.. you guys are hilarious. This is a dangerous place to visit while at work and trying to keep a low profile.

Edited by The Vox