UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

wave 27 (or is it 28?) shipping this week.

maxcarnage

Not even out of his packaging 5 minutes and Deadpool is making friends fast in the minimate universe.

deadpool.jpg

Here's a tip for army builders: If you have any spare skrull heads from the Secret Invasion boxed set, stick'em on your spare skrull bodies and you've got a whole new minimate.

That's hilarious!! If there's one thing i LOVE about this Deadpool is that DST changed the mask and made that eye bigger and more "fun" Deadpool-y-ish. :)

And I'm glad to know that i'm not the only one that thought of this when buying my 3 Skrulls. :yes:

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks MINI_MYTE, I got a good giggle out of that pic. :lol:

IMO though it might be a bazillion times funnier if the rest of the Marvel Universe was chasing after him too... If I were part of the X-Men I would've DEFINITELY wanted vindication over the atrocities DP committed... in that Marvel Girl outfit :P

Not even out of his packaging 5 minutes and Deadpool is making friends fast in the minimate universe.

deadpool.jpg

Here's a tip for army builders: If you have any spare skrull heads from the Secret Invasion boxed set, stick'em on your spare skrull bodies and you've got a whole new minimate.

epic!!, I love it!! this is now my new psp background!

Great pic MiniMyte! Really cool! And I'm happy to look for a cool comic shop around here to get my own Deadpool in the next days! Maybe I should check that Jim Hanley's Universe shop NNY was talking about and have a closer look on NR's question on the girl's fangirl skills. ;)

A testament to quality control.

Today I phoned my LCBS and they had got Wave 28 in. I got there and they pulled 3 boxes that they had been holding for me. I got home and, as usual, gingerly opened up each box. I noticed right away that Gambit was missing his silver staff! No big deal, these things happen. I took the figures back and did a straight up exchange for a new Gambit box. Thinking everything was taken care of I sat down once more to enjoy my new toys. Then, I noticed that my Wolverine was blind! He had no eyes painted onto his mask (see picture). I drove to the LCBS again (that's 3 times for you playing at home) and again did a straight up exchange for another set.

What's going on with the quality control? Judging from the photos of Wave 27 I've seen in other threads (poor paint jobs and whatnot) and the two flubs I had today it seems like less care is being taken by the quality control crew in picking out some of these inconvenient mishaps. Up until today I never had a problem with new Minimates. Has anyone else seen an increase in these issues?

But, all things worked out in the end and I am very satisfied with this wave. Gambit, Sabretooth, and Deadpool are all great.

Edited by shanezey

Man... this Deadpool minimate is great fun. Here are some more highjinx of our merc with a mouth in a photoshoot with his movie counterpart. What does comic book Deadpool think of movie Deadpool? See for yourself.

th_02.jpg

th_04.jpg

th_06.jpg

th_09.jpg

th_10.jpg

Nice... just nice, nice work on both.

Now I sit... and wait... and wait... and wait... sometimes, being a cheapskate on shipping can bite you on the bum, ya know? Darn slow moving pile-o-loot!

Edited by Mirymate

Woot! I went to the LCS today and there was a line to get this wave! :blink: Okay, there was one other person there, and he was a fellow Multiverser, so it was all cool. I had to make sure I gots my Deadpool!

Man, I just got home from work too, it was a 13 hour day. These minimates have been the lone brightspot so far.

These pics are amazing, MiniMyte! You should really opene a photoshoot thread on your own! I especially love the way you used the two different face expressions Bob Harris' avatar Deadpool comes with! Very cool. (Although I guess good ol' Deadpool isn't pissed off that much by Ryan Reynolds role as he might be by Baraka...)

And brobotc, for the maskless merch just browse a few pages back. ;)

Looking back at the control art:

http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/index.ph...ost&p=85005

there should be black rectangles on Deadpool's shoulders. Can this be fixed with a sharpie? It's also here on DST's website:

http://www.diamondselecttoys.com/store/pro...821/001_big.jpg

It's not that I'm unhappy with Deadpool, I couldn't be more grateful. But just a couple more details and he's perfect XD

Edited by Dio

I collect only BSG Minimates, but I was wondering about Marvel Minimates. For wave 27, will Toys R Us carry these? Or is it LCS only?

Mostly just LCS, it looks like the Ironman/Hulk pack will be i the next TRU wave though.

T.

My comic shop called the Diamond rep (not DST but DCD, well not DC Direct but Diamond Comic Distributors) about not getting wave 27 and apparently the rep doesn't think that it shipped out to anybody at all, even though 28 is already out. Of course we all know that the eastern (and then some) folks of the US got them.

So something happened out here in the western states but nobody knows what yet. Or those who do know are still trying to cover their tracks. My LCS will keep me posted on this minimates soap opera. Either way, I'll probably get it faster from Luke's Toy Store (shameless plug :thumbsup: ). I was planning to get a 2nd full set anyway. If only there was some merc who happens to have a mouth that I could hire to get to the bottom of this... :confused:

My comic shop called the Diamond rep (not DST but DCD, well not DC Direct but Diamond Comic Distributors) about not getting wave 27 and apparently the rep doesn't think that it shipped out to anybody at all, even though 28 is already out. Of course we all know that the eastern (and then some) folks of the US got them.

my LCS owner put in another request for 27 he did not realize that 28 shippped and not 27 but he is working on it. in the mean time at least i have deadpool :wub:

Man... this Deadpool minimate is great fun. Here are some more highjinx of our merc with a mouth in a photoshoot with his movie counterpart. What does comic book Deadpool think of movie Deadpool? See for yourself.

th_02.jpg

th_04.jpg

th_06.jpg

th_09.jpg

th_10.jpg

That is all kinds of fantastic. Kudos to you sir. KUDOS!