UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Handful of Heroes

so i was walking through K-mart toy aisles tonight(yeah i lead an incredibly cool life)

and i spotted this weird little pack of brightly colored marvel figures. they are called "handful of heroes" and are much like the M.U.S.C.L.E. figures(all be it a tad smaller) of my youth so i had get a couple packs just to see(like i need more things to collect) kind of expensive at $5 for a pack of 8 (7 regular and 1 "hidden" ) of these lil' guys but.......

i actually got two hidden guys in one pack so i currently have 17 of these things.

if anyone wants to trades duplicates id be interested.

currently i have doubles of Cyclops and Magneto

here is the complete list of 40 different figures( some characters appear in more than one pose and there are some odd character chioces included X-Ray from the U Foes?????? each are said to come in 3 colors

Cyclops

Nick Fury

Beast

Hawkeye

Doc Ock

Green Goblin

Dr. Doom

Mandarin

Black Panther

War machine

Venom

Nightcrawler

Iron Man mk 1

Wolverine

Thing

Sabertooth

Classic Hulk

Abomination

world war hulk

gladiator hulk

Magneto

Colossus

Dead pool

Angel

Iron Man

Spider Man (crawling)

Classic Iron man

Spider man (standing)

Captain America

Spider Man (standing 2)

Astonishing Wolverine

Classic Wolverine

Rhino

Absorbing Man

Iron Clad

Armageddon

Red Hulk

Juggernaut

Hulkbuster Iron Man

X-Ray

post-189-1250301462_thumb.jpg

post-189-1250301477_thumb.jpg

post-189-1250301489_thumb.jpg

post-189-1250301500_thumb.jpg

Funny to see this post.

I was looking at these at toyfair and sort of forgot about them!

Can you share more on quality and character likeness?

I might have to pick some up If they end up in stores I visit!

T.

Those look like gumball machine toys!

Funny you say that, because one of the initial draws of Minimates to me, was that they seemed like a very high quality gumball machine toy. I thought that was neat.

I had a bunch of M.U.S.C.L.E. figures as a kid, but never cared too much for them. I guess these could tap into the market of people who are nostalgic for little green army men.

Edited by karamazov80

Funny to see this post.

I was looking at these at toyfair and sort of forgot about them!

Can you share more on quality and character likeness?

I might have to pick some up If they end up in stores I visit!

T.

Ill do my best

they seem to fall between 1.5" - 1.75" tall depending on character and pose

they make me think of the pieces from the "Marvel Heroscape"board game but are larger(see pic below) but about that same consistancy of plastic.

post-189-1250345206_thumb.jpg

Likenesses seem good and there is some nice detail, these could easily be painted up like metal miniatures for D&D and such and would look pretty nice, overall i like them and may look to pick up a few more packs to get favorite characters, thats another good thing the characters are easily(except the hidden one of course) identified while in the package so you can get ones you like or color. -M

post-189-1250345219_thumb.jpg

post-189-1250345231_thumb.jpg

They look like perfect "trip toys" to me. You know, something you can let the kids play with in the back seat without having to fish tiny accessories from between the seats? (minimates are really bad trip toys)

Might pick a couple of those up.

They look like perfect "trip toys" to me. You know, something you can let the kids play with in the back seat without having to fish tiny accessories from between the seats? (minimates are really bad trip toys)

Lol, I know what you're saying. I used to open up minimates in the car, then I lost Lobo's foot, Archangel's head, and Bullseye's batons. Then I spend like an hour trying to get them, and I never do. :P

I saw these last night at Walmart. Completely unimpressed, but it's cool that some of you are digging them.

It's a Dad thing for me. The collector in me would probably pass. As the father of two burgeoning collectors, they look like something fun that both the 3 and 8 year olds could find interesting.

I saw these too and the only thing that turned me off was that they are solid colors. I had MUSCLE as a kid (and still have some of my favorite ones from my childhood) and the one thing I didn't like about those was that they were all solid colors.

My mates all used to collect somethign similar as kids that were (i think) called Pocket Monsters. They were neon/day-glo coloured little figures made froma soft plastic (or a firm rubber). They were all classic mythological beasts & monsters like the WoldMan, Medusa, Zombies etc. . . .

post-2737-1250460583_thumb.jpg

Ah - i have just looked them up. They were called 'Monsters in my Pocket'. I think they might have had different 'rarities'. Anyway - i thought they were kind of kool, but never got into them for the same reason Gambitron is turned off by these - the solid colour. I might have been a bit too old for them when they came out (i was around 11), and by that stage i was buying fully decorated toys like the articulated X-Men and Animated Spiderman lines.

These are pretty cute for younger collectors, but i'm gonna pass.

• 1 month later...