UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Series 27 is coming soon!

HRGMann

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got my in stock notice as well from BBTS. They got the last waves of marvel minimates in early too, if I remember correctly.

I wonder if DST is shipping them stuff early as some sort of "bonus" for their orders or if BBTS is using a faster shipping service than other places.

I got my notice too but am going to torture myself and wait for wave 28 to show up so I can't save on shipping. This is somewhat frustrating considering when wave 28 was announced it was slated to be with wave 25 and although I like the Wolverine Origins wave I am still mad that this wave got pushed back. It should have been wave 27 since it was announced before this wave, I would much rather have wave 28 right now but oh well new minimates is always good.

This is somewhat frustrating considering when wave 28 was announced it was slated to be with wave 25 and although I like the Wolverine Origins wave I am still mad that this wave got pushed back. It should have been wave 27 since it was announced before this wave, I would much rather have wave 28 right now but oh well new minimates is always good.

If we're going to be real nitpicky about the wave order we "should have" gotten, then the Deadpool wave should've been Wave 26, the Origins wave 27 and (please don't kill me for this) the Ultimates 28 since they were technically the most recently-announced of the three.

Personally though I don't blame DST for them trying to "save the best for last": even without the pre-Kang Multiverse clamor there had been for a Deadpool/Gambit/etc. minimate they would've been the most sought-after characters for any random Marvel/X-Men fan to get. DST was probably going for the strategy of trying to build up consumer interest first (with the somewhat "underwhelming" Origins wave coming first), and then just raking the delirious-with-anticipation casual Minimate buyers in once the comic wave rolls around.

Because let's face it: even without us hardcore 'mate collectors here, I bet that wave would have been plastic gold for DST anyway.

[/devil's advocate]

I called my lcs today and they said they were not getting any mates in. Then because they are awesome he checked

Dimonds list for this and said they were not on that list either ( as if they forgot to order them)

Nope no sign of them, at least at lcs. He said maybe next week and that they did order two set. I am unsure if that means the two waves or two of each set. Oh well.

Man this is killing my wallet. Also i recieved an email saying that the boxed set with Ares is ready to ship, but i think that i'm gonna save it until some other stuff comes out from my pile of loot. Great stuff though. Question, who else loves Ultimate Iron Man? I do. Also they should make even more armors!!!!!

I just got the notice that Series 27 has shipped. My wallet could use a break, too. I think the first step is admitting that I have a "problem".

I only read the first 2 Ultimates series, and don't remember if Ultimate War Machine appeared in the second series. Is the armor close enough to Ultimate Iron Man's to maybe do a repaint exclusive (TRU, AFX... Luke's Toy Store)?

I only read the first 2 Ultimates series, and don't remember if Ultimate War Machine appeared in the second series. Is the armor close enough to Ultimate Iron Man's to maybe do a repaint exclusive (TRU, AFX... Luke's Toy Store)?

The Ultimate War Machine from the Ultimate Iron Man series is basically a repaint of the Iron Man armor. Ultimate War Machine from the Ultimate Avengers 2 animated movie is basically a repaint of the regular War Machine armor.

I'm not sure, but I don't think that War Machine has shown up in the regular Ultimate Universe yet (Ultimate Iron Man is an origin story, so it doesn't take place in the present day Ultimate U).

My LCS is getting these in tomorrow. And, being in the Midwest, I have typically been a week behind in getting my mates in the past. They are always nice to hold a full set for me, no matter when they come in.

First one to post pics gets a shiny gold star! ;)

To be on the cautious side, here's an advanced list of QC issues anyone who has these on hand might wanna look into:

-Does Cap's mask fit nicely? Is it too loose (like the wave 16 hairpieces) or too tight (like Heroes boxset Cap's mask <_<)?

-Is the handle on Thor's hammer just right or too thick? Does it outstretch the hands a bit?

-Iron Man's mask is a solid piece, right? What if the face plate comes off like on the movie armors? What about his detachable battery/goo pack? How well does it stay on his back?

-Hulk's hair... how well does it stay on?

And of course the usual: paint apps, missing accessories, problematic limbs, weird sculpting, last-minute part changes... just thought I'd pose this public service to make the "wave-waiting" less mind-numbing :P

First one to post pics gets a shiny gold star! ;)

To be on the cautious side, here's an advanced list of QC issues anyone who has these on hand might wanna look into:

-Does Cap's mask fit nicely? Is it too loose (like the wave 16 hairpieces) or too tight (like Heroes boxset Cap's mask <_<)?

-Is the handle on Thor's hammer just right or too thick? Does it outstretch the hands a bit?

-Iron Man's mask is a solid piece, right? What if the face plate comes off like on the movie armors? What about his detachable battery/goo pack? How well does it stay on his back?

-Hulk's hair... how well does it stay on?

And of course the usual: paint apps, missing accessories, problematic limbs, weird sculpting, last-minute part changes... just thought I'd pose this public service to make the "wave-waiting" less mind-numbing :P

One should also look to make sure Hulk has the correct hands. Specialized hands and feet tend to get doubled sometimes.

Does anybody who ordered online have these in their possesion? If no, will it be up to me to take pics of this wave when I get mine tommorow? Sigh... if I must. :rolleyes:

Edited by MINI_MYTE

Does anybody who ordered online have these in their possesion? If no, will it be up to me to take pics of this wave when I get mine tommorow? Sigh... if I must. :rolleyes:

If you don't want to that much, i usually go to my shop early...i can't guarantee the superb quality of your pics, Mini Myte, but i do have a new camera, so i can get some okay ones...

Yea, sure, i'll try to get the first ones up. Let's see, fronts, backs, alternate views (such as unarmored or other hair)...did i miss anything??