UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wolverine moviemates wave 2

MINI_MYTE

I'll never admit to saying this, but... I can understand a Spider-Man in every wave, but Wolvie doesn't seem to sell quite so well. Wolverine packs are about all that's left at my TRU, also. (Of course, putting Spidey in a Wolverine movie wave is a challenge, but surely Chuck is up for the challenge!)

I have posted this before, but I think there isn't so much an over-estimation of Wolverine's popularity, so much as an over-estimation of the popularity of boring Logan version of Wolverine. Give him an exciting outfit and, preferably, a mask, and he will probably sell quite well. Spidey is almost always wearing his mask when released, and he has a very cool outfit that is usually only tweaked a bit. Visually, I don't mind buying more Spideys because they always stand out in my collection and look great, but how many Logans wearing a jacket or wife-beater can one man need?

I'll probably pass on both of these sets.

I agree... when will we see Logan in his Fang (Shi'ar Imperial Guard) outfit?

Though I hope they do his hands more justice than the prototype did. The cutoff Wolverine hand is just a little... wrong for him.

Seconded - let's hope we're getting a long flat, sword-like blade from each arm, rather than a middle-claw on each hand!

I was under the impression that the Angel & Warpath figures would be included in this wave, but i guess they were just displayed NEXT to the W:O minimates at SDCC. Shame we aren't getting a Kestrel. Barakapool looks kinda cool at least.

Is it over estimation of Wolverine's popularity (which if you based that solely on the number of places he is appearing, must be higher than ever) as mush as an over estimation on the number of kids who would actually be seeing the movie. Like Dark Knight, I don't know how many kids will see the movie until it comes out on dvd. It wasn't overly violent or intense, but just speaking for my kids, we decided my kids would "handle it" better if they watche d it in the safety of home than the hugeness of the theater. I am guessing I'm not alone in that. So it's hard to get a lot of kids' interest in a movie they haven't seen (just ask Mattel). That leaves just us "kids at heart" to snap them up. If I were DST/TRU, I'd wait till closer to the dvd release to put these out. But then, they don't generally ask my opinion. (Else Chuck would have heard of Kang months ago)

Edited by Mirymate

Looks like the wave will include:
  • battle damaged Wolverine & Gambit (new)
  • Logan & Sabretooth (re-release)
  • special ops Wolverine & Deadpool (re-release)
  • origins Wolverine & Agent Zero (re-release)
  • WWII Wolverine & final battle Deadpool (new)

So just for the record there are only 2 completely new packages & the others are identical (as far as we know) to what we've had ?

If you ask me, TRU should just make the 2 new packs available on their website and free up the pegs at the stores for mates that are sure to move better. Seriously... who in their right mind is going to buy Wolverine moviemates they already have?

• 1 month later...

Couldn't find Gambit. Yet, hopefully. :(

Question: why did the movie's biggest mistake turn out to be a d@mn cool Minimate?

I am loving Weapon XI (I refuse to call him "DP")!!

I may even make him a different character, and add him to the same shelf the actual Deadpool is on! :P

Edited by TENIME_art

Well with a Deadpool movie on the way, I think the working title is "the Appology", you may get your wish.

The movie's problem, among many, is two fold- Wolverine's origin is not as neat and tidy as most other heroes, it's a long winding, long winded tale that literally spans decades. There was little way going in to retell it and it not turn in to a mess. I think for the most part, like right up till the third act, they were doing an okay job with what they had to work with. But that's where 3/4 of the X-films have fallen apart haven't they? Which leads to the second thing: I had no problem with Weapon XI, the idea that Stryker would create an amalgam of his team X was in some ways a logical step. Except they tried to say that was Deadpool. And that totally threw me out of the movie. There were other things that could have been done better, and avoided all togeher (the pointless mutie cameos for one), but for me those are the two main sticking points.

The sequel, with it's smaller by nature plot, aught to be a much tighter movie. For those who don't know, they're adapting Miller's Wolverine mini-series. You know, the one that was mostly Logan vrs Hand Ninjas. They'll have to work to screw that up. (not that I don't have faith that they can't)