UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

SuperHero Squad Cartoon

MiniFiend UK

Ok I wanted to dislike this alot a super cutsey kids cartoon based on Superhero Squad but after watching it two or three times I willing to give this ago. Its airing on Cartoon Network sometime in the fall with I think 26 episodes ordered. I'll just have to wait for it to make its way to Kids TV in UK a few months after that like Spectacular Spidey & Wolverine X-men etc.

Here's the trailer.

http://link.brightcove.com/services/player...tid=31395044001

No idea on who the animal man was but I was glad to see The Falcon.

Another thought I had is that AA/DST should use any success this cartoon may have with TRU and more Heroes/Villains boxsets. The target market is what they are aiming for age range wise and I can quite see parents buying a boxset featuring characters from this series either by mistake and mixing brands up, or just on the passing and it will keep the kids happy.

Just looking at that trailer there's enough heroes to cover a boxset that weren't in the first one.

Ironman

Thor

Silver Surfer

Falcon

Ms Marvel

Fantastic Four (I would dig a Translucent Human Torch with the 4 logo on chest like the SHS one)

Storm

There was probably more but cant remember.

Edited by MiniFiend UK

• 1 month later...

I watched two episodes with my sons(2 and 8) they really liked it, I found it entertaining enough, only complaint is the way Captain America( my Fav. Hero forever) is portrayed as a somewhat senile old guy at times :(.

oh and the guy that changes various body parts to those of dinosaurs is a Latino kid named Reptile (pronounced rep-teal-ey)

I just started the Pilot episode on YouTube, and am rather enjoying it...it's kinda corny and quirky, but it's meant to be a kids show after all. It kinda feels like a much more toned-down Brave and the Bold, which is brilliant in itself.

I can say one thing, though: Ms. Marvel is voiced by Grey Delisle!!! She's one of my favorite voice actresses, and has done pretty much every comic-inspired Television Show, so i can already tell i'll be liking this. :lol:

(bursting from a restroom, newspaper in hand) "Who Dares Disturb DOOM!"

"See Hulk, it doesn't always matters who's the biggest and the strongest."-Wolverine

"SEZ WHO!!"-Hulk and he throws Wolverine into a building

"By Balder's Manly Earlobes!!"

Sorry. They mixed the silly kinda-kiddieness of the series with just enough sarcasm that I found it hysterical. And my boys absolutely loved it.

Edited by Mirymate

Ditto. My 9 year olds and 2 year old re-watched them again a couple times this weekend and I didn't mind. Of course, they've got a lot of the SHS figures so they were already into the style. I think this show pushed my 2 year old into being a die-hard comic fan. Since we watched the first episode, all he has talked about is Iron Man and Hulk. We even bought a new Hulk because he couldn't find his other one and I was tired of looking for it.

• 2 weeks later...

The guy with the M on his head and anouncing he is going to open the gate in episode 1 i cant be the only who reckonized his voice :blink:

http://marvel.com/videos/921.The_Super_Her..._Show_Episode_1

throught all four episodes wolverine has not said bub once.

Edited by Scorpion

The guy with the M on his head and anouncing he is going to open the gate in episode 1 i cant be the only who reckonized his voice :blink:

http://marvel.com/videos/921.The_Super_Her..._Show_Episode_1

throught all four episodes wplverine has not said bub once.

What, you didn't think Stan wouldn't make an appearance in a Marvel show, did you?? It's noticable as soon as he says "My Friends..."

I'm sure any Marvel fan knows who the Mayor is; i find it a tad ironic at the fact that The Man is playing the Mayor of Super Hero City, though. ;)

Heh, my 8 year old recognised Stan in both voice and "face".

Which I have to say makes me somehow very, very proud.

And the show continues not to disappoint. Including today's Asmodeus Choe sneak in. Klaw, the Melter, Screaming Mimi... yeah it was a good day.

Edited by Mirymate

• 2 weeks later...

Just found out that all the SHS episodes can be viewed online at http://superherosquad.marvel.com/videos/ They work for me and I'm outside the USA so I think it should work for all.

I've been watching them with my nephew who is staying for the week with his mum and its been a great excuse for me to watch cartoons. I'm actually enjoying this SHS cartoon the sarcasm between characters and the amount of Guest heroes does it for me.

I've seen like two episodes, and It's great. Kids can finally be able to name most of the superheroes that are not big names. Though it's not as good as brave and the bold, another show on CN that helps kids learn about the other none big names in the Dc universe, I know I learned about a bunch of new characters. CN, you may not have some cool original shows like in the 90's, but you do have some wicked superhero shows!