UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Classic X-Men and X-Factor boxsets!

Chronotrigger

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Green, I think?

And the Silver Age Jean hairpiece looks like a reuse of Sand Saref's from the Spirit boxset. The X-Factor Jean is using Jewel's hair from Secret Invasion.

Edited by NorthRaider

Yeah - i thought they were meant to be green too!

Well - the 'Sand' hair looks pretty nice on FA Jean. It's a pretty nice sculpt. i Never bought the spirit 'Mates, so i didn't recognize the piece.

So do Hank and Warren (in his own little pack) get niffty hair pieces too? Or are they left out again?

I'm undecided about these sets. Iceman is one of the few X-Men, I don't have. I never liked his original "snowman" look so that makes me lean towards the X-Factor set, but although I collected X-Factor in the eighties, the first appearance set as a whole seems nicer to me. I probably won't decide until the last minute.

:D god i cant wait for these i hope that with all these x-men mates upcoming they dont forget about the villains like you guys were talking about mimic would be awsome this would be my line up for a brotherhood set(the same way there formating the x-factor&fa sets)

It just occurred to me, if these sets do well they probably won't look to villains for the next sets (since we're not that lucky), but rather other hero teams. And who has gone strangely missing from recent waves?

The Fantastic Four!

It almost makes two much sense:

"Powered Down" Set:

-Lab Coat Reed (Labreed!! with test tubes)

-Ben Grimm (fresh off loosing the Secret Wars poll!)

-Sue Storm (with an extra set of those 'half-phased' limbs they so love, and a clear shield)

-Johnny Storm (also with extra half-phased limbs and probably fire hair, fire hands, flight stand)

"Powered Up" Set:

-Mr. Fantastic (with bendy limbs)

-The Thing (probably with duck feet now)

-Invisible Woman (with extra reversed half-phased limbs!)

-The Human Torch (also with extra reversed half-phased limbs! and all the stuff Johnny had)

BONUS THRID SET!!!

Since there are people out there who want the Team in "Blue/Black" and people out there who want the team in "Blue/White" A third set will take Sue and Johnny from the powered down set, and Thing and Mr. Fantastic from the Powered Up Set and release them in the opposite team color!!! However to maximize sales potential this won't be a "matching set" no, no, see the "Powered Up" set contains the Blue/Black costumes and "Powered Down" contains the Blue/White outfits... the only way to complete a team in matching blue uniforms is to buy at least 2 sets. (and Lab Reed/Inivisibe Woman and Ben/Torch with alternate colored belt/gloves/boots will be TRU 2-packs down the road incase you want every possible team combination in both uniform schemes)

the classic set is a definately yes for me. not knowing the series/era, or liking the costumes, i'd been considering the x-factor one for the updated iceman (lose the belt) and possibly a civilian scott. having seen that supposed upodate, with the X on iceman, thats a pass from me.

but yes... that classic set, a long time want.... horrah

:D god i cant wait for these i hope that with all these x-men mates upcoming they dont forget about the villains like you guys were talking about mimic would be awsome this would be my line up for a brotherhood set(the same way there formating the x-factor&fa sets)

It just occurred to me, if these sets do well they probably won't look to villains for the next sets (since we're not that lucky), but rather other hero teams. And who has gone strangely missing from recent waves?

The Fantastic Four!

It almost makes two much sense:

"Powered Down" Set:

-Lab Coat Reed (Labreed!! with test tubes)

-Ben Grimm (fresh off loosing the Secret Wars poll!)

-Sue Storm (with an extra set of those 'half-phased' limbs they so love, and a clear shield)

-Johnny Storm (also with extra half-phased limbs and probably fire hair, fire hands, flight stand)

"Powered Up" Set:

-Mr. Fantastic (with bendy limbs)

-The Thing (probably with duck feet now)

-Invisible Woman (with extra reversed half-phased limbs!)

-The Human Torch (also with extra reversed half-phased limbs! and all the stuff Johnny had)

BONUS THRID SET!!!

Since there are people out there who want the Team in "Blue/Black" and people out there who want the team in "Blue/White" A third set will take Sue and Johnny from the powered down set, and Thing and Mr. Fantastic from the Powered Up Set and release them in the opposite team color!!! However to maximize sales potential this won't be a "matching set" no, no, see the "Powered Up" set contains the Blue/Black costumes and "Powered Down" contains the Blue/White outfits... the only way to complete a team in matching blue uniforms is to buy at least 2 sets. (and Lab Reed/Inivisibe Woman and Ben/Torch with alternate colored belt/gloves/boots will be TRU 2-packs down the road incase you want every possible team combination in both uniform schemes)

There already is a fantastic four boxset like your are describing been made. http://www.minimatedatabase.com/pack.php?i=123

There already is a fantastic four boxset like your are describing been made. http://www.minimatedatabase.com/pack.php?i=123

I'm pretty sure he means the "reverse" of the minimates you are implying in that link. So Sue would be invisible from head to waist and Johnny aflame head to waist as well. That's how his comment came across to me.

A couple more close up pics

http://shopafx.typepad.com/

Jeff of the Miniacs

Blast it all... I was planing to pass on that set. But I really like that Iceman the more I see of it. And I always liked those costumes... Blast it all...

• 1 month later...