UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Classic X-Men and X-Factor boxsets!

Chronotrigger

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both X Men and X Factor boxed sets are in this month's Previews!

So, would that mean that comic shops will be getting these? :blush:

Yep. No big surprise there. Whenever AFX doesn't sell out of an exclusive they offer to certain other MiniMates stores such as BBTS and Luke's. If they still don't sell out, they offer to Diamond and sometimes those orders could be allocated based on remaining stock. It's usually a waiting game and sometimes a risk, but usually they can turn up at comic book stores.

I wonder how long it will be before the Chicago Expo Iron Man 2 2-pack will be available through Diamond... That is a set I definately want, but won't be able to go to the expo for it.

• 1 month later...

Yep. No big surprise there. Whenever AFX doesn't sell out of an exclusive they offer to certain other MiniMates stores such as BBTS and Luke's. If they still don't sell out, they offer to Diamond and sometimes those orders could be allocated based on remaining stock. It's usually a waiting game and sometimes a risk, but usually they can turn up at comic book stores.

I wonder how long it will be before the Chicago Expo Iron Man 2 2-pack will be available through Diamond... That is a set I definately want, but won't be able to go to the expo for it.

C2E2 pack is in the April Previews, and I just noticed the Original X-Men 4-pack is NO LONGER available at afxpress.

.......... and I just noticed the Original X-Men 4-pack is NO LONGER available at afxpress.

..........but it is showing again elsewhere....ebay etc. I'm really surprised that AFX didn't just sell out their entire stock but I have to learn that what I love maybe other people just like...nobody can possibly dislike that set can they? I don't think that the Iceman is an improvement on any of the previous & the SA Angel fiasco may have affected sales but it was still a beauty in my eyes ! I reckon they should have made the Iceman the exclusive in the TRU sets & put Angel in as part of the box set ........

...and both X-sets are on my DCBS shipping list for this week, so looks like they'll be in LCS this week (or next - that was FAST)! Can't wait to get my hands on these!

i'd be nice if DST offered up a 2 pack at SDCC of both Angels to help everyone complete their sets.

I have both, but I SECOND that. There has to be enough floating around to make a 'Angel' 2-pack. I mean they released a Spiderman 3 preview pack.

Sweet! My LCS got both of these in and I nabbed them. I have been back and forth for a while now debating whether to throw down the shipping cost.. but I am glad I waited.

It is great to have all these clasic x-men and they look great with my corresponding Angels. I need to come up with a fun display.

side note: I didn't know Iceman was so powerful that he had to wear a belt to restrain his power.. cool little story on the box. :)

side note: I didn't know Iceman was so powerful that he had to wear a belt to restrain his power.. cool little story on the box. :)

Yeah. He is powerful. But that's not a normal thing for him. Basically somebody really decided to screw with him so they kinda sorta blew his power to insane proportions and then a belt was made that keeps him from killing everything ever.

For some reason I think it was the Enchantress who did this. But I'm also quite sure I'm completely wrong.

I think I read Loki somewhere.

I think that's correct. In fact - in the parallel universe that Mutant X was set in, i believe that Bobby never recovered from Loki messing with his powers and as a result was quite a bitter individual due to being permanently trapped in his ice-form & not being able to touch anyone without killing them. The series actually had some interesting takes on classic X-Men characters & history/mythology. Shame it turned into such a dud of a series so quickly.

Edited by Nessex

I picked up first appearance yesterday at LCS, but now I wish I grabbed the X-Factor too (eventho they look VERY similar). Another trip back today, hopefully it's still there, they only had 2 of each set! The sets really look great, I haven't taken em otta the box yet. But they really look amazing in the box haha I kind of feel bad about taking them out. In fact all of these box sets have such great artwork, I really like it, I always feel bad about taking them out of the box.

I also finally picked up a secret wars--I can't remember where I saw it, but people have complained about the green peeking over, for me though, isn't the whole point of this set to really have them have the skrull face? I already have 2 beasts myself, but now I can have a skrull beast! and another wolvie, do we really need another regular wolvie?--make him skrull wolvie, now ya got something!

Anyway, out of the 1st app and x-factor, I think I like 1st the best of the two--having them in the very first way they appeared is really impressive. The other ones are def cool, and have more detailing etc, but there is something to be said for simplicity of the original art.

I also finally picked up a secret wars--I can't remember where I saw it, but people have complained about the green peeking over, for me though, isn't the whole point of this set to really have them have the skrull face? I already have 2 beasts myself, but now I can have a skrull beast! and another wolvie, do we really need another regular wolvie?--make him skrull wolvie, now ya got something!

I don't really think so. It's more of a "gimmick" to me as each character is something we've never had before, making them more important to be the characters they are, and not skrulls.

• 1 month later...

I was lucky enough to score a X-Factor Angel at retail when he first hit. Now here I am several months later and I finally picked up the X-Factor and FA X-men box sets this weekend at Wizard World Philly. Now I need FA Angel. I only see 1 on eBay. Is he tough to find? I thought X-Factor Warren was the hard to find one... What gives?

The 'Angel' episode is well-documented but in a nutshell ..the SA Angel is the short-packed variant despite not having the word variant printed on its pack. The blue Angel is plentiful despite having the word 'variant' printed on its pack.

It's not impossible to get hold of yet but I have been dropping huge hints that it is dropping out of sight on ebay at a reasonable price.

The 'Angel' episode is well-documented but in a nutshell ..the SA Angel is the short-packed variant despite not having the word variant printed on its pack. The blue Angel is plentiful despite having the word 'variant' printed on its pack.

It's not impossible to get hold of yet but I have been dropping huge hints that it is dropping out of sight on ebay at a reasonable price.

Well then I better score one... Soon.

Finally got mine :D

DSC07395.jpg

I need to get that set... mostly because I have Silver Age Angel and really nothing to do with him except have an alternate head for my other Angel.

What you could do is plop him into a padded envelope and send him on to me so he can join the rest of his class in my display.