UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Classic X-Men and X-Factor boxsets!

Chronotrigger

Sam's picture of the X-Men brought a huge grin to my face & I just can't wait to get mine. I'm quite surprised how many of you guys (especially the younger guys ) here are really loving these bearing in mind how 'old' they might appear .

I'm not a fan of the X-Men, but I had to buy them too.

It may be because of the generic look to them, but i think they are by far, the classiest set of Minimates released to date.

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sam's picture of the X-Men brought a huge grin to my face & I just can't wait to get mine. I'm quite surprised how many of you guys (especially the younger guys ) here are really loving these bearing in mind how 'old' they might appear .

By 'younger guys' you mean those in their 30's, right? And I don't know why you're surprised people love these even though they appear older-we do tolerate love you around here. Weren't you born around the introduction of the X-Men? Or am I thinking the introduction of fire?

And thanks for the pics Sam. It reminds me of why I'll have a second set of these maskless soon.

Makes me wish I still had a place to display stuff. Those X-Men, Avengers boxed set with a Cap, AF Spidey... man those would look cool together. Almost makes a man want to track down a yellow Daredevil.

Almost.

Nice pics, Sam.

I'm 27, and while the 90's cartoon & Jim Lee comics were my introduction to the team, I became familiar with the Silver Age & Giant Size lineups before I even hit puberty.

Heck, I didn't even know about them being called "X-Factor" or having those uniforms until about 5 years ago, but I had learned about feathered Angel & furless Beast almost immediately after discovering their blue counterparts.

(I actually even kind of dislike that they were known as that. X-Factor will always be Havok & family to me. Even currently, Jamie & Guido are still representing.)

Weren't you born around the introduction of the X-Men? Or am I thinking the introduction of fire?

I think that I should have introduced 'fire' to a certain 'Blue Prof.X' prior to sending it :rolleyes:

I was 'introduced' to the X-Men in early 1967 when I was 12 years old. My world changed when I was introduced to a UK comic called 'Fantastic' which featured B & W reprints of US Marvels featuring Thor,Iron Man & ...The X-Men. I still have every issue. post-638-1264098677_thumb.jpg

drool2.gif

Man I really, really, Really hope someone get me that X-set for my birthday.

I'm only 26 but my favorite team of X-men is the originals. My introduction to the X-men was the comic series Professor X and the X-men, which was a wopping .99 cents. It did modern versions of the first 17 issues of the classic X-men comics. Someday I will get those comics custom hardbound. If you haven't read those comics you should, they are in the same vein as Untold Tales of Spiderman.

• 3 weeks later...
I didn't realize Angel used a gun! :unsure:

A mace wasn't avaiable that afternoon. <_<

That will always be one of my favorite covers. I never can decide what is my favorite part- Cyclops grabbing the mysterious force shield, Iceman's impossible curve ball, Angel's bazooka/metal rod/mace/whatever that is, Beast's conveniently placed trapeze, or Marvel Girl dancing?

Personally, that curve ball is the most impressive thing. He is throwing it one way, and it curves in the opposite direction, ultimately landing behind Mags! For a guy with no psycho-kinetic-type abilities, that's some impressive skills.

I do wonder what the heck Angel is hoping to do with that huge pipe, though. Magneto does control metal, after all, and that pipe doesn't look like it is PVC.

Edited by karamazov80

...For a guy with no psycho-kinetic-type abilities...

Man, it makes so much sense now. All of these years I thought Marvel Girl was just standing back there, but now I see that SHE is the one guiding no-eyes Iceman's snowballs. Team work.

Wow! I never really thought about it like you guys, I remember back in the day when Toy Biz still did marvel figures and they came up with this five pack of the original X-Men with the comic cover in question as the cover image for the box set. I never noticed all those irregularities. It is so true about Angel trying to throw a metal pipe weapon at Magneto, what was he thinking and Cyclops actually touching the force field. LOL. Damn. These things never clicked before. :biggrin:

Weren't you born around the introduction of the X-Men? Or am I thinking the introduction of fire?

I think that I should have introduced 'fire' to a certain 'Blue Prof.X' prior to sending it :rolleyes:

I was 'introduced' to the X-Men in early 1967 when I was 12 years old. My world changed when I was introduced to a UK comic called 'Fantastic' which featured B & W reprints of US Marvels featuring Thor,Iron Man & ...The X-Men. I still have every issue. post-638-1264098677_thumb.jpg

And I thought I was the oldest on the board. I honestly thought you were in your 20s.

Personally, that curve ball is the most impressive thing. He is throwing it one way, and it curves in the opposite direction, ultimately landing behind Mags! For a guy with no psycho-kinetic-type abilities, that's some impressive skills.

It's gotta be Marvel Girl redirecting Iceman's balls... err... snowballs that it, with her telekinesis.