UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Classic X-Men and X-Factor boxsets!

Chronotrigger

I was looking at the newly released pics and caught something that bothers me. In the promo shots the black mark by their neck works because it's supposed to represent the black/blue underneath where their neck sticks thru. The official ones have Cyclops and Angel looking right, but both Jean and Beast have a yellow line across their collars, making it look like they're just floating shirts. There's a disconnect.

Also on the X-Factor boxset, the X on on the promo goes all the way around the neck to the back, while they cheaped out and have it only pasted on in the front on the official releases.

See what I mean?

That is annoying... A little yellow paint will fix that right up though.

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mine are on the way-suppose to be here on the 15th too.

I still haven't received my email stating that these were in stock. I ordered them on 11/20.

-Follow up. I just received an email asking me to review my purchase. But I don't have them to review.

Edited by pioad

These sets keep looking better and better w/every pic (thanks for the pic, BTW). I placed my order on Tuesday but still haven't received shipping confirmation. Once before, by the time I got my tracking number, the UPS updates had it already listed as at the distribution center.

Edited by thatblockoguy

The regular hands look terrible on Beast! Maybe it wouldn't look so bad if he had flesh tone painted midway up his forearms. I think AA should have modified a 2.5" minimate's hand and combined it with a 2" minimate's hand peg. This way Beast would have the appearance of bigger hands and still be able to hold onto things.

I ordered my sets on the 9th and haven't gotten a shipping notice either. Hopefully, they have already been shipped and I just didn't get a shipping notice. It usually takes a full week or more to get orders from AFX, so I was hoping by ordering when they came in stock they would arrive pretty quickly.

Just in case something was wrong with my order, I sent them a follow up e-mail to see.

I am disappointed to see they didn't paint the tops of the torso pieces to match the tampo/paint on the front. Hopefully they will look OK in person. I also don't quite like the power fists with Beast or the duck feet. Hopefully, the BSG MM Wave 2 barefoot ladies skin tone will match so I can have a somewhat normal looking Beast.

UPDATE: Already got a response from AFX and sure enough, they had already shipped out on the 10th and are due on the 16th! Whoo-hoo!

Edited by 3Dean

Wow, those boots really add some height, don't they?

After seeing it in person (my sets showed up Saturday), I have to say: I'm not a fan of the visor on FA Cyclops. It seems really bulky, and I don't like how it wraps around the head (as opposed to how it sticks straight out with a flat front in the comics).

Just my two cents.