UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Classic X-Men and X-Factor boxsets!

Chronotrigger

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't someone say that the Silver Surfer comes with the flight stand, too? Plus, there are two different Slimer's with flight stands, though only one was clear, obviously.

So far, we've seen three flight stands:

Clear green Slimer > clear green stand

Solid green Slimer > clear stand

Silver Surfer > clear purple stand

So, unless you want some kind of magic or energy flight effect going on, the clear stand is your best bet.

Didn't someone say that the Silver Surfer comes with the flight stand, too? Plus, there are two different Slimer's with flight stands, though only one was clear, obviously.

So far, we've seen three flight stands:

Clear green Slimer > clear green stand

Solid green Slimer > clear stand

Silver Surfer > clear purple stand

So, unless you want some kind of magic or energy flight effect going on, the clear stand is your best bet.

Don't forget the Chef ghost from the GBs game set came with a clear fight stand as well.

They are up for pre-order from Toys R Us's website, though that doesn't necessarily mean anything.

Oh yeah, like I'm gonna try that again. No thanks. I like actually getting the things I preordered.

Toad, Pyro, Mastermind and Blob.

Mesmero, Mimic, Cobalt Man, Avalanche.

I'd need a Destiny minimate in one of those sets.

Maybe a Blob, Avalanche, Pyro, Destiny Freedom Force / Brotherhood set?

I know this question probably should be asked in the wave 31-32 thread, but since it concerns the SA X-Men I decided to post it here. I remember reading somewhere that DST/AA were making the SA Angel the main fig in the wave and the blue/white would now be the variant so that people could more easily complete their SA team, is this accurate? Thanks.

*Edit* Just saw the pics of 31/32 and it says variant on the blue/white. Happy now.

Edited by thatblockoguy

Oh man! The in stock shipping soon e-mail from AFX was the best e-mail I have received in a long time as it was so unexpected (this soon). I can't wait to get thes in my hands! Man the year of the minimate is going out in style with all the stuff released in November, these sets, and all the TRU stuff hitting shelves this year is going out with a bang!

One of these things is not like the others.

One of these things isn't the same.

One of these things is not like the others...

One of these things is not like the others.

One of these things isn't the same.

One of these things is not like the others...

Hmmm . . . well - Mimic & Cobalt Man are not mutants . . . but that's two things that don't match.

They have all been X-Men advisaries . . .

Mesmero is currently dead - does that make him the odd one out? What's the status of the others? I know Avalanche is alive.

I'm not sure if any of these guys has ever been in an incarnation of the Brotherhood apart from Avalanvhe . . . is HE the odd one out?

I was looking at the newly released pics and caught something that bothers me. In the promo shots the black mark by their neck works because it's supposed to represent the black/blue underneath where their neck sticks thru. The official ones have Cyclops and Angel looking right, but both Jean and Beast have a yellow line across their collars, making it look like they're just floating shirts. There's a disconnect.

Also on the X-Factor boxset, the X on on the promo goes all the way around the neck to the back, while they cheaped out and have it only pasted on in the front on the official releases.

See what I mean?

actionfigurexpress_2080_124115125.jpg

xmen1_group_masks_bluegrad.jpg

actionfigurexpress_2080_124515646.jpg

xfactor_minimates_group.jpg

Edited by Chronotrigger

Originally, I was going to say the last one: only Avalanche was actually a Brotherhood member. But I forgot Mimic has been in a couple, Prof. X's and one of Mystique's so forget I posted cause that's shot down. Teach me to realy on my memory when I'm this tired.

We could say Cobalt Man, since he's the only one who hasn't been on an evil mutant team.

(And he's dead too, Nitro + Cobalt Man = lots of dead people and the start of a Civil War)

I want Cobalt Man. He would be bad ass, especially with that extra skrull head i got from the Secret Invasion set.

Edited by rx78jj