UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Classic X-Men and X-Factor boxsets!

Chronotrigger

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quick question for the uber-nerds (coughMirycough) ;)

Wasn't Beast already furry by the time he showed up for X-Factor #1?

Not sure if I should be honored or offended... Ah well

Yes Beast was indeed furry in X-Factor-#1. He didn't get unfurry until issue #3ish, (collections not in front of me, he may have been de-furred over the course of 2 and 3) and I don't believe he wore that costume until #4. Also Jean's X-Factor #1 mask covered her whole head, much like her original X-Men costume. She didn't change masks until at least after issue #6.

But then, the X-Factor #7 boxed set doesn't have the same ring to it.

If anyone is interested in getting BOTH sets and would like to save a few bucks I am willing to order a larger quantity from AFX and ship them to you. I will place the order next Wednesday, November 25th, so let me know via PM before then. :)

If I were to order from you Luke, when would these puppies arrive (to me in hand)? In time for Christmas?

If anyone is interested in getting BOTH sets and would like to save a few bucks I am willing to order a larger quantity from AFX and ship them to you. I will place the order next Wednesday, November 25th, so let me know via PM before then. :)

If I were to order from you Luke, when would these puppies arrive (to me in hand)? In time for Christmas?

Its hard for me to say, as AFX doesn't give a shipping date for these. I can tell you that they will ship the next business day after I receive them.

These are falling in that "bad period" where my lovely and gracious wife bans me from buying stuff like this for myself as it's "too close to Christmas." However, it wouldn't be the first time I picked out my own Christmas present. so let me ask her if what she had in mind.

These are falling in that "bad period" where my lovely and gracious wife bans me from buying stuff like this for myself as it's "too close to Christmas." However, it wouldn't be the first time I picked out my own Christmas present. so let me ask her if what she had in mind.

Just print out Luke's post with his store address scrawled across the bottom. Then leave it laying around the kitchen. That's what I do... which reminds me, I've got some printing to do! :D

Just print out Luke's post with his store address scrawled across the bottom. Then leave it laying around the kitchen. That's what I do... which reminds me, I've got some printing to do! :D

Actually I told her that is she was planning buy them, she should go through Luke. I've done all I can there.

Did i miss something... is the old news?

I've just been looking at the fist appearence x-men set on Art Asylums blog, have these figures changed from the prototypes (pictured on back of box)?

The figures still look to have black masks, but am i seeing blue highlights too, which are also shown on the art on the side of the box.

If so, i guess this means the first appearence Angel will get reworked as well.

Did i miss something... is the old news?

I've just been looking at the fist appearence x-men set on Art Asylums blog, have these figures changed from the prototypes (pictured on back of box)?

The figures still look to have black masks, but am i seeing blue highlights too, which are also shown on the art on the side of the box.

If so, i guess this means the first appearence Angel will get reworked as well.

It's jus ta little extra blue on the maks, is all. There was already some blue highlighting present on the torsos.

Quite frankly, i'm glad they added it. :blush:

I'd love to, but I'm flat broke. Will your store be carrying them in the future?

I'd love to, but I'm flat broke. Will your store be carrying them in the future?

We won't be carrying it initially, because the bulk discount from AFX isn't a good enough discount to justify our store expenses. We would have to mark it up a few bucks higher than AFX, and I don't think it would sell very well then. I am just doing this initially at cost to help out everyone here at MMV.

However, these exclusives tend to make their way into Previews after two or three months, and then we will definitely be ordering them and carrying them in the store. :)

We won't be carrying it initially, because the bulk discount from AFX isn't a good enough discount to justify our store expenses. We would have to mark it up a few bucks higher than AFX, and I don't think it would sell very well then. I am just doing this initially at cost to help out everyone here at MMV.

However, these exclusives tend to make their way into Previews after two or three months, and then we will definitely be ordering them and carrying them in the store. :)

Awesome. I'll definitely order them from you! :D

I can't speak for everyone else on the MMMV, but even if they WERE carried at Luke's Toy Store, the shipping would be about 1/3 of what AFX charges to Australia, so i'd still buy them through you Luke.

I'll definitely be buying them when you get them, whenever that might be.

• 2 weeks later...
http://www.artasylum.com/blog/2009/12/x-me...-shipping-soon/

thanks Matt!!

EDIT: those sneaky guys changed this on me, it was nice big group shots of the Xmen and Xfactor boxsets but its not there anymore....sneaky sneaky sneaky

Jeff of the Miniacs

It's back up.

With this caveat to the photos:

"Also note that the flight stands featured in these pictures are not included in these sets but can be found with every Ghostbusters Slimer Minimate."

That is, every Ghostbusters Slimer Minimate that's already been purchased, since they were released two months ago. Have fun on eBay. Let us know how it works out.

They really need to sell bags of these flight stands.

I agree. I think that'd benefit everybody.

Also, anybody notice in that picture the big X on the X-Factor Iceman is guy from his chest? I wonder if it'll remain that way. If so, then after removing the belt it could double as a regular ol' updated generic Iceman... which is something I'm for.

Edited by Mystery Man