UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Classic X-Men and X-Factor boxsets!

Chronotrigger

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I remember reading somewhere the blue is instead of black because its hard to show shading on black costumes for muscles etc. Think Black Panther alot of the time I remeber his costume being more blue then black. Spider man may have been supposed to be red/black but the red/blue kinda stuck.

X-men should have been Black/Yellow but alot of it came down to what artist was colouring. I believe Judge Dredd suffers from the same problem most ppl think of his uniform as blue but its supposed to be black leatherish and its hard to show the shading on an leather body suit.

Wow, that looks great! Where is the box art from? I don't remember seeing it anywhere before.

--edit: I now recognize them as being Boyd's great customs--

Edited by karamazov80

Wow, that looks great! Where is the box art from? I don't remember seeing it anywhere before.

Gah! I feel foolish now! :D

DST would be well advised to tap Boyd up for use of that image.

Gah! I feel foolish now! :D

DST would be well advised to tap Boyd up for use of that image.

Hmm with the secret wars banner on who ever wins get to tap that. Saying DST should tap Boyd up brings bad mental images :blink:

Of the two sets, I'd rather have the FA X-Men. I'd like the X-Factor set better if it really were from X-Factor #1 with a blue furry beast. Yes, the green peeking around the hair of the SI Beast is driving me nuts. Oh DST, why did you choose to torment me so!!

And yeah, they so need to contact Boyd about using that image.

Edited by Mirymate

I love the classic X-Men set. I've been wanting those for a long time. :)

Now I can recreate to cover art from the Giant Size X-men. Those classic X-Men figures are great. Funny how they decided to put Angel as an exclusive to another set.

So, are these Beasts' the only time that "duck feet" are considered a good thing?

I wonder if diamond select toys will make a mimic using these new pieces.

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Calvin_Rankin_(Earth-616)

I'd say it's very, very likely, but not the Mimic we know and love. I'm thinking it'll be Dark X-men Mimic. Hey, they made the Dark Avengers, so why not?? :blush:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/05/Dark_X-Men.jpg

I have never read the dark x men comics is he the one with the wings in the back with the big M on his chest. ;)

or is it this one

http://media.photobucket.com/image/dark%20...CubeMimic03.jpg

is this a mighty mugg

Edited by Scorpion

Yup, he's the one with the wings and the big, obvious M for Mimic. :lol:

Here's a better pic:

ajxchs.jpg

And, no. that's not a Mighty Mugg in any way...i'm not sure how could think it is unless you've never seen one. It looks to me like a custom Cubee Craft, unless they updated their site with an official one.

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

I'd say Mimic is likely. Especially that Dark X-Men costume, which looks like for all the world like it would be nothing but reused parts. Calvin's more classic costume would need a new goggles-hair piece, not that that is the hurdle to something getting made that it once was.