UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Detailed pics of Wolverine Through the Ages boxed set

MINI_MYTE

he's stuck in an SM3 Tranny Venom/Tranny Peter phase;

TT-F, I know we love our abbreviations around here, but this might not be the best one for "transformation". :confused: It has some other connotations that you may be unaware of... I'm just saying.

I agree that I don't feel it will sell very well, but rather than just being "Wolverine" saturation, I think it is bland "Logan"/maskless Wolverine saturation. At least make one or two of the figures a bit more interesting. Weapon X helmet, Age of Apocalypse, updated Astonishing X-Men version with mask. . .something beyond younger or older guys with bad hair in various states of dress.

It looks like this was definitely conceived as a Logan Through The Ages set, but got "Wolverine" stamped on it for obvious rea$ons. Add me to the list of would've-boughts, if it had come with a true Weapon X.

True...i've seen them called Tranny here, before, but you have a point. Note taken. ;) And yes, i DO know what you mean.

And yea, it really was more of a Logan, not Wolvie.

I'm betting the next "through the Ages" type set is gonna be for Hulk. He needs an updated "original gray," a Joe Fix-It, Planet Hulk, and Maestro.

AMEN to that!

I third that

I been waiting for a joe fixit! and a better grey hulk!

Edited by SErge

I'm just adding my vote to the 'bummed that Weapon X doesn't have his Training Helmet' poll. I was hoping for wires coming out of a groovy little pda on his crotch & connecting to his visor.

I gotta back Karamazov80 too . . . this is kind of a bland looking set. I was expecting more of a 'Wolverine Costumes through the ages' thing than a 'James Howlet's civilian fashion do's & don'ts' set. Hopefully we WILL se a masked Astonishing, Helmeted Weapon X & AOA Weapon X in the future.

And now i'll sit back and wait for Matt to come through for me and Nessex and give us the next installment in the TTA series. JGTTA; Jean Grey Through the Ages.

yes . . . YES . . . YES! Jim Lee Jean Grey, Black Queen Jean, AOA Jean & Here Comes Tomorrow Jean! (I'm not including Goblin Queen as technically, she's Maddie Pryor & we'll be getting her in the 'Inferno' box set with Mr Sinister & The Punk Storm that we were conned out of from the Secret Wars box set :D ).

I'm just adding my vote to the 'bummed that Weapon X doesn't have his Training Helmet' poll. I was hoping for wires coming out of a groovy little pda on his crotch & connecting to his visor.

*goes off to start poll as to whether it was a good or bad idea to do a Weapon X Wolverine with no helmet and bone claws*

:D

I was looking forward to this set but the skimping out on Weapon X really is a let down. They didnt bother putting blood on him, or including those metal grommets he had on him where they inserted the injection tubes. No helmet? Come on... Lame. I do want that loin cloth for a Ka-Zar custom so, I will be getting this set, sooner or later.

I'm betting the next "through the Ages" type set is gonna be for Hulk. He needs an updated "original gray," a Joe Fix-It, Planet Hulk, and Maestro.

AMEN to that!

I third that

I fourth that!

Edited by Rheul

AMEN to that!

I third that

I fourth that!

I fifth that!

(I'm not including Goblin Queen as technically, she's Maddie Pryor & we'll be getting her in the 'Inferno' box set with Mr Sinister & The Punk Storm that we were conned out of from the Secret Wars box set :D ).

Eh? Sign me up for a case of those! Where do I pre-order? :D

Okay, I rarely play these games, but who would be the fourth in your Inferno Box Set, Nessex? Maybe a civilian Maddie?

Edited by Cappy

(I'm not including Goblin Queen as technically, she's Maddie Pryor & we'll be getting her in the 'Inferno' box set with Mr Sinister & The Punk Storm that we were conned out of from the Secret Wars box set :D ).

Okay, I rarely play these games, but who would be the fourth in your Inferno Box Set, Nessex? Maybe a civilian Maddie?

The demon S'ym? Magik? Demonically-possessed Hobgoblin?

The demon S'ym? Magik? Demonically-possessed Hobgoblin?

I'd go for the Demon here. he had a lot to do with the story and how else would we get one of those demons?

To make the set a possibility I will say

post-1666-1249010538_thumb.jpg

possessed Wolverine.

I would rather have a Magik, but 3 females in one box set will never happen, sadly.

I would LOVE to see a Malice-possed Polaris . . . but we'd probably end up with an 'Inferno Wolverine' . . . Brown costume wolverine - but all demon-esque looking.

To make the set a possibility I will say

possessed Wolverine.

EDIT: Oops - someone has already said it . . . my bad. I'll read ahead next time. LOL. You're right though: S'ym or Magik would be a much better choice . . . but we probably wouldn't get a box-set with 3 women or without one of the big 5.

• 3 weeks later...

So I finally got a set of these....I am lukewarm overall but still happy with them....one thing I did do right away was swap out the arms on old man Logan and ditch the coat....looks much better that way and he didnt have the coat that long in the story anyways

Jeff of the Miniacs

For anyone who was dissapointed that weapon x wolverine didn't come with the helmet I have some good news. The helmet and wires that come with the marvel universe weapon x figure fits on the weapon x minimate really well. In fact the only thing that needs any real customizing is the shoulder straps. They have to be shortened but everything else looks really good as is. I will post pics tommorow (as I am not at home to take any right now). Hope this helps some of you dissapointed fans.

For anyone who was dissapointed that weapon x wolverine didn't come with the helmet I have some good news. The helmet and wires that come with the marvel universe weapon x figure fits on the weapon x minimate really well. In fact the only thing that needs any real customizing is the shoulder straps. They have to be shortened but everything else looks really good as is. I will post pics tommorow (as I am not at home to take any right now). Hope this helps some of you dissapointed fans.

Is it going to look like the one see here. Which was made by the very talented Mattallica.

Is it going to look like the one see here. Which was made by the very talented Mattallica.

As a matter of fact it looks almost exactly like that :P , I guess I was beat to the punch.

Weapon X May Have Bone Claws, But It's a good thing, because now we have bone claws!! :D

We had those in the X-Men Origins: Wolverine set.

Weapon X May Have Bone Claws, But It's a good thing, because now we have bone claws!! :D

We had those in the X-Men Origins: Wolverine set.

Nope, they were just unpainted regular claws. The ones in the TTA set are the honest-to-goodness bone claws with rough bone-like sculpting that we were SUPPOSED to get in the Origins sets. So basically, the newbie was right. :blush:

I used the Wolverine Origins Weapon X and I believe Mattallica did the same, is that what you're talking about?