UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Detailed pics of Wolverine Through the Ages boxed set

MINI_MYTE

What with all the excitement of the SDCC 2009 aftermath, it seems our favourite canadian mutant minimate has had his debut boxed set overlooked. So without further ado, I present Wolverine Through the Ages boxed set. Enjoy!

(click on thumbnails for larger pics)

Packaging

th_pack.jpgth_packback.jpg

James Howlett

th_james.jpgth_jamesback.jpg

Weapon X

th_weaponx.jpgth_weaponx2.jpgth_weaponx3.jpg

Logan

th_logan.jpgth_logan2.jpgth_logan3.jpgth_logan4.jpg

Old Man Logan

th_oldman.jpgth_oldmanback.jpg

Ever wonder why young James has that expression on his face? Well it ain't cause he's poppin' bone claws through his hand, rather it this...

th_OMG.jpg

Yup, that right, Weapon X is "PARTY" Weapon X

Points of interest:

• Only 3 sets of non-clawed hands are included in the set.
  • Logan comes with a second hairpiece with no hat. He also has a slip over crotch piece for some reason.
  • James Howlett is sporting the "slipper" minimate foot to make him look shorter than his older selves.
  • Weapon X is nude under the loincloth.
Edited by MINI_MYTE

Thanks for the pics, Myte! Still a bit miffed that the powers-that-be didn't include some form of a masked Wolvie into this set, but the caveman (finally, a truly hairy-legged Minimate!) and hat-wearing Wolvie are decent enough. I'm also sure that we'll be seeing the "look of terror" face in various funny pictures in the future.

Edited by karamazov80

Why does Weapon X have bone claws?

He's naked and has a tattered loincloth and muffled hair... so I'd think that means he's supposed to be "Just woke up and berserked my way out of the compound" Weapon X... logically...

And at that point he should have a brand-spanking new set of metal claws... no?

No Helmet. No plugs. Bone claws. I'm not seeing what this one has to do with Weapon X. Looks more like "Naked in the wilds of Canada" Wolverine to me.

As for the other figures. I like Logan. He's cool looking. 1st civilian logan I've liked since the original one. Not sure if I like the cowboy boots though, and I'm kinda at a loss for why he has a crotch piece. Still looks nice though.

James, is about what I expected. Neat. Not awesome.

Old Man Logan looks kinda lame to me, but I didnt read that story, so I'm not really familiar with him. I'll get the set, 'cause Im a completionist, but he's gonna sink to the bottom of my big basket of Wolverines fast.

EDIT: Cyc beat me to the Weapon X comments. Dang. But yeah, agreed Cyc.

Edited by Gillbob316

Old Man Logan looks kinda lame to me, but I didnt read that story, so I'm not really familiar with him. I'll get the set, 'cause Im a completionist, but he's gonna sink to the bottom of my big basket of Wolverines fast.

Hell I didn't read the story but the PLOT SUMMARY on WIKIPEDIA sounded awesome. Very few times does the plot summary sound awesome. It usually makes things osund boring. It even made Watchmen sound boring. But Old Man Logan just sounds badass with a vengenace. I will read it when the trade comes out. There's no doubt about that.

I'm just getting this set pretty much for the Old Man Logan and James Howlett. Logan looks pretty spiffy with his usual Rockies hick garb, though.

No Weapon X helmet? That's a real let down. The inaccurate claws don't help it much, either.

Edited by Nekoi

Bought this set today myself. I was shocked that no one had pics yet, but i'm glad because now we get your always awsome pics, Myte. :)

I gotta say, opening the package, the no-helmet/cyber parts was a MAJOR let down. I agree that this is more a Feral Logan than a Weapon X; he still has bone claws!!! By the way, those are really nice pieces. Somehow though, he's my favorite of the set; hell, i can't believe i'm saying it, but for once a Logan made it into my Top 10 minimates!! and that never happens; Logan is at the bottom of my c"omic book characters i care about or show emotion for" list. It's just so much fun.

The other thought i had was that Old Man Logan gets no extra arms. That was a major let-down, because i wanted to show him without the coat. :( Hell, he even has detail ON HIS BACK!! Mini Myte didn't show it, but there is a whole mess of detail on the back of the torso, and no way of showing it!! I don't want an extra set for X's hairy arms alone, so this sucks.

The rest of the figures were really just "meh" to me. No one really needs a James Howlett; for God's sake, we don't have anyone from that time period to actually pose him with, and he's stuck in an SM3 Tranny Venom/Tranny Peter phase; it's based off of one scene. Last time i checked, Logan grew up and isn't always screaming at his new claws...And cowboy Logan is just weird...i can't describe it, but i just feel like after Origins Wolverine, i don't need another plaid Logan...so many other Logans to use (much flashier ones to sell the set) and we get another plaid...in a cowboy hat...with cowboy boots...yea...

Overall, the set is a hit-and-miss; you really aren't going in for all the figures, most of us will hate the majority and like one or two. It's not like the IMTTA set where everything was so different and modular it worked. It's just a guy with claws...aging...Grade for set: B- (cause i really love the Weapon X, even though he has no tech-gear...)

And now i'll sit back and wait for Matt to come through for me and Nessex and give us the next installment in the TTA series. JGTTA; Jean Grey Through the Ages.

Yes, i'd buy all of them at any LCS. :lol:

he really IS more Party Logan than Weapon X.

I'm going to have to dig for spare metal-claw hands AND get a Marvel Universe Weapon X for the helmet, although that might not fit...

Anybody want to sell off a spare Old Man Logan, though, lemme know. I need that coat.

Edited by lastmaximal

I'm betting the next "through the Ages" type set is gonna be for Hulk. He needs an updated "original gray," a Joe Fix-It, Planet Hulk, and Maestro.

That would be a good set.

And I want a Devil Hulk!

I don't think this set will be a strong seller. Wolvie's reached saturation point by now, surely? The movie figs - which I actually think are really nice - are pegwarmers. And then they stuff 4 more Wolverines in a box. And that Weapon X one is a real letdown. Party Wolveine indeed.

I think most people would have bought the set just to get a proper Weapon X Wolverine.

I agree that I don't feel it will sell very well, but rather than just being "Wolverine" saturation, I think it is bland "Logan"/maskless Wolverine saturation. At least make one or two of the figures a bit more interesting. Weapon X helmet, Age of Apocalypse, updated Astonishing X-Men version with mask. . .something beyond younger or older guys with bad hair in various states of dress.

Aw, Weapon X doesn't have the control helmet :(

And he has bone claws too, so... bit of a stretch to call him Weapon X IMO

Maybe it's the before Weapon X mate. Later he'll come with adamantium claws and helmet.

I'm betting the next "through the Ages" type set is gonna be for Hulk. He needs an updated "original gray," a Joe Fix-It, Planet Hulk, and Maestro.

The would be awesome!!!!!! I've been waiting for this one the most. and a Sinister Six Pack.

I was thinking about passing on this set before. but was really hoping weapon x would come with a control helmet and change my mind. he did not and while logan does look cool not worth the set. i feel i may have been more into this set if the movie mates had not given me 20 more logans. oh well, marvel waves are due out soon i think one of those waves ought to have a logan or 3

he's stuck in an SM3 Tranny Venom/Tranny Peter phase;

TT-F, I know we love our abbreviations around here, but this might not be the best one for "transformation". :confused: It has some other connotations that you may be unaware of... I'm just saying.

I agree that I don't feel it will sell very well, but rather than just being "Wolverine" saturation, I think it is bland "Logan"/maskless Wolverine saturation. At least make one or two of the figures a bit more interesting. Weapon X helmet, Age of Apocalypse, updated Astonishing X-Men version with mask. . .something beyond younger or older guys with bad hair in various states of dress.

It looks like this was definitely conceived as a Logan Through The Ages set, but got "Wolverine" stamped on it for obvious rea$ons. Add me to the list of would've-boughts, if it had come with a true Weapon X.