UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Kaiyodo Revoltech

Nekoi

I've seen a Figma thread, but no Revoltech. Anyone else collect these? The Figma thread seems to have a lot of activity, so I figured it might be nice to discuss new and old Revoltechs too-- Especially with the recent revival of the line!

For those who don't know: Revoltech are action figures with revolving joints throughout, allowing an amazing amount of articulation and posability.

The lines are mostly populated by popular anime/manga/video game Mecha and Robots in general, but they also have other lines for well-known anime/manga/video game female characters.

Official site: http://www.kaiyodo.co.jp/revoltech/index.html

wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revoltech

I started by collecting the Yotsubato! figures which proved highly amusing for photo ops since she could easily handle accessories from other lines (more specifically DST's Stargate and McFarlane's Halo 3 on my part). I then moved onto Gurren Lagann, Evangelion and Transformers.

Some example pics (forgive me for image quality):

CIMG3119.png

They pose great with my new boxset. :)

CIMG2173.jpg

CIMG2473.png

CIMG2042.jpg

CIMG2017.jpg

Edited by Nekoi

I gotta say, i never quite got into Revoltech. I'm definitely more of a Figma guy, what with their character selection and new "hidden: joints to look more human. There has been one Fraulein Revoltech i've been after though, since i doubt we'll get her Figma with her 2 billion variants already; Bunny costume Haruhi!!!! :lol:

haru2.jpg

The rest of the line is kinda awful. I might have been into Saber Orta, but Figma will get her eventually, according to the Lily box.

I'm a big G1 Transformers fan, and have been really tempted by the Starscream. But, I've got issues with non-transformable Transformers, so I've never let myself get him. If Revoltech got ahold of the right license, I could definitely see myself buying one or two. Aren't they doing Street Fighter at some point? I think that is a perfect license for a line that allows this degree of articulation.

I've got Megs and Starscream. I'm more of a Figma fan though. My best friend does Revos hard and heavy though. I ordered a Fraulein Bunny Haruhi and then sold her to him. The figure is AWFUL. The joints are loose and kept popping out, her stand couldn't hold her, and the articulation was just weird. I know Figma will do one eventually, so I'm just waiting now. Plus then she'll be in scale with the rest.

I'm halfway contemplating finishing out the G1 line, just because. And this one. http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10077127 Because she might fit my GI Joes.

I've got the Megs and Optimus. Plus most of the Macross ones. I am a huge Robotech fan so it was a must have for me. Roy Fokker lives on my desk!!

I have the Max exclusive but he's very lonely for his Milia

Edited by Webhead

I've got Dante, Eva 00, and the Jin-Roh Panzer cop.

Dante is kinda "meh", his head is too small, but he makes some sweet action poses with his stand.

Eva 00 is awesome, but I need moar Evangelions before I'm satisfied! Sadly, they're not at the top of the list of my spending money :D

The Jin-Roh fig on the other hand is beautiful. One of the best toys I have, and is flat out bad ass. Worth all 3,000 pennies I paid for him.

I'd love to have have the Transformers (minus Rodimus, because no one likes him) as well.

It's a shame that Kayido ended it's contract with previews, because I don't know who/what is ever coming out any more.

I bought Ryu and Chun Li a couple months ago from BBTS. They are the only revoltechs I own, and they are awesome! They're smaller than the normal line, closer to a 3 3/4 inch fig, but they are some of the coolest SF figs that I own. I can even pose Chun Li upside down on her base for a spinning bird kick! :P

Edited by Randymarsh

It's a shame that Kayido ended it's contract with previews, because I don't know who/what is ever coming out any more.

Yeah, I was disappointed too. Especially since they went ahead and cancelled orders from the last month the items appeared in Previews. I had to find my Yoko and Gurren Lagann at a convention and online.

For those curious about Starscream: He is amazing! Despite not being able to transform, they really captured his personality well. If you're a big fan of the character, he's an excellent display figure.

Edited by Nekoi

• 10 months later...
So the Street Fighter ones are Joe sized? I thought these were all 5 inches are so. . .

Yes, I'm curious about this too. Can anyone take any pics?

No, but I do know they're pretty small

The only Revoltech I have is a Fraulein Yoko (anime version), and I love her to death. I want to get a Vash the Stampede and Professor Layton.

The only Revoltech I have is a Fraulein Yoko (anime version), and I love her to death. I want to get a Vash the Stampede and Professor Layton.

I have Layton (no pics yet, but will soon enough when it stops raining) & the black outfit version of Haruka (No. 5 from The Idolm@ster -- no idea what this is as I got her as a gift from a friend). Layton is insanely awesome & I love him to death!

• 3 weeks later...

It's blazing hot, why haven't you taken pics yet XD

In case any of you wanted to get Vash and Wolfwood but missed out, amiami has preorders up for the second shipment which is expected to come out in the middle of this month.

• 9 months later...

I bought a revoltech skeleton v2. It's based off of jason and the argonauts. You guys hear figma is making a robocop figure? I'm glad to see japanese companies doing more american intellectual property's.

10131578a2-550x.jpg

1296955743183-550x.jpg

I got the Jason Voorhees Revoltech several months ago. Very cool figure (way, way, way better than the Mezco figure I picked up and broke into pieces when it fell off the shelf), but not sure if it was worth the price or not.

Edited by karamazov80

I picked up their Santa Jack from Nightmare Before Christmas a while back. I think they captured the character a lot better than the version NECA put out a few years ago, which was a bit off even though most of that line was great. Plus this one comes with swappable heads, includes Zero, and the little display stand he comes with is genius.