UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 31 Angel Poll--Who should be the variant?

karamazov80

Wave 31 Variant Angel  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be the variant for Marvel wave 31?

• First Appearance Angel
    • "Modern" Blue Angel

Here is the poll suggested by BHM. If DST really wants to know what we think. . .here you go :)

Note: By choosing the variant, you obviously are choosing the one who will be harder to find.

Edited by karamazov80

I think the Blue suit should be a variant. I know that is still a cool costume, but the Classic is a figure that can really help new collectors or chase them off. Imagine one of your favorite teams, say classic X-men, gets minimated and you can't get the whole team? That could possibly chase someone away from minimates. Plus for the X-factor set the Angel there will a TRU exclusive, lets keep the hunting down, at least a little.

To me, the voting is just on which one do I want a harder time finding for parts. I always buy a case of everything, so I'll be getting both either way. I see Angel's mask being more useful than the weird headband thing, so sure, give us blue Angel as the variant.

Blue needs to be the variant. It's just a color and facial decal swap of the Champions' Angel, while FA Agnel is an entirely new figure with a new costume, and it completes the team. Everyone who wants the FA Boxed Set should be entitled to finishing the team WITHOUT a Hunt.

Blue Angel gets the variant for me.

I think FA Angel should be the nonvariant as it would boost sales. The other costume is just too similar to the Archangel and Champions Angel we already have, so I don't think demand would be that high within the scope of a variant.

Seeing as how the First Appearance X-Men boxed will be readily available to everybody (via ShopAFX.com), so to shoud the First Appearance Angel minimate. Make the blue Angel the variant.

I'm with TTF here; Modern Blue is nice but he's too similar to the Champions Angel already as far as parts composition is concerned. First Appearance is a nice bit of Marvel Comics history to make readily available and there's a wider range of customizer possibilities with this guy. So yeah, I say make him the regular.

If i can easily get the FA Angel, then i will go out and buy the FA X-Men set.

If i don't, then that set is useless to me... what's the point unless you have them all?

I hope DST read this and take note or somebody passes the result onto them.

Edited by Pete

i'm fine with either. But since they are going to release the xfactor one in a tru 2pack, they should make him the normal variant. If people have a hard time getting a hold of the classic angel, they may just pass on the classic xmen box set.

but i'm going to be preordering the wave set w/ variant since I want a few Multiple men

With the earlier blue suit Angel and the Champions red Suit Angel, I think this blue suit Angel should be the variant. Either way, I always preorder complete sets, so I'll get it one way or another. The real question is where can I get a good bazooka for classic Angel once I get him?

I already have the Archangel variant and a lot of people have the Death Angel too. I'd be buying a preorder wave 31 set just for the FA Angel to complete the FA X-men set, which is a lot for a total of 3 Angels (or 4 for some). It seems that we're all at the mercy of DST/AA on this one...

As much as I love the blue costume I say that should be the variant. Having the Original X-Men with no Angel would tick me off. I like having them all together. Speaking of which, what about the X-Factor Angel? Where will he be issued? Because the blue one isn't from X-Factor if memory serves.

As much as I love the blue costume I say that should be the variant. Having the Original X-Men with no Angel would tick me off. I like having them all together. Speaking of which, what about the X-Factor Angel? Where will he be issued? Because the blue one isn't from X-Factor if memory serves.

He'll be a TRU exclusive. Packaged with Warpath I think.

Due to my lack of careful reading, I have voted for Original Angel as the variant. However, I want original Angel as the regular figure.

I'm sure you weren't the only one. I almost did and caught myself right before clicking the "Vote" button. Hopefully, DST will make this change and from what storm 1:08 said they were already considering it anyway.

If i can easily get the FA Angel, then i will go out and buy the FA X-Men set.

If i don't, then that set is useless to me... what's the point unless you have them all?

quoted because, it's how I feel too.

Also if you say it enough "FA Angel" seems like some sexist term for a pretty airline inspector.

I'll have to disagree with most of you guys. Although I totally get why you want the FA Angel. I just really like this blue suited version of Angel, much more than the Champions, and the FA. I also can stop telling myself that the previous versions of the metal wing Angel are "good enough" for me. This is the one I want, always has been. :D