UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Bring Comic Covers/Scenes to Life! Minimate Style!!!

AdyCarter

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

god I love 50's sci-fi men need orange jumpsuits and heavy helmets to fight the evil invading hordes of space but women are made of sterner stuff in the future and only require the bare minimum of clothing and a tiny cape .. no doubt a distraction tactic devised by the intrepid Det. Lewis

Honestly, I skip MMM (or M cubed perhaps) for one day and what do I find when I check back in? So many great covers, so many killer customs and so many brilliant entries that I have to sob quietly as a guaranteed "also-ran"

I concur though, I'd do this stuff for no-prizes. I have a dozen covers I want to try now that my collection has swelled to impossible size (thanks Webhead!)

After massive amounts of deliberation, I think I have finally decided on whose entries I am going to vote for...

But, man! It was such a hard decision! There are so many amazing entries - so many that deserve first place. I don't think I will ever feel at ease with my decision, only because it means that a couple people that I think deserve to win, will not be winning :huh: But i guess that's how it works.

All in all, I think we have seen some amazing pieces of work. Cheers to everyone who entered, and my condolences to whoever doesn't win, but certainly deserved to!

Voting is open for business!

With the Bring Covers to Life Contest Closed, it’s time to start the voting process.

Voting begins as of this post and ends October 4th at 12:00 AM Pacific Standard Time.

Please submit all voting Ballots by PM to Amazing.JL.

On your ballots, please include the top three entries in the order you feel best represents the source art.

Consider all the elements of the entry when doing to voting. If you are a participant, you cannot vote for your own entry.

Example:

1.) Best Representation

2.) Second Best Representation

3.) Third Best Representation

Here is your list of Participants

Shamrock

TENIME_art

Lurch77

Totalus_Kat

Gillbob316

drgnrbrn316

Mattallica

BannersID

Danny

Killgore

Nestlé

Luke314pi

DonnyB

Boyd

Opticon

Kirby

Fujis

Old El Paso

CRISIS Survivor

Antacost

JCastick

Viper

Skull Buster

Dirge

nikkitony1

Nervous

Spoon_Wielder

Ivan

The Contest Gallery can be found at the following link.

http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/index.php?showtopic=814

Please post any comments in this thread and NOT in the Gallery.

Good Luck to All!

Wow. Voting for my favorites was very difficult. The entries are all so creative and in some cases ground-breaking even. Big ups to Ady and the mod team for this contest and congratulations to all of the artists! Such inspiring work! I hope people will continue to make Minimate-style comic book covers even after this contest.

Boy, I tell ya, voting for this thing had to be about the most difficult thing I've done in quite some time. I found myself having to get far more nitpicky than I ordinarily would. Simple things like the wrong shade of blue would set an otherwise flawless entry down a notch. Pity they can't all win something.

Just want to echo everyone else - so many fantastic entries, I have no idea who I'm gonna vote for!

Looking at that gallery, it's clear that there are some really talented people out there, but more importantly, people who have taken the time, dedication and care to create something that they wanted to capture for themselves. That's what I'm most proud of, personally. I know my entry isn't as accomplished as the winners will be, but it's mine. I did it :) That's all I need.

Good luck to everyone, it's been a wonderful contest.

In a way I'm glad DonnyB didn't give up when he saw I had done the same cover as him. I realise its possibly cost me a Maximate/Javellin but damn if that wasn't well worth seeing. I should say that the contest was a wonderful reason to stop lurking and get involved, glad to have met you all.

Get your votes in, get your votes in folks!

I'd like to thank those that have voted thus far. It's great to know this contest has been well received and everyone had fun. All great entries by the participants. Hopefully this becomes a yearly event. :)

I got my usual contst question.

After the winners are announced, will we be able to see the amount of votes or points each player recieved?

Or, on request, could a contestant see how many his or her entry recieved?

Only the Top Three Winners will be posted. Point totals won't be posted. If you want to know what place you ended up, send me a PM after the contest.