UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Bring Comic Covers/Scenes to Life! Minimate Style!!!

AdyCarter

incase you couldnt tell, Im not very good at cutting stuff

And apparently, neither is the person who made that original poster... especially all of Reed, and Sue's legs.

Ewwww. :P

But I seriously do think you made it look better than the original. Technically, I don't think it counts, since it's a movie poster and not a comic cover/scene... but if it did count, I would think you'd get bonus points for improving on the original design B)

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow.

... I mean... Sheesh, man! That's polished. I like it. A lot.

That's superb work, Boyd!

Heh. I love the texturing on Ice Man. That's pretty creative. And that's a nice touch with the big hands & feet on Beast.

Overall, a very very nicely done entry. Makes me wish I had stepped my entry up a bit.

Sweet!

Yeah, You should work on your cutting, but thats probably the only thing that I would point out that you need to work on. The rest of it is great! And I especially like the flame effect on Johnny.

Overall, it looks sleek. I'm digging the composition and colors, especially...

Here are some sites with basics:

http://akvis.com/en/photoshop-tips/selection-tools.php

http://www.graphic-design.com/Photoshop/tu...ls/0301-27.html

I couldn't find anything that was too indepth... I would send you the stuff that I learned from, but I didnt use anything. I just experimented till I figured it all out... but that took me a while. If none of those links helped you, or if you have any specific questions, drop me a PM and I'll do what I can to help :D

tnx if it doesnt count (can the judge or mod or some1 plz tell me) then I'll do a new 1 of a comic cover

After discussions with "The Others" your first entry is not valid because the pic is not from a Comic book. However your second submission is good.

===============================================

Great work by the way.

Especially loving Boyd's entry, its clean, retro and that Iceman is a must-have custom! he ought to get together with Opticon's terrific Torch.

Great entries guys, I'm becoming more and more adjusted to the idea of being one of those non-prize earning winners...

hi guys I really want to post my entry but unfortunately I can't find anyway to host my images would one of you guys be kind enough to do that for me just e-mail me please before the contest ends. the-jerk@hotmail.com

Oh and by the by this is my first post on this board.

Hey Spoon W.

Good to have you aboard.

I'll PM my email to you and can host the image.

T.