UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Bring Comic Covers/Scenes to Life! Minimate Style!!!

AdyCarter

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, finally finished mine. For the record, I hate Photoshop.

Amazing_Spider-Man_Annual_1.jpgcover.jpg

Six custom minimates, everything in the picture was actually made, only doctored to better resemble the cover. The blue buildings is actually that Megabloks Marvel Building shaded blue. Blue LEGO baseplate as the ground. I did borrow the title and text boxes from the actual cover though, to make it as accurate as possible.

1st off, let me say nice entry to drgn. I really like your customs, their some of the best ones I've seen. I'm digging Mysterio's head. Hehe

And now, another question about the contest.

JUST because I'm curious...

I notice that the original post states that any Maximate Selection can be substituted for any 3 non-variant marvel 2-Packs or C3 Set.

I was just hoping you could clarify, or state any restrictions on that statement...

Like 1st off, is that any 3 marvel sets, any 3 C3 sets, a combination of any 3 marvel or C3 sets, or any 3 marvel sets or any 1 C3 set. That confused me a bit, because the word ANY is very vague when it comes to C3. Like if it were mini-flyers, I could see where a choice of 3 would make sense, and could be mixed and matched with marvel sets, but if it were a huge batcave, 3 wouldn't really make sense, ya'know? So I assume this meant 3 or 1, but I wasn't sure.

2nd, do you really mean ANY sets, or would a list of options be provided at the winners' request? Because a mini-javelin might just be worth more then a maximate these days... I saw a loose Flash Minimate alone go for $30+ on ebay a few weeks ago... so if one were in the running, I have to admit, it would be tempting...

So anyway, I don't know that if I were lucky wnough to win that I wouldn't just take the maximate(s) anyway, but as one of the people saddened by the fact that he'll probably never see a flash or a martian manhunter, I just had to wonder....

Any clarity you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Hopefully I can answer your question Gilbob, all though its not my place to do so... but im going to anyway :P

1st prize winner both Maximates

2nd & 3rd One or the other

Prizes can be exchanged for 3 sets of non-variant Marvel figures or C3 Set

by that what it means is you can have 3 boxes of a two pack marvel set as they are far easier to come by as there are more of them. Against 1 I do say one, as that what the phrasing of the text means as C3 is harder to obtain due to the fact there are yet to be many DC minimates... all though the variance in the prize will differ, I do not think it would be the C3 batcave, but perhaps either the Batmonbiles or indeed the flyers.

But then again im not entirely sure, but I'm sure Ady knows ;)

cheers,

Totalus

Each brand is considered a separate prize choice.

1.) Any Three Non-Variant/Chase 2-packs means any three.

2.) Any C3 set means any C3 set, whether it's 1.) Mini-Flyer or 1.) Batcave. Because C3 encompases a big range of different size sets and are harder to come by, it was simply set to one. The word "Set" is singular. 1 Mini-Flyer is considered 1 set.

3.) Now Any Maximate selection can be substituted for either of the prizes mentioned above. Obviously 1st Place has much more flexibility. 1st place is set to win two maximates. The 1st place winner can so choose to accept to both Maximates or switch one of them for one of the alternate prizes. The 1st place winner can also switch both of their maximates for the alternate prizes.

Since 2nd and 3rd Place only have one Maximate selection, they can so choose to switch it for one of the alternate prizes.

This flexibility was put in place just in case any of the winners already had Maximates. Simply said it's a 1:1 prize substitution.

There are also no restrictions on whether one of the winners choose an alternate prize or not. For example, if 2nd place chooses a batcave it doesn't mean that 3rd place can't get one; 3rd place can also choose a Batcave. If 2nd place chooses three Non-Variant Marvel two Packs, 3rd place can choose the same ones or different ones.

Hope that clears it up for you all. :P

Ok here ya go I did take some liberties with the cover art as I'm sure we've all found out not everything translates well from one medium to another and scale issues of figures to drawings. I also wanted to get away from the X-Men as I figured there would be plenty of coverage there. I think it came out pretty well I also think it would be neat if every regular artist got to do they're own take on the title logo so I did just that good luck every one.

th.87217df1b5.jpg

th.8f6c43c59c.jpg

Thanks for all your help Ady I couldn't have come up with what I did with out you I'd still be out there persisting that silver surfer panel I wanted to do is out there somewhere,lol many thanks to the rest for your praise I'm loving all the entries so far that "Days" cover is very well done indeed and I just love that Vulture custom on the spidey cover sadly I can't afford extra mates to paint and cut up so I've got to settle for QC's and digital help for the rest.

Time for me to enter the fray:

My chosen Minimates cover rendition is Phoenix: Endsong 3. I hope you all like it.

Endsongcover.jpgEndsongcoverDanny.jpg

The Minimates and accessories were shot and posed "live", with the only post production being the logo added to the top.

Thanks for running the contest, I had a blast creating the cover :)

Hey everyone, long time lurker, first time poster and if anything can break the lurk its got to be this kind of challenge.

Gillbob316 this ones for you;

th.30d0587f90.jpg

th.b60d8154f6.jpg

Made all the tougher by no Gambit, Psylocke or Beast figs, but I think y'all can see what bits went where.

Is this allowed? All though its great looking... it doesnt seem to be a comic book cover? Or am I wrong?

Oh and nice Danny, very nice :)

cheers,

Totalus

It's a foldout cover... so yep it's allowed.... can someone official come verify that?

T.