UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Battle Beasts Minimates

Delta you should join forces with DST to create the official hot sauce of minimates smile.png

A limited run of bottles of sauce every year, and it comes with a different translucent orange mate (preferably one with wings).

Haha, I would love that. Have a nice little label with a minimate blank on fire or something. Maybe I'll make something up for a contest or something like that later this year.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Delta you should join forces with DST to create the official hot sauce of minimates smile.png

A limited run of bottles of sauce every year, and it comes with a different translucent orange mate (preferably one with wings).

Haha, I would love that. Have a nice little label with a minimate blank on fire or something. Maybe I'll make something up for a contest or something like that later this year.

Do it!

Hey guys,

Here are two customs that I made with some bits I got this year at C2E2. Since I already painted up a Rattle Snake and made a desert jumping spider, I decided to continue my desert/western theme that I have going. First off, I made a beast that's an homage to Clint Eastwood in the Good, the Bad and the Ugly, in the form of a desert lizard. I chose this specific breed as the spikes on his face mirror Clint's five o'clock shadow in the movie. I also used the oversized gator feet to represent western cowboy boots.

The second figure is a Merk/falcon repaint where I tried to give him more of a southern Arizona desert feel to him, with a little bit more of a native american flair to him.

So I have a desert lizard, falcon, rattle snake and jumping spider. Next, I plan on doing my own paint jobs on the tarantula and scorpion. Let me know what you guys think.

EastwoodFront_zps8ba57e43.jpg

EastwoodSide_zps6d4def18.jpg

EastwoodBack_zps0dd803fa.jpg

EastwoodCloseUp2_zps5493ea03.jpg

EastwoodNoPoncho_zps765d4f2f.jpg

EastwoodNoPoncho2_zpsc4f0959f.jpg

FalconFront_zps473339f2.jpg

FalconSide_zps37c7318c.jpg

FalconBack_zps91ae5feb.jpg

FalconCloseUp_zps413a7c00.jpg

DesertDuo_zps59b7a5ee.jpg

DesertGroupFour_zpsf153f02a.jpg

Thanks for all the kind words everybody! I really appreciate it. It's always motivating to me to keep going when I see that people like the work that I am doing.

YB, the lizard is a combination of two parts. The hat is from the Man in Black minimate from the "For a Few Dollars More" boxed set. The lizard head itself is just a rubber head from a lizard toy I think I got at the zoo sometime ago. I then drilled in a female peg hole to fit the round ball joint for a minimate head, and sculpted the back portion of the head to remove the harsh cuts and flat spots from cutting the head off of the lizard body.

UK C, Rango was definitely an inspiration to me. I love that movie. For me, I made him as a combination between Clint Eastwood in the dollars trilogy mixed with Rango. But this lizard is completely confident in is capabilities.

Again, thanks for the compliments everyone.

Also, tomorrow is the night that the Hot Wings Merk will be handed out at the restaraunt I believe? If anyone is able to pick up an extra, please let me know. Thanks again!

Now that I have seen the bear, it's gotta be between the bear and the shark for my favorite. After seeing the control art for several of these, I have to say that I am very happy with how they turned out in figure form. The cow looks great. I am glad to see that the pitchfork accessory stayed in. I love that little bit of humor to him. The cheetah also looks really nice. Looks sleek and fast. Anubis really surprised me. I wasn't sure how I was going to feel about him, but he came out looking really nice. I still plan to have two of him, one in full armor. A sort of battle mode Anubis if you will. I love the repaint of the bat. Really great color choices on him, and pretty spot on to how I would have painted him if I repainted a bat. I am not sure about the bird on the right, however it's not a very clear photo yet. I'll reserve any judgement of him until I get to see a pic up close.

Do we know if this is a Specialty Store series or TRU, or even if there's going to be a difference between LCS and TRU for series 2?

I believe this is specialty and that things haven't been planned out for TRU yet. However, I could be wrong and I expect more info to come from the panel. There was control art at C2E2 for a Giraffe, but I doubt that would be exclusive to TRU...

Edited by groundhog7s

The Robin and the Bat look great, Zach! Much better than the control art from C2E2. Any chance the Robin will be displayed without his armor?