UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Battle Beasts Minimates

Spurred on by seeing the designs for Battle Beasts Wave 2, I finally got around to buying some sets from that seller on eBay that is selling Battle Beasts for crazy low prices.

5 sets of Vorin/Vachonus = $4.95

5 sets of Merk/Fenruk = $4.95

3 Complete sets of Wave 1 LCS = $35.85

Shipping = $13.97

Total = $59.72

With the shipping cost, that breaks down to $2.71 a pack!!!

A full Custom Case, and 10 additional 2-packs for $60 shipped!!!

Seriously, if you guys haven't taken advantage of this deal yet, even just for custom fodder, you really should. Deals like this don't come around too often.

Link to eBay Seller's page.

My order arrived yesterday, great packing, exactly what I ordered. Scoop these up, people!

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine did too. I'm still not quite sure what to do with all of them besides pass a set on to the boys, but I'm sure I'll figure something out. One of these days I'll either start customizing or will wise up and stop buying parts all the time. I'd post a pic of all the custom parts and extra mates I have sometime, but it's really kind of shameful.

• 2 weeks later...

My first Battle Beast repaint!

Dromus

When Dromus hatched, his white carapace and pink eyes branded him as an 'ill-born', and as is ritual he was stricken from scorpion clan and beaten within inches of his life by Vachonus and Scorpus, his clan-brothers. Discovered by Vorin's group, Dromus was nursed back to health and now fights by the side of Vorin, Merk, and Gruntos, although Gruntos has quiet suspicions about Dromus' allegiances and keeps a watchful eye in effort to protect his allies.

Equipped with a strong paralysis poison in his stinger which he uses to coat his weapons, Dromus is a deadly opponent in close range combat. After defeating his enemies in battle, Dromus paints his white carapace with brightly colored inks, and has covered all but the final two segments of his deadly tail...those segments will only be painted when Dromus stands victorious over Vachonus and Scorpus and has taken his role as leader of the scorpion clan.

Dromus01.jpg

Dromus02.jpg

Cool. Did you come up with the back story?

Yes, I had some fun with it! smile.png

Very nice. Was Dromus inspired by an old Go-Bot?

Close...I must have subconsciously been thinking of the Transformers Scorponok! But then again half of the Decepticons were green/purple! :P

240px-Scorponok-art.jpg

Edited by youbastards

There's a old Go-Bot named Creepy who's green & purple and has claws. Sort of the sad version of Scorponok. I remember having him as a kid and taking him apart with a screwdriver. Early customizing memories...

post-66-0-01909400-1368740278_thumb.jpg

Edited by boyd

Vorin (Bounty Hunter)

Many years prior to the events that led Vorin and his comrades to Earth in search of the Dread Weapons, Vorin honed his skills as a bounty hunter in the Wastelands. Going by the alias "The Kid", Vorin was notorious for bringing in his bounties alive, this earned him a large notoriety and even more credits.

His weapons of choice varied, but his skill was unmatched. Often he would rely on a 'Peacekeeper' blaster to subdue his mark from a distance, but if the action was up close and personal, his dual throwing axes were always within reach. Should those fail, a bounty hunter should always keep an ace up his sleeve, and Vorin's ace consisted of his Hard-Light Gauntlets. Each gauntlet was capable of generating a solid light construct for a brief period of time. When activated, One-handed weapons can be equipped in each hand, and even a bow can be generated that shoots white hot plasma arrows.

Vorin's time as a bounty hunter came to an abrupt end when he was unknowingly used a pawn in an act of vengeance. The pyromancer Kestrel hired Vorin to capture a headstrong Falcon named Merk. Vorin attacked Merk, but during the fight, Kestrel used the diversion to assassinate The Splintered Branch, the leader of the Cliff Crossing Falcon clan, and Merk's nest-father.

20130518_152008_3.jpg

20130518_152153_7.jpg

20130518_152257_6.jpg

20130518_152447_5.jpg

20130518_152649_12.jpg

That ram needs a motorcycle.

Is this a hint, Zach? Will we be seeing an official one soon?

Thanks guys, I've tweaked Bounty Hunter Vorin a bit, will post some new pix later this week.

Meanwhile...

Kestrel (Pyromancer)

As first-born to The Splintered Branch, the leader of the Cliff Crossing Falcon clan, great expectations were placed on Kestrel from the moment of his hatching. The royal scryers prophesized the first-born son to lead the Cliff Crossing Falcons to victory against the Serpent Clans, and no expense was spared in providing weapons and training to Kestrel However, despite having unlimited access to the best weapons-masters and hunters in the land, Kestrel showed little interest in hunting and armed combat, and instead chose to focus his ambitions on secretly studying the black arts.

Once Kestrel's younger nest-brother Merk came of age, he showed much proficiency in weapons and hunting, and quickly garnered the favor of their father. The aspirations that once shadowed Kestrel, quickly disappeared and he quietly resented his brother for being the son that his father wanted by his side.

As the Summer Hunt approached, Kestrel spent less time training for the hunt, and more time in the libraries studying ancient magics. Disappointed in Kestrel's decision not to participate in the training hunts, The Splintered Branch broke centuries of tradition and chose Merk as his formal apprentice, essentially forever removing the status of "first-born" from Kestrel's heritage.

While the hunters were away for the Summer Hunt, Kestrel decided to test the pyromancer spells he had been learning. Casting what he thought was a minor flame conjuration spell, he inadvertently set fire to the nesting aviary, dooming the unhatched offspring of dozens of hunters. The smoke could be seen for miles, and the hunters returned to village to find the nest-mothers in tears and the village practically destroyed. Kestrel was nowhere to be found. The hunters were then sent to retrieve Kestrel and be brought before The Splintered Branch to face retribution for his actions.

After many days of searching, Merk finally caught up to his brother, but Kestrel was unable to convince Merk to let him escape. Brought before his father in chains, Kestrel begged for mercy and placed the blame of the tragedy on Merk by claiming that he "stole" Kestrel's rightful place at his father's side. Furious at these accusations, The Splintered Branch clipped both of Kestrel's wings, grounding him for life. His remaining flight feathers were dyed red, signaling to all other Falcon clans that he was outcast from the Falcon clan. The Splintered Branch spared his son's life on the condition that Kestrel leave the Falcon clan forever, and forbid the practice of magic by his people from that moment forward.

Kestrel wandered the lands for years, perfecting his pyromancer arts and plotting his revenge. During these years, many reports of a Falcon clad in flames sacking villages and caravans reached Merk and his father, but the Cliff Crossing hunters were never able to find Kestrel's whereabouts. One fateful night, while traversing the Wasteland, Kestrel happened to meet a naïve young ram along the road, in search of work. Kestrel's plans were put into motion, and soon the destinies of both Vorin and Merk would be intertwined forever...

20130519_192037.jpg

20130519_192133_1.jpg

20130519_192258.jpg

20130519_191302.jpg

Edited by youbastards