UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Battle Beasts Minimates

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I agree, BHM. I wonder when we might see it; being as it's already April, I would guess a wave 2 wouldn't show up until around the holidays. I also wonder if TRU is picking up a second wave. Sounds like only the LCS wave was mentioned, but I can't imagine the line going forward without TRU support.

I think Zach said that the Giraffe would be at TRU. Human at specialty. So, likely a mix again.

The first wave had 10 Sculpts.... (Scorpus, Spidron & Scalpus shared sculpts with Vachonus, Fenruk & Strictus respectively).

I'm guessing wave 2 will do something similar, but i'm wondering if there are plans to release updated versions of the lead characters? And if so - will they be new sculpts or repaints.

I do hope we see brighter paint aps for the LCS wave this time around. With the exception of Vorin & the Scorpion, i have to agree with Shanester - the LCS waves looked a little drab in comparison to the TRU decos.

I think Zach said that the Giraffe would be at TRU. Human at specialty. So, likely a mix again.

I think Zach is sticking his neck out.

Cow is from the end of issue #1. Holstein.

Holstein? .......are you sure Zach ?

Cattle Beasts.

(editor : bhm has decided to refrain from using his extensively boring list of 'cow' puns)

-bullhornsmoo

Edited by buttheadsmate

Aren't holsteins black and white?

I don't believe we're making more of the main characters this time around. The LCS figures -- which are painted to match the comic, BTW -- are still available, so we're going with different animals. A couple of the cooler beasts will get repaints at TRU or specialty -- the bird, the bat, the scorpion -- but I think the shared animals are all new.

Farm kid hat going on:

Holsteins are the black and white cows, famous for appearing in movies like "Top Secret" and having their look stolen by Gateway computers. They are raised around the world, and are the leading dairy producing animals today. Due to the lack of teats on the cow in the above picture, we can safely assume he is "udderly" male.

Holsteins also come in red and white spotted varieties - a possible idea for future repaint.

A couple of the cooler beasts will get repaints at TRU or specialty -- the bird, the bat, the scorpion -- but I think the shared animals are all new.

So a few of the beasts from wave 1 will be reused in wave 2? Or are you saying there will be beasts shared between TRU and LCS in wave 2 like there were in wave 1?

Edited by Lobsterman

Cow is from the end of issue #1. Holstein.

Farm kid hat going on:

Holsteins are the black and white cows, famous for appearing in movies like "Top Secret" and having their look stolen by Gateway computers. They are raised around the world, and are the leading dairy producing animals today. Due to the lack of teats on the cow in the above picture, we can safely assume he is "udderly" male.

Holsteins also come in red and white spotted varieties - a possible idea for future repaint.

Farm kid is spot on....although in the UK/Ireland they're known as Friesian (pr. Freezian) .

I saw the cow....cover of BB#3 ...but I couldn't recall it being B&W in the art.

I'm not going to beef about it though.

Man, soo many cow puns. Maybe I need to moove on over to another board until you have had your fill.

I was beyond excited to see the new control art. A lot of great looking figures there.

Battlecat, that pic you have looks a lot like the cow control we had. And he comes with a pitchfork as a weapon. I know that I am going to have to make a custom bell to hang around his neck. Maybe him and the Moose with his horn can start some type of odd, hoofian band.

The shark in your pic looks similar, although if my memory serves me correctly, I thought I remember the shark being a bit beefier (that was unintentional) than he looks in this pic.

The Giraffe was a pleasant surprise. He has a really great look to him. Sleek, tall, and has a good, consistant armor design to him. If you told me ahead of time about a giraffe, it would probably be at the bottom of my want list, however, seeing the art for the figure has really turned that around in my eyes. Also, because his armor is so consistent, symmetrical and didn't seem too reliant on a specific animal type, I think the giraffe would be a popular choice for making some other custom beasts. I didn't see if his legs are specifically hoofed feet, but regardless, he would work well for a number of animals with a simple head swap and new paint.

The cheetah had a great look to him. Sleek and fast. He was on the first slide with the shark and wasn't up for long, admittedly most of my attention was on the shark.

Anubis looked good. He looked exactly like what he looks like in the comic. However, for my tastes, I'll probably get two, and ditch the clothes on the second one in favor of full battle armor. Nonetheless, he looked pretty fantastic.

2668522-anubis.jpg

The human (I forget his name) at the end of the comic that uses the dread weapons also looks pretty nice. There are a lot of great accessories in clear red that show off him using the weapons very nicely. I could imagine someone using his parts to make a nice Atrocitus custom to battle against the old green lantern minimates.

Really hoping this line does well enough to continue going for several waves. And instead of getting a new Vorin, instead, do another ram in Vorin's father, along with his comrades on the last page of the comic. That would be a sweet series 3.

I don't think TRU will be getting more Series 1.

Series 2 will have two shared packs, and they are new Beasts. Specialty will get the human Ullin, a new beast and a couple repaints from Series 1, and TRU will get new beasts and a couple repaints as well.

Can't remember if Ullin gets standard Dread Weapons or energized ones, we'll see.

Papa Vorin and the other warlords are not in this series. Maybe someday...

I'm not sure the artist has actually seen a cow (or bull) before. I would have thought that was some kind of cat man if I didn't know it was supposed to be a bovine.

Huh, I see nothing cat like there. The hooves, tail, and head are all bovine in shape. Admittedly he isn't a cow and I wouldn't exactly call him a bull either, not getting into the whole concept of how Battle Beast culture might work, from his build I'd say he looks more like a steer.

I'm not sure the artist has actually seen a cow (or bull) before. I would have thought that was some kind of cat man if I didn't know it was supposed to be a bovine.

Huh, I see nothing cat like there. The hooves, tail, and head are all bovine in shape. Admittedly he isn't a cow and I wouldn't exactly call him a bull either, not getting into the whole concept of how Battle Beast culture might work, from his build I'd say he looks more like a steer.

I couldn't even pick out the horns and hooves at first glance, but I suppose the artist did suggest them a little. The snout is all wrong though and throws off the look for me. Seems to me it should look a lot more like the Four Horsemen's Xetheus, or the Mynothecean Royal Guardsman in particular, but I might just be overly picky with my anthropomorphic cattle.