UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Battle Beasts Minimates

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice!

Since the comic established Vorin, Merk, and Gruntos as the main Beast heroes, I wouldn't mind seeing future waves focused on beasts from different environments.

Say, an arctic themed wave with characters in cold-weather gear. Re-tool 1 or 2 of the main characters (Vorin/Merk/Gruntos) and pair them with snow-themed villains like a Polar Bear, Orca, or Wolf, and introduce 2 new "exclusive" heroes for that 'zone' (like the TRU Moose) paired with another exclusive villain.

One thing I would like to see change with future waves is eliminating the LCS/TRU waves sharing the same figures, only repainted. I think it was okay for the first wave and introduction of the line, but going forward it would seem excessive.

To be completely honest, if Battle Beasts didn't perform as well at LCS as it did TRU, I would be fine with DST making the line a TRU exclusive, and maybe occasionally releasing a boxset of repaints as convention exclusives.

Okay, Today was the day my local TRU (Bloominton, IL) got their truck and still NO BATTLE BEASTS Minimates. I am fed up with their distribution of this line of minimates. Also, no new minimates of any line. They have not received any new minimates in over two months. I just wanted to get the Bat/Moose set and then maybe would have gotten all the others but at this point I am getting one from TENIME_art (bat and moose) at least. I am beginning to think that my local TRU will never get any new minimates at this point. Most of the others who have posted here stated that they have seen Battle Beasts at thier TRU and that they have long since sold out. Not a single one to show up here in Bloomington, IL. I am a little upset that not all TRU's are included in the distribution cycle.

Just venting as I have to get it out or I will go mad.

I just found out tonight that my nearest TRU isn't "eligible" to receive Battle Beasts. No idea what criteria is used in determining that (probably sales of the overall Minimates brand or the store size and location or a combination thereof) but I'm a little put out. On one hand I wasn't really interested in getting into Battle Beasts anyway. On the other, they look exactly like the kind of impulse buy that tends to spontaneously drain my wallet. I'll have to go out of my way to find these in the wild. (That bat looks sooo cool.)

Now I'm wondering how many other TRU exclusives never made it to my store due to this mysterious ineligibility. huh.png

I'm the guy without the 'allrosey' spectacles & the Minimate Battle Beasts aren't perfect but can you remember when I said anything was ? I'm told that the TRU versions of Battle Beasts are even better than the LCS versions .......they must be superb because I just can't put these little bastards down .

If you liked the original Battle Beasts then these won't be for you ,these actually move & although you can pose them in a bow-legged position why would you ? Very few warriors face-off their opponents with their legs apart .....if you don't know why then I suggest you find out ......before you get kicked in that particular region . So I 'don't get' the originals but that's neither here nor there ,nor is the fact that the line stumbled off of the starting grid with all those completely unnecessary unpainted Vorins ... .I was, personally, rammed right out . The comics are good ....I don't read too much these days but at least the main characters in these comics don't sit out around the kitchen table every issue discussing who's going to be baby-sitter .....good enough for a further run which needs to coincide with minimate releases . Then there's Zik ......let's just forget that one altogether.

I'm perhaps in the group that would be called 'Liberal Reformist' rather than 'Strictly Orthodox' when it comes to Minimate Purism & minimate purists are not going to be happy with these either ,too much sculpting doesn't sit well with a purist . Well Mr.Purist, go take a look at the character which I asked you to forget about a few lines back then take a shufty at the characters in Wave 1 & you might not want to see a cylindrical head ever again .

Standard Minimate hands are also rare in this line as well which...... like everything else in this post is my personal opinion.....is just great & about time , Minimate hands are just fine when little else is required ,this line demands them .

Feet ? See above thumbsup.gif

I'll cut this short because I think it's stopped raining at last & i need to go play 'pretend-Farmer' ..............

I'll be back.

Edited by buttheadsmate

Sorry not all TRUs got in Battle Beasts, guys.

@$($*#!%

I've got five TRUs in my immediate area and none got in Battle Beasts.

Double @$($*#!%!

I've got three in my area and no love for the Battle Beasts. And all I want is a bat and a snake :sad:

Sorry not all TRUs got in Battle Beasts, guys.

@$($*#!%

I've got five TRUs in my immediate area and none got in Battle Beasts.

Double @$($*#!%!

I've got three in my area and no love for the Battle Beasts. And all I want is a bat and a snake :sad:

...or at least a bat, the TRU guy that made this decision and five minutes in a locked room.

At this point, despite the poor distribution, I am still expecting a second wave of these. These have easily been the best original line DST has done so far.

I'd just like to know what criteria they're using to determine which stores get them and which don't. I asked at the store and the young lady didn't know. I'll try asking a manager the next time because I'm really curious.

I'm interested in that answer too. You sure you weren't being handed a line?

Some of you are now experiencing what I often have in the Marvel line -- I don't care how many sets DST tells us are in the wild, if all three TRUs in my area fail to receive a wave, they instantly become rarities.

And bhm, I'm known as a purist, I do love my blanks and Spider-man the best, but the Battle Beast line has done the same thing Halo did: they've gone so far in the other direction, I see them as little action figures rather than little block figures. So I'm happy with them. heh.

Edited by Cappy

Cappy, if I'd never seen a Minimate line before in my life I'd be buying these.

Being 'block figures' is not really apparent at first glance..... which says it all.

I have my reservations as to whether these will succeed financially because they must break the bank to mould.....nigh on everything is new....but I really hope DST keeps its nerve & presses on with another wave . I checked out the comic books earlier & the thought of having 'Beasts' such as bears,sharks,platypi & toucans sends blood to my nether regions......NO, not really but I needed to keep your attention thumbsup.gif

Personally .....I've been playing round with a few part swaps & Fenruk lends himself quite nicely to a 'Thing' custom ...think Carpenter movie dog rather than Ben Grimm.

Other thought : Wave 2 needs an army builder .

Another thought : Wave 2 does not need another ram of any description .

I'd just like to know what criteria they're using to determine which stores get them and which don't. I asked at the store and the young lady didn't know. I'll try asking a manager the next time because I'm really curious.

I'm interested in that answer too. You sure you weren't being handed a line?

I was looking over her shoulder as she pointed to the part of the screen that read "ELIGIBLE: NO." She was baffled, too. I'll just ask a higher-up and see what they say.

I asked a few employees about these on Friday. After much searching, calling and other store inventory checking, it appears this wave may have been ordered too small. I bought the entire case the day my TRU got them in. This was not enough to trigger a reorder. There is no longer any stock at the distribution center either.

Any chance they would order more of the first wave, Zach?

Not even Vorin's Dad?

I would LOVE to see Vorin's Dad, and the rest of the beasts with him on that last page.

The warlords who possess the remaining discovered dread weapons? Yes, I would like to see them, too.

I asked a few employees about these on Friday. After much searching, calling and other store inventory checking, it appears this wave may have been ordered too small. I bought the entire case the day my TRU got them in. This was not enough to trigger a reorder. There is no longer any stock at the distribution center either.

Any chance they would order more of the first wave, Zach?

I do not think TRU will be restocking Series 1, and they did reduce their order when we adjusted our ship date, so there are less out there than there were originally supposed to be. Again, sorry, guys.

Is there any chance of a second production run (if TRU requests it), or is it pretty much over and done? In either case it'll likely increase purchases of the specialty market release and hopefully persuede a Series 2.

Is there any chance of a second production run (if TRU requests it), or is it pretty much over and done? In either case it'll likely increase purchases of the specialty market release and hopefully persuede a Series 2.

I can't imagine we'll make more of Series 1, but I can't say we've never done it. If we made more, it would likely be a Series 2.

• 3 weeks later...