UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Battle Beasts Minimates

Still no Battle Beasts in Bloomington/Normal, IL. I was in Indiana (Lafayette & Indianapolis) and went to several TRUs and they all claimed to have never seen them in-store at this point. Tomorrow is likely the day my local TRU will get them but I am out of cash and have no way to be there because I am out of town. I only wish for two sets of the Bat/Moose mates. Could anyone help me out? I am happy to see what I have that you might need for trade. I would like one set to be in package and the other could be loose if all accessories are included.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still no sign in Missouri, but I did manage to snag a full set from a TRU in Kansas last week. I'm extremely impressed with these (despite my Spidron's weak knee-joints) and have been having a blast mixing-n-matching parts. I can't remember the last time I've had this much fun with Minimates! I may actually pick-up another set when these finally hit MO. Since these are based on the comic (which I don't have) might we be able to deduce who may make the cut in the event of a Series 2? I've noticed (based on the covers) that the lion and tiger seem to be reoccurring characters. Would anyone with more info. (i.e. read the comic) care to chime in with perhaps a list of the characters/species?

For what it's worth, I've visited three TRUs this last weekend and none had Battle Beasts any more. From the sellout of the two sets on-line, stores selling stock fairly well and all the mostly positive reception from people who were looking forward to these and those that weren't (and picked them up anyways), is it safe to expect a second series (at least at TRU)?

I can back this up, I have yet to see a restock at a store that has carried these, so I'm guessing the initial allocation was much lower than normal. The last time I can remember seeing this type of allocation was M.A.X. series 1. Hopefully TRU was happy with how these performed.

Would anyone with more info. (i.e. read the comic) care to chime in with perhaps a list of the characters/species?

The vulture, bear, gorilla, and frog Beasts were in a lot of panels that I can remember, but my big wants are the jellyfish and flying squirrel Beasts!

I haven't gotten the TPB yet, but Luke sent me a copy of issue 1 with my set from him, and I want every character in there, lol. I'd say the bear was featured most, really. There was a flying squirrel, though! Too bad it didn't come with the moose, lol.

Paco, I have 1 set of the Moose & Bat. Cost + shipping is all I ask.

MisterMiracle hooked me up with a complete set, so when I found the one exclusive, I got it to pay the help forward.

For what it's worth, I've visited three TRUs this last weekend and none had Battle Beasts any more. From the sellout of the two sets on-line, stores selling stock fairly well and all the mostly positive reception from people who were looking forward to these and those that weren't (and picked them up anyways), is it safe to expect a second series (at least at TRU)?

I can back this up, I have yet to see a restock at a store that has carried these, so I'm guessing the initial allocation was much lower than normal. The last time I can remember seeing this type of allocation was M.A.X. series 1. Hopefully TRU was happy with how these performed.

Funny, I was just thinking about MAX while reading this thread. Great minds think alike, I guess... or at least ours do.happy.png

MAX should definitely serve as a cautionary tale (or...tail), though. Remember how well the first set seemed to sell? It was gone seemingly in a week. And it did do well enough to earn a second series, but apparently not well enough for more. I hope BBs are different, though.

Anybody who never picked up anything from the MAX series were just plain nuts & to a similar degree I'll say the same about Battle Beasts ....what is there not to like ? 5 Waves of Halo & I'm still yawning ,5 waves of Trek & I'm informed that they'll sell well again blink.png & guess what ohmy.pngsarcasm-1.gif Street Fighter didn't do that well again.......quelle surprise ! I'm not saying 'what I like' should be 'what everyone should like' ....far from it ....but Battle Beasts are an innovative line that deserve.....yep deserve.....a chance .

Still no sign in Missouri, but I did manage to snag a full set from a TRU in Kansas last week. I'm extremely impressed with these (despite my Spidron's weak knee-joints) and have been having a blast mixing-n-matching parts. I can't remember the last time I've had this much fun with Minimates! I may actually pick-up another set when these finally hit MO. Since these are based on the comic (which I don't have) might we be able to deduce who may make the cut in the event of a Series 2? I've noticed (based on the covers) that the lion and tiger seem to be reoccurring characters. Would anyone with more info. (i.e. read the comic) care to chime in with perhaps a list of the characters/species?

READ THE COMIC!

This has been one of our best-selling lines in a while at TRU. Hopefully, TRU is interested in more.

Hey Zach, has the correct Scorpus bio been posted anywhere? I know here was a copy mix up on the package, and was just curious to the original bio. A search here yielded no results, so I don't know if it's been posted here.

Out of the 5,695 minimates that have been released in the last two months (give or take), I find myself going back to BB over the others, even all the F4 goodness. Anyone that hasnt picked them up, I recommend giving them a try before they're gone.

I'm really glad you guys like the line.

Here's Scorpus' bio:

Battle Beast Scorpus
Species: Scorpion

A nomad, Scorpus wanders the desert robbing and stealing, and uses his size and strength to take what he needs. He and Vorin once crossed paths, and Scorpus lost their battle; he dreams of the day he will get a rematch.

Edited by Zach Oat

I'm really glad you guys like the line.

Here's Scorpus' bio:

Battle Beast Scorpus

Species: Scorpion

A nomad, Scorpus wanders the desert robbing and stealing, and uses his size and strength to take what he needs. He and Vorin once crossed paths, and Scorpus lost their battle; he dreams of the day he will get a rematch.

Very cool! Thanks for posting!

I am glad to hear Battle Beasts are selling well, but the TRU located in Bloomington, IL still has never received a single case of these. I am still looking for one set of the Bat & Moose. I have one set coming from TENIME_art, which I am very thankful for his assistance so I can get at least one set.

I only hope that by the time the new TRU Star Trek assortment gets released that my TRU here in Bloomington, IL will get a shipment or two so I can get Janeway and Seven.

Maybe by then they will at least get the second wave of Battle Beasts.

This has been one of our best-selling lines in a while at TRU. Hopefully, TRU is interested in more.

I'm excited to hear that.

I'm excited and nervous. I haven't yet found Moose/Bat or one of the other packs. My TRUs seem to get a lot of new releases later than other areas so I'm hoping these are still on the way.

I am glad to hear Battle Beasts are selling well, but the TRU located in Bloomington, IL still has never received a single case of these. I am still looking for one set of the Bat & Moose. I have one set coming from TENIME_art, which I am very thankful for his assistance so I can get at least one set.

I only hope that by the time the new TRU Star Trek assortment gets released that my TRU here in Bloomington, IL will get a shipment or two so I can get Janeway and Seven.

Maybe by then they will at least get the second wave of Battle Beasts.

We haven't finalized a line-up yet, or even confirmed a release, so I guarantee you Series 2 will NOT be out in May with the Trek Mates. IF we move forward, it would be end of the year at the earliest.

So Zach, is this going well for specialty also? If not, would there be a chance for a series 2 that was only at TRU?

Not sure if BB did better or worse at specialty than other comparable lines, but if more were to go to TRU, I think we'd offer a specialty series regardless. We'll see what happens.

These have still not shown up at my local TRU stores. Glad that I have only a passing interest in them and wasn't planning to collect them but sad that they're not getting the distribution they deserve. At least the managers know someone's looking for them. Happy the line is doing well elsewhere.

I've just spent some time with some of the most innovative minimates I've ever seen & I've seen a few. My LCS wave arrived yesterday & I was ready for anything but i just love them . I have so many questions about them ,one would be "what are the 2 holes on Merk's gut for ,they look like they're ready for an accessory location?" . Two of the loveliest minimate civilians I've ever seen as well.

If the pay is right I'll do a review of these for Minimate Central

Yep, almost every character has holes for his weapons. And, I think, all the villain's weapons can be combined at the ends to make longer, staff-like weapons. :yes: