UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Battle Beasts Minimates

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't find these locally, so I turned to Luke. He's got them all loose (or at least he did, no idea if he's sold out of any), so if you don't want the humans you can avoid them. I've got a feeling that I'm going to regret passing on them for fodder down the road, but I also figure that they will be easy to acquire via trade. Anyway, still waiting to get these in hand.

Anyone mash up the SFvT bear with some Battle Beast parts yet?

They arrived at my lcs last week and I picked up a set of Merk/Fenruk. Haven't opened it yet as they look too nice sitting safe in the packaging but they'll eventually be freed.

The design work on these is wonderfully intricate, detailed and imaginative.

Seriously, what kind of jerk gets Minimates before everyone else can and then sells them to make a quick buck? Unbelievable...

Oh, and look at these pics I have comparing the regular and TRU versions (TRU is on the right):

010.jpg

008.jpg

012.jpg

007.jpg

014.jpg

005.jpg

Also, it was odd that the scorpion BB from TRU has the same bio as the regular version, whereas the other two repaints have a different one.

Edited by groundhog7s

I ordered these from what must have been the sample case that was listed last week, so no, they're not really out yet in-stores or on-line (the listing are even gone from their site). When I found them, there were three Vorin packs, two each of Gruntos and Merk and no Moose and Bat.

Thanks for sharing! I definitely like the TRU paint scheme more than the LCS wave.

Me too. Seems a lot more vibrant. Can anyone who has read the comic enlighten me as to whether the LCS wave matches the colour scheme from the comic itself?

These do look very fun. If I was a kid and got these I would be delighted, so hoping that there's a lot of impulse buys on these. They look like they'd fit in very well in a Planet Hulk style storyline, where the Hulk has to smash his way through some animal warriors. Now all we need is an improved and bulked up Planet Hulk mini...

YB, I agree with you. There's something about the brighter colors that appeal to me for a line like this. The only one that I feel differently about is Vorin. I know that the colors are based off the comic book for the LCS wave, but just looking at the toys themselves, it looks like the yellow and red Vorin belongs in the TRU wave, and the muted gold and crimson Vorin belongs in the LCS wave. As they are now, they both seem to clash a bit with the paint schemes of their respective wave-mates.

The TRU in Bloomington, IL got a truck today but claims they did not have any Battle Beast Minimates on it. I was on hold for almost 15 mins as they looked for them. I think they just put me on hold and just said they didn't get any.

However, I did get the Spider and Snake From Luke today. So now I have a snake I can make my Gorgon from and a snake to keep complete. I am working on a story for some customs I have made similar to how Prowl-Ar does on his posts and The Spider will be repainted to a color scheme I want and then I will hopefully get them posted very soon. But I am on the lookout for the TRU Battle Beast Minimates.

The TRU in Bloomington, IL got a truck today but claims they did not have any Battle Beast Minimates on it. I was on hold for almost 15 mins as they looked for them. I think they just put me on hold and just said they didn't get any.

However, I did get the Spider and Snake From Luke today. So now I have a snake I can make my Gorgon from and a snake to keep complete. I am working on a story for some customs I have made similar to how Prowl-Ar does on his posts and The Spider will be repainted to a color scheme I want and then I will hopefully get them posted very soon. But I am on the lookout for the TRU Battle Beast Minimates.

Just for that little nod I'll go ahead and hold off on posting my Gorgon custom for a while. However, I'll go ahead and add my Battle Beast WIP Bear and Vulture here.

WIPBBBear.jpg

I'm still looking for a bit more armor and I'm likely going to replace the LCS Gruntos parts with TRU parts so that the brown gauntlet fur matches a bit better.

WIPBBVulture.jpg

This one is essentially complete. I just have to dig out a Lego axe head for the bone axe. Plus I need to heat the Mega Bloks armor and then rapidly cool it so that it molds to fits the body block a bit better.

TRU tarantula should have had a different bio than the LCS tarantula. Is Spidron not a gladiator? All three shared baddies are meant to be entirely different characters.

LCS Beasts are meant to reflect comic coloring. That's why they're more muted overall.