UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Battle Beasts Minimates

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dunno how I feel about it, may grow on me which is usually what happens but I think I just set my expectations to high.

I guess your Mom said the same about you ! :biggrin:

Seriously that is some outthere Minimate .......fantastic.

Ouch!

I am just not a minimate guy I guess so the less they look like them the more I like them (flame away lol)

so is the TRU battle beasts going to still drop this fall while the others wont be out until after Christmas?

Shouldn't this be in the Battle Beast droppings thread ?

I see what you did there.. clever :P

I had to kill out one of my collections and nixed the warcraft bloks so I got some shelf space just waiting for these lil guys. I hope they drop before christmas so I can just write them up as a xmas gift from the wife lol

I like the bat. I appreciate the fact that they are going in a different route to represent a bat than Battle Beasts/Beast Saga. Those figures all have separate arms, and then the wings on their backs. I like that this has the wings integrated into the arms, like a real bat. If I have to make some criticisms of the figure, I feel like perhaps the arms are a touch too long, but I would have to decide on that based upon having it in my hands. Also, I would have liked to have seen a bit more armor on him. But the more I think about it, the more it seems with this line that the flying battle beasts don't have nearly as much armor as the heavier ground beasts, which makes sense. Overall, still a very solid figure.

Something that I am still getting used to is the diversity between the figures. I am still so used to Battle Beasts and now Beast Saga, that I am accustomed to figures that follow a psudo-standard about body proportions, placement or armor, etc... I have to get used to the aesthetic of the Minimates Battle Beasts that each animal is going to have their own style to it. Which I think is going to be a really strong positive to this line.

Now, what I am waiting for is pictures of the Moose. That has to be my favorite thus far of wave 1. With that horn, he reminds me of a viking moose. How can you go wrong with a viking moose?