UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Battle Beasts Minimates

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm struggling to keep up with my Marvel collection, as well as the start of Walking Dead etc, so at best I will only be able to dabble with this line.

That said, despite most of us being of the 'what is going on with this line, we've waited long enough' persuasion, the proof is in the pudding, because the Gator actually looks pretty awful in comparison to what is in the pipeline for BB.

I understand that our vices work in mysterious ways, but I think that if you were only just getting on board with the BB 'mates then you wouldn't necessarily need to track down a gator for your collection, as he will look well out of place side by side with the others. Completists will vehemently disagree of course.

That's just my £0.0126.

Many of us figured that the 'gator would not be the way BB minimates would go but as a stand-alone toy I personally love it.

When you consider what the carry cases cost initially & how many people dismissed them,then the fact that these buggers were more or less free kinda warms my heart :biggrin: On the other hand consider the fact that shipping Minimate carry cases to the UK from the US wasn't cheap then in my case ( :rolleyes: ) I'll never make a killing on them .

Stealth Vorin out next week, $25 at Midtown Comics while it lasts (has gone out now back in stock!). They also have the grey version on their site as well.

http://www.midtowncomics.com/store/dp.asp?PRID=1229523

Hopefully the one I ordered from DCBService comes through, would be a steal to get it for their preorder price of $12!

Edited by JeffBohn

Any word on these? (The Stealth Vorin?) I never got a call from my LCS about him, but that does not always mean anything....

Midtown still has it in stock for $25. With 8041 (estimated) ordered for Battle Beasts 1, and these being a 1 for every 25 incentive, we'd be looking at 321 total of these (less because some stores ordered less than 25). No idea how many were actually made though, this will be an interesting figure to watch.

Edited by JeffBohn

Is it just me ? Or is the series 1 BB mates look to...Natural? I mean ,ther big and all,but I think if they hade lazer swords ,guns and cyborg armour Like the gators. I really liked the idea of having robotic animals(Like the old Battles beasts) . I just think It would be cool to have them look more robotic. But defenetly buying the whole series 1 !

Is it just me ? Or is the series 1 BB mates look to...Natural? I mean ,ther big and all,but I think if they hade lazer swords ,guns and cyborg armour Like the gators. I really liked the idea of having robotic animals(Like the old Battles beasts) . I just think It would be cool to have them look more robotic. But defenetly buying the whole series 1 !

Read the comic book. Sword fight scenes are much cooler than laser fight scenes.

Read the comic book. Sword fight scenes are much cooler than laser fight scenes.

OH ! REALLY?! I only read the preview comic.... Im ordering both issues . Thanks for telling me. And OF COURSE Sword fight are better...But I wish they would look more like from the future... LIke the grey gator or the gold one. They had a mettal sword and a mettal ax. And If they had lazer sword fights ( Like star wars) THAT WOULD BE BEAST ! I wasnt complaining. I was just saying :lol: . Thanks for the recommendation !

OH ! REALLY?! I only read the preview comic.... Im ordering both issues . Thanks for telling me. And OF COURSE Sword fight are better...But I wish they would look more like from the future... LIke the grey gator or the gold one. They had a mettal sword and a mettal ax. And If they had lazer sword fights ( Like star wars) THAT WOULD BE BEAST ! I wasnt complaining. I was just saying :lol: . Thanks for the recommendation !

What's more like the future than advanced talking animals and holograms(transparent).