UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Battle Beasts Minimates

And sorry if I upset or offended anyone, I can be a sarcastic ahole sometimes and I know that does not translate well over the interwebs, to sum it up yes gold vorin is going on my hit list but no I am not in fetal position in the corner crying myself to sleep (yet). Oh and sorry to any of the staff that thought I was accusing them of snagging some for themselves yet again that was me just being a smart ass that did not translate well to text :X

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Storm1:08 - Don't beat yourself up man, you did good. Without you we wouldn't have had anyone we trusted to shmoooze Chuck/Zach or anything to share with our members this year.

bOO - No worries, I think reading what someone writes without knowing their personality can make subtle humor go awry. I don't like to speak for Shane but as far as I'm concerned we should chalk this one up to overeagerness and not knowing you well enough (yet) .

T.

Allen,you are THE man! I'd really prefer any representative of this site not upset the DST guys by being greedy, so I thank you for how you rep'd us once again. I really don't see myself going to SDCC again anytime soon. It has just gotten too "Hollywood" for my liking. Therefore, I appreciate what you do. Zach and Chuck are good to us and I don't want to mess that up.

As of right now, I have had NO promo Battle Beasts, Agent 88s, or buttons given to me for my own personal collection. I have one red Vorin I bought off ebay and NO gators. I won a grey Vorin just after the con, just don't have it yet. Paid for, not free. Also, I disqualify myself from contests held here, so I have NO chance of winning no matter how good my entry (thats what she said). The staff are not disqualified depending on how or who decides the winner. We don't conspire to pick ourselves...

No one has made accusations, I just want to be clear how this works. DST gives us prizes for contests, they go towards the contest. If I or a staff member are personally gifted an item, we do with it what we want. Matt gave me a gold Gator for my own collection. I gave it to Luke for a chat prize and he awarded it out. Thats how we roll.

Allen,you are THE man! I'd really prefer any representative of this site not upset the DST guys by being greedy, so I thank you for how you rep'd us once again. I really don't see myself going to SDCC again anytime soon. It has just gotten too "Hollywood" for my liking. Therefore, I appreciate what you do. Zach and Chuck are good to us and I don't want to mess that up.

As of right now, I have had NO promo Battle Beasts, Agent 88s, or buttons given to me for my own personal collection. I have one red Vorin I bought off ebay and NO gators. I won a grey Vorin just after the con, just don't have it yet. Paid for, not free. Also, I disqualify myself from contests held here, so I have NO chance of winning no matter how good my entry (thats what she said). The staff are not disqualified depending on how or who decides the winner. We don't conspire to pick ourselves...

No one has made accusations, I just want to be clear how this works. DST gives us prizes for contests, they go towards the contest. If I or a staff member are personally gifted an item, we do with it what we want. Matt gave me a gold Gator for my own collection. I gave it to Luke for a chat prize and he awarded it out. Thats how we roll.

And that's one of the things I love about this place. Self sacrifice and altruism flows in abundance here. I don't know if it comes from the staff, or the staff get it because everyone else does it, but it's remarkable. I know of people who have won contests and passed on the prizes because they either already had the items, or felt others deserved them more. I know I haven't entered contests because I've felt the same way. It really is remarkable the bounds people will go to help one another here, none the least of which the staff. :)

I don't need one , but I know geo does, with all that translucent goodness and all

And for the record, anyone got a problem with Storm, you got a problem wit me. Hes a good dude, and goes out of his way for people, including myself..... And never asks for or anything in return

I am pretty Stoked Just scored signed Ashcan from Bobby Curnow and Ulises Farinas off the bay for a penny! shipping was 3$ but still a Steal!! cant wait to frame it!!

EDIT: oh and I love Storm <3

Edited by b00sted

I am pretty Stoked Just scored signed Ashcan from Bobby Curnow and Ulises Farinas off the bay for a penny! shipping was 3$ but still a Steal!! cant wait to frame it!!

EDIT: oh and I love Storm <3

Sounds like a deal! I just pulled the trigger on a $20 blue Vorin myself (I figure that's around what they'll even out to price wise anyway)

I've been on the fence about battle beasts for a bit, I've spent a bit getting all the color variations only - but I think this gold one sealed the deal for me and I'm backing out from purchasing this line - Just canceled my preorder for the 2 pack exclusive from bigbadtoystore

Same for me. I will just keep all my DST Beasts just in case of I change my mind in the next few months.

I wish the line all the best. It's just that it is not for me.

Not for you due to the look of the line, or due to not getting a gold Vorin? Honestly curious.

Not for me as a completist. I should have add that I will certainly keep buying some of them as the snakes which is a great figure I want army of. I just won't go in the "gotta catch 'em all" way.

Probably for the best -- I do not envy overseas completionists, as the way we are handling the wide-release Battle Beasts will be particularly tricky, with different colors at specialty and TRU. Still sad that a lone promo is what is scaring people off of the line, but nothing to be done about it, I suppose.

And Storm is a dynamo, as well as a saint. I call him St. Dynamo, Patron Saint of Helpfulness.

Is it weird that even though I am still on the hunt for the gold vorin I am excited for NYCC already? maybe I can convince my wife I can go since it is only 5hrs away...

anyways I know it was a feebie but anyone that is BB crazed like myself another autographed item popped up on the bay and thought I would share since I nabbed one already!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SDCC-2012-EXCLUSIVE-IDW-BATTLE-BEASTS-ASHCAN-MINI-COMIC-AUTHOGRAPHED-L-K-/120953067263

I don't think the Gold Vorin is going to turn people away. We still haven't seen much of this line yet. A few in hand pics can turn even the biggest critic (of course, pics can be a double-edged sword, too). I think the Gold Vorin was perceived (even by myself)as the new Gold Spiderman. It makes me crazy that people who have no care for minimates might have GIVEN to them, a figure that we would do moose stuff for. I completely understand that these were meant to be put into the hands of influence, but it doesn't make the pill any easier to swallow. The seller of the first Gold Vorin to show up on Ebay, is neither an influential person or a collector. Don't be put off by the initial uproar Zach. We are a passionate lot, as you now know.

Does the comic sales have any impact on the figures? I hope the best for the comic run, but hope the two do not share the same lifeline. Just in case, I bought a dozen BB #1 issues and gave them to some of the older kids in the daycare facility that is in my office building. They would probably freak over the minimates, but I don't even have any yet... :verymad:

I think the Gold Vorin was perceived (even by myself)as the new Gold Spiderman.

Gold Spidey has become a legendary goal for collectors, so even just mentioned something is "gold" and "limited" will lead to panicked reactions. If this Vorin was bronze or even plaid, I don't think we would have seen the same kind of response from fans.

That being said, I really love the fact that the ram has a golden fleece.

Shane, what is "moose stuff"?

If you have to ask, it's better you not know.

This Gold Vorin is no Gold Spider-Man although I initially feared it was . I made the biggest song & dance about it here & to a degree I am little bit pissed with myself for doing so because I've fanned the flames . I never had a Gold Spider-Man for years but it never stopped me enjoying the rest of my Marvel Minimates & it never crossed my mind that I'd stop collecting all the rest of them if I couldn't find Goldie....but that's just me . I'm full on with Battle Beasts & I'll keep plugging away at finding a Gold Vorin reasonably priced but I need to say that I will not pay the figures being bandied around by some guys here ...that's also just me. Once you start paying crazy prices for these things you get wary about about even touching the damned things & they lose their appeal.