UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Battle Beasts Minimates

As somebody who lives far away from the convention outlets, and someone who has supported minimates since Marvel series 1, I'd be pretty upset if I missed out on the giveaway while some "johnny come lately" ended up getting something that I feel I'm more deserving for.

That said, I think the offer to cover shipping is quite generous of YB.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a long reply that I lost, but the gist of it was that I respect BHM's dedication and investment, and if he ever couldn't get something I would gladly try to get it for him. But accusations of fake edition sizes and intentionally overlooking the fans are just not true. That said, if I'd known painting a Minimate gold in an attempt to make Battle Beasts into a more viable brand was going to make people angry, I wouldn't have done it. Hopefully more Vorins turn up online.

I too have typed & deleted more than one potential post which was meant to lift the clouds that I helped place over this thread .

I'll apologise unreservedly if my comments about edition sizes are without substance ,I'm a bit 'Spock' sometimes & age unfortunately brings with it the curse of cynicism .......but hey,if it lifts the clouds I'll say sorry here & now..."sorry Zach for the accusations".

I am not somebody who would 'accuse' anybody of anything out of spite or venom ,although I'll admit to being fairly inflamed about the Gold One when I described the un-numbered limited numbered items that I have in my collection ( sorry a tad sarcastic there but no offense meant ;) ) . In the scale of things this 'evidence' was fairly innocuous but when a sad old completist (my words,not yours & no sarcasm implied :) )gets the rug pulled from beneath him,he'll use any ammunition he has to ask "what the hell is going on?" .

In the big picture this was never about me.

Finis?

Are there going to be more contests too since there seems to be only one gold one here and Zach mentioned there was a few gave for contests?

Are there going to be more contests too since there seems to be only one gold one here and Zach mentioned there was a few gave for contests?

It's possible he meant a few exclusives and not a few golds (Although we were really only talking about the Golds)

I've been on the fence about battle beasts for a bit, I've spent a bit getting all the color variations only - but I think this gold one sealed the deal for me and I'm backing out from purchasing this line - Just canceled my preorder for the 2 pack exclusive from bigbadtoystore

Since I open my toys...can someone help me justify why a custom painted gold Vorin is as good as having an offical DST one out of the package? Its an odd form of ocd I supposed, but I need reassurance from someone else.

/me thinks Shanester is holding out on me! ;P

Yes you're 100% right, Shane told me that Zach gave him enough for every member on the board to get one but we're going to keep just one back....yours :rolleyes::lol:

Staff are not getting any of the goodies that Zak kindly gave our rep at SDCC, they are (as always) being given out to members in contests etc.

T.

So, b00. Just curious, but if someone hypothetically had one of these, how much would you be willing to pay? Ballpark figure. I just wish to gauge the level of your insanity devotion.

Well for minimate board I actually got something to trade finally (as soon as seller ships it).. I was able to snag up a Agent 88 minimate so I am hoping once that arrives I can trade that out for a gold vorin ;) But in a lil over two weeks is my 30th Birthday so as a gift to myself hell or high water I will get a gold vorin and to answer your question vaguely as I can.. the one that went for 75$ on ebay if I saw it first I would not of thought twice about buying it..

And most ppl end up calling me b00 or b00stie I am good with either.. or my real name is John ;)

"Please sir, dont you want to give my daddy a Gold Vorin?"

309490_462086390468997_717815746_n.jpg

Edited by b00sted

So, b00. Just curious, but if someone hypothetically had one of these, how much would you be willing to pay? Ballpark figure. I just wish to gauge the level of your insanity devotion.

The number b00sted is willing to pay is not a number fathomable by the average human being....I'm sure the number he can be is more believable though :P . Sorry b00sted...had to!

Good luck to everyone trying to get a gold Vorin! I hope you guys get them soon so that when they start popping up on eBay 3 months from now I don't have to get into bidding wars...sigh.

I've been on the fence about battle beasts for a bit, I've spent a bit getting all the color variations only - but I think this gold one sealed the deal for me and I'm backing out from purchasing this line - Just canceled my preorder for the 2 pack exclusive from bigbadtoystore

Same for me. I will just keep all my DST Beasts just in case of I change my mind in the next few months.

I wish the line all the best. It's just that it is not for me.

so im just gonna say that that Moose is like way better then 100 Gold Vorins and maybe even a plaid Vorin, so ya, instead of trying to complete the rainbow, id look forward to the characters, which make the line a line :P

Well, I'm sorry I didn't read this thread during SDCC. I didn't fully grasp the gold Vorin thing until now.

As the SDCCMMMV rep (still not fully sure what the job details are), I will take all responsibility for not getting more for the forums. DST doesn't have to give us anything and I am happy that Zach and Chuck in years past have given us something for free that they spend money on (promos, posters, buttons, etc). I may have overstepped my bounds this year when I took a big stack of BB ashcans and Chuck basically said "no, not that many" as I confirmed with him on what I was taking.

I won't lie, Zach mentioned there was some gift bags left over and I should have pushed more on getting them. (Please people, don't jump on Zach now that I said there was some gift bags left over.) I'll take the blame on that as I feel I could have used some diplomacy. The situation is what it is but there is no way I could get more than a handful to spread out to the public and not among the "VIPs". I'm sure the leftover gift bag promos were put back into the overall leftover promo stash and that Chuck will get some cookies (he likes chewy chocolate chip) but remember, Zach likes beef jerky (not sure what flavour yet). ;)

Mods, I'm ready for my performance review and the whippings afterwards... :sad: