UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Battle Beasts Minimates

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked the initial proto.s, but now I'm incredibly excited about this license after seeing what they've got planned! While I too could do without the "human" elements (oh well, fodder for a mod-project), this has pure-win written all over it IMHO. Excellent fantasy character designs translated into well-executed 'mates. What's not to love here?!? Sign me the F-up and ship these out already!

From Zach:

Battle Beasts shown are specialty market. Comic accurate. Humans only in specialty.

TRU will have wave of BB too. Same figures but repainted to grab the attention of kids. More vibrant color schemes and such. And TRU will have 2 more beasts to replace the humans.

Edit:

Not sure if this is mentioned already. Just the blue translucent Battle Beast promo will be given out each day.

Edited by storm 1:08

Least it is only 1 promo and not 4 like I thought it was gonna be but will have to hunt down the poster/biz card and pin :/ lol

Edited by b00sted

That Blue Vorin would look pretty good with my red one, I'll have to find a way to get one.

I'm digging all the creatures I'm seeing in this line, not crazy about the humans, here's hoping the TRU ones aren't too brightly colored (Neon would be bad I think) I might have to get a spare of the snake guy to make my first GI Joe minimate custom :D

I am really loving the look of these Battle Beasts. I can't believe how well the main 3 translated from the art in the comic to minimate form. Really fantastic stuff.

The spider just looks a little off to me. I am sure that once I see more pictures of it, or have them in hand, that I'll like him a lot more.

I am not really interested in the human figures too much. I can understand why they are there, since this wave is clearly based off the comic book story. But with the figure line, I am really interested in Beasts in armor fighting each other.

On that note, how many people of read issue 1 of the comic yet? I picked up my copy yesterday, and read through it twice. First of all, the artwork in the comic is outstanding. Both the animals and the people look outstanding. The story itself is pretty good, although its all still very basic right now. We didn't have a whole lot shown to us. It was more set up for who are going to be the major players moving forward. The action was great. Two really nice fights in there. And after reading the comic, I really want a minimate of the bear that's on Luke's cover.

That blue Vorin is fantastic. I really wish that DST would just make an extra pile of the promos and dump them to those of us on here that can't go to cons and get one. As it stands, I need to get ahold of that little blue ram, and if I can't, well I'll probably go insane.

post-638-0-32573500-1342116776_thumb.jpg

Prepare yourself for insanity my friend.

shh i want to spam ebay alone dammit *grumbles at now more expensive ram bidding*

Edited by b00sted

nias, snagged the blue lil sucker for 11$ shipped I am a happy man as long as I can snag the other golden gem that should be coming :)

where is the talk of this pin and golden gem coming from??? I saw no such talk

Jeff of the Miniacs