UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Battle Beasts Minimates

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been helping out a US member get a UK magazine called 'Thundercats' which retails at less than $5,each issue is bagged up with all manner of free gizmos that the reader/fan gets ......anyone seeing my point ?

You want us to polybag a comic book... with a Minimate?

For Reference...

Thundercats Magazine

I don't know how they publish a glossy (?) full-color magazine with a packaged (!) Sword of Omens for under five bucks -- can't imagine what kind of numbers Panini publishes of it -- but that's certainly impressive. I'll pass along the suggestion. A comic book plus a sculpted and painted Minimate would probably cost six or seven bucks at least, though. Even if it was a squat, flat, misshapen Minimate like that Sword of Omens.

The incentive cover is an old comic book industry staple, that's why we went this route.

I've been helping out a US member get a UK magazine called 'Thundercats' which retails at less than $5,each issue is bagged up with all manner of free gizmos that the reader/fan gets ......anyone seeing my point ?

You want us to polybag a comic book... with a Minimate?

For Reference...

Thundercats Magazine

I don't know how they publish a glossy (?) full-color magazine with a packaged (!) Sword of Omens for under five bucks -- can't imagine what kind of numbers Panini publishes of it -- but that's certainly impressive. I'll pass along the suggestion. A comic book plus a sculpted and painted Minimate would probably cost six or seven bucks at least, though. Even if it was a squat, flat, misshapen Minimate like that Sword of Omens.

The incentive cover is an old comic book industry staple, that's why we went this route.

Heck I'd pay $10 for a packaged exclusive. Seriously though, almost 20 of us are willing to pay $50 + for an exclusive. So I would say under $10 and you have a winner!

I rarely venture forth into any sort of store anywhere but when I was tracking down this Panini magazine I was amazed at how many themed magazines there were ,all using this type of promotion . Zach,I can't blame you for thinking,as I did,how do they do that for that price ? Trouble is,as a rabid Minimate collector,it forces me to ask the question "Why can't DST do this for me ?" I may appear whingy & whiney at times (all the time ? :unsure: ) but I'm on the team that wants Minimates to be the most successful toy-brand in the world & the most infuriating thing with Minimate 'dismissers' is that they've very rarely even held one in their hands.....I know.... I can just about remember being one of those people. :rolleyes:

I categorically know what an unpainted Minimate blank costs to make .....it's hardly rocket-science to figure it out.... & I just feel that getting them into the hands of potential-fans would be the best way to go....cost it into the magazine selling price & give it to the fans for 'free' whilst plastering a great big 'other Minimates available' full-page ad in the comic.

I guess he woke up with a horse's head on his pillow :unsure:

haha my threats worked... in all seriousness I am curious what happened though

FYI, the comic is a strong PG-13. A vulture gets a knife to the head in the first issue. Not sure how old the kids at your camp are, Jeff.

a knife to the head...but how graphic is it? While I am a huge supporter of the direction most companies have taken with their more kid friendly/appropriate content I am not blind to the fact that most kids today are exposed to way more 'graphic' content then before. I will check over the preview of the comic on the BB website and peruse over the ashcan copy from the con once it arrives and see but I don't recall what I have seen so far being something to deter me from letting the older kids read it. I will say that it does surprise me a bit if the comic is rated for older kids since I would have thought tying a toyline and comic would be great for the slightly younger audience since society says that kids should be all done playing with toys by the time their 7-8 years old(I wont ramble on there since once I get started I cant stop with my thoughts on that idea.

Jeff of the Miniacs

MMC review along with larger pics from review attached.

looks like we both had the same idea for yesterday, just slightly different format!

http://portraitofanaddiction.blogspot.ca/2012/05/day-500.html

whats that they say about great minds lol

great review and some awesome pics Lurch!

Jeff of the Miniacs

For the Stealth Vorin I am up to 18 orders now. At this point I am planning on ordering the large quantity, and everyone will get the $50 price point. I am going to keep taking orders until the end of the month, in case more people want in on the deal, but I won't be able to get it below $50. Please let me know by the 29th.

are these 25 comics going to be a variant cover? or is there even going to be a variant cover anyone know? and since this will be sucking me back into picking up comics where is the best place to grab up the rest of the mini series that will be coming out?

The best place to buy comic books? I would guess a comic book store?

But if you wanna order issues online, usually I get what I can't find n stores from Midtown Comics. I get a lot of stuff from them, actually, nw that I think about it.

no crap lol a comic book store.. the only one near me that i know of has a stench of sweat and urine.. so would rather get them online heh

....... the only one near me that i know of has a stench of sweat and urine..

Apparently this problem cleared up just after you left :tongue:

Sorry .....I just couldn't help myself.

that may explain why the wife has been avoiding me as well :ohmy: