UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Battle Beasts Minimates

Protos? Do you mean promos? No, we won't be selling promos. They were promos. We gave them all out. If we held some back and started selling them, that would be bad.

I think b00sted is blinded by enthusiasm ......ain't a bad thing really is it? .........you should forgive him for confusing a PROMOtional with a PROTOtype because there seems to be an awful lot of ebay sellers that are describing them as prototypes ...... http://www.ebay.com/csc/i.html?Theme=Battle%2520Beasts&_sacat=0&_from=R40&_nkw=minimates+prototype&_dmpt=US_Action_Figures&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clearly my comprehension skills are not the greatest but from reading about the stealth Vorin, I conclude that the only way to get it is to order 25 copies of the BB comic book? Can someone clarify this for me? Also a lot of you guys are saying you're going to your LCS and talking to them...what exactly are you asking them? To hold the figure for you? Or if they'll sell it to you?

Yes that's correct. My LCS said he Probably won't order 25 to get the figure so he would make me buy the 25 at retail cost on the rest of the comics to get the battle beast. I'll probably take up Luke on his offer.

Edited by Ninja Mate

Protos? Do you mean promos? No, we won't be selling promos. They were promos. We gave them all out. If we held some back and started selling them, that would be bad.

I think b00sted is blinded by enthusiasm ......ain't a bad thing really is it? .........you should forgive him for confusing a PROMOtional with a PROTOtype because there seems to be an awful lot of ebay sellers that are describing them as prototypes ...... http://www.ebay.com/csc/i.html?Theme=Battle%2520Beasts&_sacat=0&_from=R40&_nkw=minimates+prototype&_dmpt=US_Action_Figures&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc

no, I actually meant proto's ;) collecting some much random stuff over the years when I got into designer Vinyl it became my holy grail to get my hands on prototypes and artist proofs :) I know this is not designer vinyl but I just like rare expensive cool stuff :P

EDIT: and I agree everyone should take Luke up on his offer so we can get the price down 15 bucks ^_^

Edited by b00sted

Huge props to Luke for making the deal on these books. I am waiting to hear back from my comic guy but will more than likely be jumping in on the offer too.

Just want to throw this out to all those that are buying the 25 copies...if you have not the need for the comics I run a kids day camp during the summer and have a table of comics that the kids can take and read during down times throughout the day and most of the time let the kids take them home if they so choose to. I think this would be a great avenue to get the Battle Beasts some extra exposure and plan on asking Zach about maybe donating some Beasts posters that I can put up in camp alongside the movie posters that our theater donates. So if you have a pile of Beasts comics from getting the promo minimate and would like to donate them to a worthy cause please let me know!

Jeff of the Miniacs

Done! We are up to 11 confirmed orders now.

More than half way there! Shouldn't be tough to get nine more who want this fig!

So if you have a pile of Beasts comics from getting the promo minimate and would like to donate them to a worthy cause please let me know!

I've got 48 copies for ya Jeff! :thumbsup:

Edited by Fujis

More than half way there! Shouldn't be tough to get nine more who want this fig!

So if you have a pile of Beasts comics from getting the promo minimate and would like to donate them to a worthy cause please let me know!

I've got 48 copies for ya Jeff! :thumbsup:

I realize I sound stupid but can someone please explain to me exactly what's happening with the orders? I'm very interested in the minimate but don't understand, is Luke getting them at a different price? If so what is the price? sorry if I missed something, been travelling all weekend.

you got my msg right? I am down for one as well :)

EDIT: and Jeff I am more than happy to send you some of these :) (going to keep a few for my 18 month old to look at aka destroy lol)

I realize I sound stupid but can someone please explain to me exactly what's happening with the orders? I'm very interested in the minimate but don't understand, is Luke getting them at a different price? If so what is the price? sorry if I missed something, been travelling all weekend.

Luke can get them 65$ if he can get 16 people to order he can get the "Large" order and then the price drops to 50$ per order for us. So whoever orders from him will be getting 25 comics and the minimate. And we really sure Thank Luke 10 times over as this is awesome he is doing this for us :)

Edited by b00sted

The comic has a $3.99 cover price, so if you were to buy 25 copies normally, it would be almost $100.

it is going to be funny to see the 10000 copies of the comic on ebay next month lol

The comic has a $3.99 cover price, so if you were to buy 25 copies normally, it would be almost $100.

it is going to be funny to see the 10000 copies of the comic on ebay next month lol

Job 10;15 "woe unto me""

That scenario isn't going to help the sales of the magazine come issue 2 is it?

I've been helping out a US member get a UK magazine called 'Thundercats' which retails at less than $5,each issue is bagged up with all manner of free gizmos that the reader/fan gets ......anyone seeing my point ?

FYI, the comic is a strong PG-13. A vulture gets a knife to the head in the first issue. Not sure how old the kids at your camp are, Jeff.

And if this gets retailers to have extra copies in their store, that's good for us. Most would order 5-10, sell those out, and not re-order more. If 25 people have a chance to pick up the issue in a shop, then that's 25 people learning about our toys. And that's sales a retailer can see, and will use as a basis for their next comic (and toy) order.

Luke, if you're selling 400 comic books at cost (or close to it), you are definitely a saint. Saint Luke, patron saint of Minimates.

I've been helping out a US member get a UK magazine called 'Thundercats' which retails at less than $5,each issue is bagged up with all manner of free gizmos that the reader/fan gets ......anyone seeing my point ?

You want us to polybag a comic book... with a Minimate?

Back in the 90's, I remember buying Kenner's horrible ALIENS toyline to get the poor quality Dark Horse ALIENS comics that came with the figures, just because I collected ALIENS comics. I never thought I would see the day where I was buying a comic (or 25) just to get a Minimate! :lol:

(In no way am I comparing the quality of any DST/IDW products with that of the 90's Kenner/Dark Horse items!)

I have to agree with what BHM was saying though, I would rather have seen a solicitation for a 'Special Edition' of the comic that came with the BB at a higher price tag, that way retailers could order as many as they want without fear of being stuck with multiple issues of an "unproven" comic book. Again, not slighting DST/IDW's work, as I was impressed with the Battle Beast promo comic, but that has to be a tough sell to a retailer to order heavy on an untested product just to get an incentive of an untested toy line that they will probably end up putting on eBay or selling to a customer at a premium.

Then again, the whole "incentive cover" nonsense was one of the reasons I stopped buying comics all together, so I'm a bit jaded.

You want us to polybag a comic book... with a Minimate?

Simple answer would be "Yes" .

I'm a Minimate collector I want to collect minimates . I don't mind buying bars of soap with minimates in them ,buying collector cases with minimates in them,lego-like sets with minimates in them,vehicles with minimates in them,DVD packaging with Minimates in them .....& I'll also be amongst the fools that will be wallpapering their walls with Battle Beast comics.....but giving the incentive to the retailer rather than the collector is beyond my ken . We are fortunate enough to have someone like Luke who is willing to forgo the temptation to profit from this ....someone who doesn't sell comics at all .

Edited by buttheadsmate